ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Media Center>Wonder Woman 1984 trailer
Deberg_1990 04:34 PM 12-08-2019

Here it is! Watch the first #WonderWoman 1984 trailer now.

A new era of wonder arrives in theatres June 5. Who will you see #WW84 with? pic.twitter.com/aU9Edox1XK

— AMC Theatres (@AMCTheatres) December 8, 2019

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:35 PM 12-27-2020
This actually seems like a little bit of a disappointment. I wonder how many watched on HBOMAX?

#WonderWoman1984 broke the record for the largest domestic opening wknd during the pandemic era w/ $16.7M in 3 days from 2151 thtrs. This is with only 56% of the marketplace open for business + seating capacity limits. Over 10,000 private shows were rented out driving #boxoffice.

— Gitesh Pandya (@GiteshPandya) December 27, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:05 PM 12-27-2020
HBO Max's 'Wonder Woman 1984' audience helps fast-track a sequel

Millions of subscribers watched 'WW84' on opening day.

There’s little doubt that WarnerMedia had high hopes for Wonder Woman 1984’s simultaneous debut on HBO Max and in theaters, and that trust appears to have been well-placed. Warner Bros. is fast-tracking development of Wonder Woman 3 based on both its relative success at the pandemic-struck box office ($16.7 million in the US) and its HBO Max turnout. The media giant was unsurprisingly shy on exact numbers, but made clear that WW84 was a big help for its fledgling streaming service.

Nearly half of all “retail” HBO Max subscribers (that is, people paying $15 per month) watched the superhero movie on opening day, WarnerMedia said. There were also “millions” of bundle customers who used their cable or phone subscriptions to watch. Viewing hours on Christmas Day more than tripled the average in November.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:10 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Nearly half of all “retail” HBO Max subscribers (that is, people paying $15 per month) watched the superhero movie on opening day, WarnerMedia said. There were also “millions” of bundle customers who used their cable or phone subscriptions to watch. Viewing hours on Christmas Day more than tripled the average in November.
Now, watch those numbers fall 50% after people have figured out that HBO has nothing else to offer, especially at $15 per month.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:25 PM 12-27-2020
I'd watch Gal Gadot put butter on toast, but the next movie had better be superior to this one or they'll kill the franchise.
[Reply]
Cheater5 08:26 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It's funny/odd how DC Comics > Marvel Comics, but the MCU is light years ahead of DCEU.
Yeah!

No. :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:06 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I'd watch Gal Gadot put butter on toast, but the next movie had better be superior to this one or they'll kill the franchise.
Hopefully they learn from the backlash on this one. I feel this wasn't a wonder woman movie at all..also felt like they made her dumb af after a rewatch with the wife. So bloated this movie was and wonder woman can't move on from Steve Trevor? Hardly any action either. I assume we won't see a third movie till a year or two after rogue squadron.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 11:12 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Hopefully they learn from the backlash on this one. I feel this wasn't a wonder woman movie at all..also felt like they made her dumb af after a rewatch with the wife. So bloated this movie was and wonder woman can't move on from Steve Trevor? Hardly any action either. I assume we won't see a third movie till a year or two after rogue squadron.
That's EXACTLY what I thought. Why even bother to call it a Wonder Woman movie if the movie does nothing to advance the character's story?

It felt like somebody brought this terrible idea about a rock that grants one wish to the studio, and the idiots at the studio said "Hey, let's put Gal Gadot in the movie and call it a Wonder Woman movie! Profit!"
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:19 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
That's EXACTLY what I thought. Why even bother to call it a Wonder Woman movie if the movie does nothing to advance the character's story?

It felt like somebody brought this terrible idea about a rock that grants one wish to the studio, and the idiots at the studio said "Hey, let's put Gal Gadot in the movie and call it a Wonder Woman movie! Profit!"
Basically. Just so badly done...I love the character and what Gal and Patty did with the first film. The wishing bullshit they don't have to explain shit either. This might be my least favorite or next to least favorite dc movie. The after credit scene, the flying scene and whitehouse scene were the only cool parts from the movie. No idea how they let this happen. 65% on RT is being way too kind. Plot was so bad...I'm even more upset with this movie after I had to see it again with the wife.
[Reply]
Stryker 11:31 PM 12-27-2020
This movie sucked to the max! Wasted my time watching this CRAP!
That is all!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:32 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Basically. Just so badly done...I love the character and what Gal and Patty did with the first film. The wishing bullshit they don't have to explain shit either. This might be my least favorite or next to least favorite dc movie. The after credit scene, the flying scene and whitehouse scene were the only cool parts from the movie. No idea how they let this happen. 65% on RT is being way too kind. Plot was so bad...I'm even more upset with this movie after I had to see it again with the wife.
The entire first 25-30 minutes could have and should have been cut.

The tone reminded me of the 80s Supergirl movie or Superman III.

Nobody should be using those movies for inspiration.
[Reply]
SAGA45 07:50 AM 12-28-2020
It's funny, the mall opening had me thinking it was one of those "shooting a movie within a movie" scenes and I was waiting desperately for somebody to yell "cut!" so that real plot could commence. That cut never came. This film was turrash.
[Reply]
sully1983 08:18 AM 12-28-2020
Down to 5.8 out of 10 on IMDB....ouch!
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:26 PM 12-28-2020
Wonder Woman 1984 used so many colors in their posters that they weren't left with any for the actual movie

/stolen from Reddit
[Reply]
Bowser 03:33 PM 12-28-2020
Reading all the reviews for this here and elsewhere makes me think for some reason they actually made that Superman movie the Nic Cage was supposed to star in.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:11 PM 12-28-2020
Did Patty write and direct this garbage and not wonder woman? If that's the case stick to directing.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 19
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up