ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 153
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:27 PM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
There's not a whole lot of places they can really go with the story, without risking it getting too big for it's britches.

He's just a humble Mando, not the savior of the galaxy. He's not Iron Man, Thanos isn't coming through a portal.
Except that he had a team last year, all of which were killed, save for Greef Carga and Cara Dune, neither of which we've seen through nearly 100 minutes of screen time.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:11 PM 11-09-2020
This is from a Creative Director at Lucasfilm:

For the record, Chapter 10 of #TheMandalorian makes it clear that the Frog Lady’s eggs are unfertilized, like the chicken eggs many of us enjoy. But obviously, chickens aren’t sentient beings and the Child eating the eggs is intentionally disturbing, for comedic effect.#StarWars https://t.co/Js51fLpE3C

— Phil Szostak (@PhilSzostak) November 9, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:13 PM 11-09-2020
Ralph McQuarrie's genius lives on...

Initially sketched in February 1979 for #TheEmpireStrikesBack, Ralph McQuarrie completed his “bog planet tree creature” painting in 1993 for The Illustrated #StarWars Universe, later inspiring both the krykna for #StarWarsRebels and the spiders for Chapter 10 of #TheMandalorian. pic.twitter.com/EfF3O4RnhX

— Phil Szostak (@PhilSzostak) November 9, 2020

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:20 PM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is from a Creative Director at Lucasfilm:

It wasn't humorous at all, and a big whiff on the writers end especially after they humanized Frog Lady
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:51 PM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It wasn't humorous at all, and a big whiff on the writers end especially after they humanized Frog Lady
Eh, I laughed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:53 PM 11-09-2020
There's not a whole lot of places they can really go with the story, without risking it getting too big for it's britches.

He's just a humble Mando, not the savior of the galaxy. He's not Iron Man, Thanos isn't coming through a portal.

I'd rather see him just wrecking shit in Star Wars theme parks. That Krayt Dragon scene was one of the most perfect action sequences in the history of the franchise. The IMAX shots, my ****ing GOD.
Yeah, fuck turning Mando into a super hero saving the galaxy. Keep this down to the ground.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:56 PM 11-09-2020
Question

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 07:57 PM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Yeah, that's what I thought too. It was worth a chuckle the first time. But then we find out that Frog Lady was actually super smart and that just made it weird and awkward when they continued with it. Like others have said, it felt contradictory to what they'd been trying to establish up to this point.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:33 PM 11-09-2020

#Mandalorian Season 2, Episode 4 Is Directed By Carl Weathers https://t.co/0R46yBfkNO pic.twitter.com/CjKBdB7Edn

— Screen Rant (@screenrant) November 10, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:23 PM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yeah, that's what I thought too. It was worth a chuckle the first time. But then we find out that Frog Lady was actually super smart and that just made it weird and awkward when they continued with it. Like others have said, it felt contradictory to what they'd been trying to establish up to this point.
It was most certainly cringe-worthy at best and horrifying at worst.

I didn't see any "humor" at all in that episode, especially given that it was stated repeatedly that this would be the final offspring of her life cycle.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:35 PM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It was most certainly cringe-worthy at best and horrifying at worst.

I didn't see any "humor" at all in that episode, especially given that it was stated repeatedly that this would be the final offspring of her life cycle.
Eh. My wife, who loves all things babies, always and forever, laughed at it.

I didn't dig it, but it got a chuckle out of her.

I don't know, I'm with you, but I'm open to the possibility that I'm in the minority.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:42 PM 11-09-2020
I think you guys are getting way too worked up over this.

I mean, who doesn’t like eggs? :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:54 PM 11-09-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I don't know, I'm with you, but I'm open to the possibility that I'm in the minority.
Much to my surprise, because I thought "maybe it's just me?", there have been quite a few articles posted on the internet on the usual TV and Film news related websites in which people had the same reaction.

I kid you not, when I saw BY approach the eggs and put his hands on the container, I was saying to myself "Don't do it, don't do it, please don't do it", then he did it.

I wouldn't have any issue had they not been sentient life forms but I have to say, it really turned me off.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:21 PM 11-09-2020
Wow - well, I think that makes my point even more.

It has to be a lot less computer man hours to render desertscapes than a bustling city.

Hell, they could get away with using existing footage for a lot of it.
Maybe 30 years ago but not today.

Shooting on location is a bitch, which is why Sound Stages exist. Otherwise, the production company would need to hire Location Scouts, pull permits, pay for travel, cartage, lodging and food for a huge crew of people, hope that the lighting is right for the shoot, then further enhance the shots with VFX.

The Volume is the future because it allows the actors to actually feel as if they're on location because their surrounding are constantly changing as the actors move.

And while it's certainly not cheap, 6+ hours of Star Wars for $150 million is an absolute bargain.
[Reply]
Fish 10:47 PM 11-09-2020
In contrast to this fucking nonsense...

[Reply]
Page 54 of 153
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104 > Last »
Up