ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Media Center>Wonder Woman 1984 trailer
Deberg_1990 04:34 PM 12-08-2019

Here it is! Watch the first #WonderWoman 1984 trailer now.

A new era of wonder arrives in theatres June 5. Who will you see #WW84 with? pic.twitter.com/aU9Edox1XK

— AMC Theatres (@AMCTheatres) December 8, 2019

[Reply]
heapshake 06:07 PM 12-29-2020
I had 3 girls that wanted to watch it so I put it on.

I walked in on a scene where there was a bunch of soldiers shooting while they were driving down a highway in the desert. A couple of kids were playing in the highway and WW had to rescue them.

Was this supposed to be a joke? Was it poking fun at super heroes saving kids or is the viewer supposed to feel worried about the fate of these children? It didn't strike me as funny but I know kids don't play on highways especially when big trucks shooting bullets are headed their direction so it can't be there for drama can it?

I think the girls liked it though.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:22 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by heapshake:
I had 3 girls that wanted to watch it so I put it on.

I walked in on a scene where there was a bunch of soldiers shooting while they were driving down a highway in the desert. A couple of kids were playing in the highway and WW had to rescue them.

Was this supposed to be a joke? Was it poking fun at super heroes saving kids or is the viewer supposed to feel worried about the fate of these children? It didn't strike me as funny but I know kids don't play on highways especially when big trucks shooting bullets are headed their direction so it can't be there for drama can it?

I think the girls liked it though.
Not a joke. Was in there to show her Power fading.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:44 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I've avoided Battlefield Earth the movie because I was a ridiculous level of fan of the book. . . . Like, 'best I read since Dune' fan.

It's schlocky and pulpy, but it's also breezy and entertaining. I mean it's nearly 1,000 pages and I read it in under a week.

Kind of curious from time to time what exactly makes the movie SO bad, but not curious enough to find out.
Don't watch it. The book is an example of an old school sci-fi writer cranking out massive content that's a joy to read. The movie is a tragically broken John Travolta vehicle. I'd like to see a decent adaption but you can add that to the wishlist.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:09 PM 12-29-2020
Yeah, gonna call a waist of my time. It was ok but not what I expected. Was hoping for something "close" to original WW. 3 out of 5 stars.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:33 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Don't watch it. The book is an example of an old school sci-fi writer cranking out massive content that's a joy to read. The movie is a tragically broken John Travolta vehicle. I'd like to see a decent adaption but you can add that to the wishlist.
Yeah, I mean I kinda figured.

I'm not in the habit of trying to enjoy bad movies too much. They have to be uniquely bad in an interesting way. So there's a little curiosity from 1) how and why it's exactly SO hated, and 2) how they effed up such breezy source material.

I imagine it has to do with corner-cutting and lack of tech to realize the whizbang things happening on the page, kind of like how Marvel movies sucked until CGI and masterplanning the narratives across the platform came along.

But like I said, not interested enough to find out.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:50 PM 12-29-2020
I think If this movie had come out back in the summer in normal times (no covid) it would have opened big, then fallen off huge after that.

Dane, why did WB announce a 3rd one with Jenkins so quickly?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:54 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I'd watch Gal Gadot put butter on toast, but the next movie had better be superior to this one or they'll kill the franchise.
How the fuck hard up are you guys :-). You couldn't PAY me to finish this garbage movie
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12-29-2020, 07:58 PM
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
DaneMcCloud 08:04 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I think If this movie had come out back in the summer in normal times (no covid) it would have opened big, then fallen off huge after that.

Dane, why did WB announce a 3rd one with Jenkins so quickly?
I only know a few people left at WB these days and they're out on vacation, like the rest of us, and don't know why it was greenlit so quickly.

I think it was a "hype" announcement more than set in stone factual but I don't have the details of her contract with WB. Maybe she has a Pay or Play clause or maybe there was a studio option for a 3rd.

I find it curious that she hasn't made a statement of any kind but she did say this last week:

Directors like Patty Jenkins, potentially. While she recalls being “shocked” when the studio approached her to debut Wonder Woman 1984 on HBO Max, a conversation that launched “a very, very long process, and I don’t know that they would have let us disagree based on what they’ve been doing now,” Jenkins can tell you one thing about the future of the DC franchise: she probably won’t come back for a hypothetical Wonder Woman 3 without the likelihood of a theatrical run.

“We’ll see what happens. I really don’t know,” she says of the threequel. “I know that I’d love to do the third one if the circumstances were right and there was still a theatrical model possible. I don’t know that I would if there wasn’t.”

