ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 153
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
listopencil 01:43 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Maybe his son wasn't cloned. Maybe we'll get to see footage of Sheev and a lady friend frolicking on a grassy hill a la Anakin and Padme.
Oh. Yay. I don't like sand.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:16 AM 12-21-2020
love this font work

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:09 AM 12-21-2020
:-)

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:32 AM 12-21-2020
It's officially Official!

From starwars.com

------------

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-book-of-boba-fett

THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT, A NEW SERIES, COMING DECEMBER 2021 ON DISNEY+. THE LEGEND WILL RETURN NEXT YEAR.

Boba Fett is back. And his story is just beginning.

As teased in a surprise end-credit sequence following the season finale of The Mandalorian, the legendary bounty hunter’s journey will continue in The Book of Boba Fett. Jon Favreau, executive producer of The Mandalorian, confirmed today on Good Morning America that the new series is currently in production and will arrive December 2021, only on Disney+.

The Book of Boba Fett will be set within the timeline of The Mandalorian and star Temuera Morrison as the titular bounty hunter, along with Ming-Na Wen as Fennec Shand. Robert Rodriguez — who directed Chapter 14 of The Mandalorian, a thrilling installment that reintroduced Boba Fett to the Star Wars galaxy — joins Favreau and Dave Filoni as executive producer.

Boba Fett made his big-screen debut in 1980’s Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, becoming an instant fan favorite thanks to his visually arresting armor and cool demeanor. Jeremy Bulloch, the original actor inside the armor, passed away last week — but his legacy, including all he brought to Boba Fett, goes on. The Book of Boba Fett will carry that legacy forward.

Season 3 of The Mandalorian will go into production next year.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:59 AM 12-21-2020
how does Lucasfilm manage to fuck this up?

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:12 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Oh. Yay. I don't like sand.
:-)
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 01:03 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
There's no way Filoni was not involved in the finale.
Spoiler!
They could actually use that to tie it all together, say that The Children of the Watch (the group Din & the armorer are a part of) started as a result or her not following the old ways when she accepted the dark saber, and that splintered Mandalore & allowed the Empire to destroy them. Having learned from that experience she now knows the only way to unite Mandalore is to properly attain the Saber in combat.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:53 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
They could actually use that to tie it all together, say that The Children of the Watch (the group Din & the armorer are a part of) started as a result or her not following the old ways when she accepted the dark saber, and that splintered Mandalore & allowed the Empire to destroy them. Having learned from that experience she now knows the only way to unite Mandalore is to properly attain the Saber in combat.
It's almost as if Mandalorians are treating the Dark Saber like the sword of Arthurian legend.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:58 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's almost as if Mandalorians are treating the Dark Saber like the sword of Arthurian legend.
I like the way this is going.

Din Djarin as King Arthur and Luke as Merlin.

Mandalore as Camelot.

The Darksaber as Excalibur.

Grogu as the Holy Grail.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:50 PM 12-21-2020

[Reply]
Bowser 03:00 PM 12-21-2020
^ Lol. As it should be.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:00 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
how does Lucasfilm manage to fuck this up?

Jesus. :-)

You'd think Disney would just reach out to the Deepfake guys and hire them instead of being clowned.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12-21-2020, 06:51 PM
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
DaneMcCloud 06:54 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Jesus. :-)

You'd think Disney would just reach out to the Deepfake guys and hire them instead of being clowned.
What am I missing here?

I've watched this a couple of times on a new 27" LED monitor and the only difference I've been able to spot is some really mild color-correction.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:05 PM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What am I missing here?

I've watched this a couple of times on a new 27" LED monitor and the only difference I've been able to spot is some really mild color-correction.
There's a clear difference. When you look at the side-by-side comparison, the images on the left are blurry and while well done, obviously CGI. The images on the right look like Mark Hamill stepped out of a fucking time machine from 1983. The eyes are particularly lifelike.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:23 PM 12-21-2020
You can really see the difference here. Deepfake nose looks better too.

Disney needs to start applying a simple deepfake pass to all their CGI creations. The Tarkin and Leia deepfakes look way better, too.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 153
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151 > Last »
Up