ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Media Center>Most Memorable moments from Game of Thrones
Buehler445 08:14 PM 05-20-2019
Now that it's all said and all done, what are your most memorable scenes from the show? There is a lot to draw from, I'm interested in what impacted you the most.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:42 PM 01-07-2021
Although killing off Barristan Selmy super early compared to the books because his actor had no issue telling you your shit sucks should've been a flashing neon sign that danger was approaching.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:48 AM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
This is the moment I'll always remember.

https://youtu.be/ahoHDU0T44

100% confirmation Douchebag and Dumbass had completely lost the plot.
"Video Unavailable"
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:11 AM 01-09-2021
It was the "Dany kind of forgot" video.

https://youtu.be/ahoHDU0T44I
[Reply]
Bowser 11:17 AM 01-09-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It was the "Dany kind of forgot" video.

https://youtu.be/ahoHDU0T44I
Ah yes, a strong presentation of the show starting the slow circle inside the toilet. How could I forget.

First comment - "Feeling cute, might destroy a decade long show later, idk". Lol, accurate.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:20 PM 01-31-2021
According to this power-geek site which I just discovered and am enjoying, GRRM is working on finishing WoW. Take with whatever size salt lick you choose.

Essentially, we’re looking at a Game of Thrones Cinematic Universe here, a GOTCU, if you will. I’ll leave it to you to discuss whether that’s a good or a bad thing, but I know it raises a lot of questions, namely: who’s planning this thing? Is Martin himself involved?

For a while, I’ve assumed the answer to that last question was no. For one thing, Martin has been clear that he’s focusing lots of attention on writing The Winds of Winter, the long-awaited sixth book in his Song of Ice and Fire series, essentially isolating himself in a mountain cabin to work on it. He’s admitted that getting involved in Game of Thrones — he wrote episodes for the first four seasons — slowed him down on that front, so I can’t see him jumping back in on the production side of things.

https://winteriscoming.net/2021/01/2...thrones-shows/
[Reply]
Frazod 01:51 AM 02-01-2021
Fuck him. It's now been almost 10 years since the last book came out. Regardless of what else he's been working on, he's had more than enough time to finish it. Plus, at this point, I'll believe it when I see it. "focusing lots of attention" could mean it'll only be another four or five years.

This guy is the Mahomes of procrastination.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 02:11 AM 02-01-2021
My opinion of the cause of GRMM's procrastination is that he seemed to get very caught up in being a celebrity. He loved it. Hopefully we get a little different ending from the TV show...will make the book worth reading for me.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:34 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
**** him. It's now been almost 10 years since the last book came out. Regardless of what else he's been working on, he's had more than enough time to finish it. Plus, at this point, I'll believe it when I see it. "focusing lots of attention" could mean it'll only be another four or five years.

This guy is the Mahomes of procrastination.
Can’t argue with any of this. But if it comes out I’ll read the goddamned thing.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:11 AM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Can’t argue with any of this. But if it comes out I’ll read the goddamned thing.
As will fraz, lol. As will we all.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:14 AM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
As will fraz, lol. As will we all.
I don't think so. The last two books weren't very good. Hell, even the earlier ones were overstuffed with bullshit. I don't even want to think about how much bullshit he's stuffed into something he's been mulling over for a decade.

And while the show really went in the shitter after they ran out of book material, we know they followed Martin's outline. So one way or another it ends with Bran the fucking Broken as king. Seriously, what's the point?

And also, at the end of the day, I don't want to put any more money in his pocket.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:49 AM 02-02-2021
I don't think so. The last two books weren't very good. Hell, even the earlier ones were overstuffed with bullshit. I don't even want to think about how much bullshit he's stuffed into something he's been mulling over for a decade.

And while the show really went in the shitter after they ran out of book material, we know they followed Martin's outline. So one way or another it ends with Bran the fucking Broken as king. Seriously, what's the point?

And also, at the end of the day, I don't want to put any more money in his pocket.
I'm going to try and hold the line and not give that fucker another single dime until the series is actually finished. Even then, I'm not sure I care to read anymore of his meandering BS.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:59 AM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I'm going to try and hold the line and not give that fucker another single dime until the series is actually finished. Even then, I'm not sure I care to read anymore of his meandering BS.
He'll never finish it.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:59 AM 02-02-2021
I read the first two books. I realized that he would never finish the series by the end of the second book. 1,400 pages into the story, an extremely minor character is introduced and the author spends a full page detailing the family tree of what was essentially a one dimensional background character.

Word-building is great, but I don't need detailed biographies of every person on the planet.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:26 AM 02-02-2021
He'll never finish it.
Agreed, and I really don't much care at this point.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:29 AM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I read the first two books. I realized that he would never finish the series by the end of the second book. 1,400 pages into the story, an extremely minor character is introduced and the author spends a full page detailing the family tree of what was essentially a one dimensional background character.

Word-building is great, but I don't need detailed biographies of every person on the planet.
I really enjoyed the three page descriptions of the imaginary shit everybody is having for dinner. :-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up