There's no guarantee that WW3 will be theatrical at this point in time, although most expect the theaters to return to normal business by 1Q2022. But she's signed on for Star Wars as well and those films take at least a year to produce (not including the script), so again, this announcement feels like more of a marketing strategy to get more people to sign up for HBO Max than a real film whose plot is set and ready to go.

WarnerMedia announced this week that the "Snyder-verse" is over and that they're not interested in an overall connected DC Universe. WB also announced six new DC feature films per year but it sounds to me as if they're just going to crank out DC movies and see what sticks, with absolutely no plan in place.

Again.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:55 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Yeah, I mean I kinda figured.

I'm not in the habit of trying to enjoy bad movies too much. They have to be uniquely bad in an interesting way. So there's a little curiosity from 1) how and why it's exactly SO hated, and 2) how they effed up such breezy source material.

I imagine it has to do with corner-cutting and lack of tech to realize the whizbang things happening on the page, kind of like how Marvel movies sucked until CGI and masterplanning the narratives across the platform came along.

But like I said, not interested enough to find out.
I have forgotten huge chunks of the movie (thankfully) but as I recall it wasn't really the same story as the book. It's not so much a question of what was bad about the movie. There was nothing good about it at all. Nothing. Not a single thing. Name any aspect of a motion picture off the top of your head and this movie failed at it. Every single aspect.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:47 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

WarnerMedia announced this week that the "Snyder-verse" is over and that they're not interested in an overall connected DC Universe. WB also announced six new DC feature films per year but it sounds to me as if they're just going to crank out DC movies and see what sticks, with absolutely no plan in place.

Again.
That is so disappointing. Of course WW84 had no connection to anything, and did nothing to drive a narrative forward, so I suppose it shouldn't be.

Is it really that hard for a media conglomerate to have a coherent plan? Then again, it is stupendous how much better the Snyder cut of BvS is than the horrifically bad Theatrical cut.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:48 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
How the fuck hard up are you guys :-). You couldn't PAY me to finish this garbage movie
Then you miss the best part of the movie. Very, very low bar, but it is what it is.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:39 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
a marketing strategy to get more people to sign up for HBO Max
WW84 got me to sign up for HBO Max. Which I had no idea was a different thing since I already pay for HBO Go or whatever it's called so I initially assumed that I'd get the movie without having to do anything.

After watching the movie & looking through HBO Max to see what all I was getting I cancelled it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:44 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
WW84 got me to sign up for HBO Max. Which I had no idea was a different thing since I already pay for HBO Go or whatever it's called so I initially assumed that I'd get the movie without having to do anything.

After watching the movie & looking through HBO Max to see what all I was getting I cancelled it.
They have really made a mess of the HBO and HBOMax thing.

I thought they were combined into one?

So you have a choice of just having HBO by itself without the Max part?

I don’t know because I get HBOMAX thrown into my unlimited wireless package. They also give me the regular HBO channels on direct tv.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:36 AM 12-30-2020
According to Jenkins, WB wanted the two openings cut out.

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/gal...1984-interview

When did you realize you’d bring back Connie Nielsen and Robin Wright? Was that always written in? Was it because of the success of the first film?

PJ: It was not always written in. It was the success of the first film, but it was also something else. I wouldn’t of jammed it in there because of the success of the film, because it actually made the movie too long. We have two openings in our movie and we would talk about it with the studio all the time and they would say, you’ve got to cut the mall and the Eighties, or you’ve got to cut the Amazon. I was like, we can’t, we can’t cut either. The reason that I ended up realizing that you need the Amazon is because I suddenly, you do that thing where you’re like, wait, you have to remember all the people that haven’t seen the first Wonder Woman who watch this on a plane. And suddenly it’s like, oh, it’s super hard to understand who Diana is and what’s going on without touching base there. I love the fact that you hear all of the ‘being a great hero takes your whole life,’ you know? So there was this wisdom there that they were trying to tell her which is not about being the strongest or the fastest, it’s about these complex observations you have to make during life in order to become a true hero. I love that she doesn’t understand that until that final speech
Jenkins saying the 80's mall scene was essential does not bode well for her next Rogue One project.:-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:40 AM 12-30-2020
They have really made a mess of the HBO and HBOMax thing.

I thought they were combined into one?

So you have a choice of just having HBO by itself without the Max part?

I don’t know because I get HBOMAX thrown into my unlimited wireless package. They also give me the regular HBO channels on direct tv.
With my HBO subscription, I seem to have all of the HBO channels, so I really have no idea what the difference between the two are except one is $5 a month and the other is $10 a month.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up