Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones is day-to-day
493rd 12:23 PM 01-13-2020
Which means he should be good for Sunday barring a setback
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-calf-injury/
[Reply]
Brooklyn 11:49 AM 01-14-2020
if he secretly tore his achilles, we'd know, right?
[Reply]
RunKC 11:49 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
We REALLY need him for this one.
I would argue that Chris Jones importance was needed far more against the Texans than the Titans. We are all aware of Chris’s struggles against the run at times, including the last game where he was one of the players directly responsible for Henry’s TD run.

We’re going to need our big boys in this one to stop the run. If we limit Henry and force this to be a Tannehill vs Mahomes game, we win by double-digits.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:52 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I would argue that Chris Jones importance was needed far more against the Texans than the Titans. We are all aware of Chris’s struggles against the run at times, including the last game where he was one of the players directly responsible for Henry’s TD run.

We’re going to need our big boys in this one to stop the run. If we limit Henry and force this to be a Tannehill vs Mahomes game, we win by double-digits.
I agree but with Spags coaching everyone up and the defense starting to gel it would have been interesting to see if Jones run d had improved. Yes I am already expecting him "not to play".:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:55 AM 01-14-2020

Yeah. We need every single big boy we have up front just for rotation. Henry is probably going to get the ball 30+ times this game again, and our guys will inevitably get worn out. Jones missing this game will fucking hurt if it happens.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:58 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Best ability is availability. If he's not available in the postseason or doesn't contribute yet again then he shouldn't be expecting anything more than $15 million a year on his next contract.
Could be a blessing in disguise over the long term. Last thing KC needs is another dead weight massive liability contract such as Justin Houston or Eric Berry. Take the $20M from Jones’ potential salary and use it for better depth in the OL, LB, or secondary.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:02 PM 01-14-2020

I hope you’re right but I think the beef Jones offers along with interior pass rushing ability is more valuable than any of our other defensive linemen’s skill set.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:08 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I hope you’re right but I think the beef Jones offers along with interior pass rushing ability is more valuable than any of our other defensive linemen’s skill set.
Let’s contrast the 2 matchups we had with the Titans. Which one makes you feel better if you had to choose?

4 DL with Chris Jones and Joey Ivie and Okafor at DE

Or

4 DL with Pennel, X. Williams and Suggs at DE

IMO Suggs and Pennel are HUGE additions for this game and stopping Henry.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:20 PM 01-14-2020
I would think the best starting DL for the Titans game would have to be Jones at DE, Pennel and Nnadi at DT and Clark at the other DE. Yes with plenty of rotation of Suggs at the DE position as well.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:27 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Brooklyn:
HoboSpirit - the sequel
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:27 PM 01-14-2020
Let’s contrast the 2 matchups we had with the Titans. Which one makes you feel better if you had to choose?

4 DL with Chris Jones and Joey Ivie and Okafor at DE

Or

4 DL with Pennel, X. Williams and Suggs at DE

IMO Suggs and Pennel are HUGE additions for this game and stopping Henry.
I want a healthy Chris Jones on the field if at all possible.

I hope they're trying some 5-2 and 6-1 packages in practice this week just in case things get a little hairy. I'd think a DL of Clark-Nnadi-Pennel-Jones-Suggs would be pretty difficult to run on.
[Reply]
loochy 12:27 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Brooklyn:

Yeah, we'd know because he wouldn't be hopping around on the sideline 3 days after injuring it.
[Reply]
Chief Pote 12:41 PM 01-14-2020
Cut him if he doesn't play. No excuses.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:45 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pote:
Cut him if he doesn't play. No excuses.
Eh?
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:47 PM 01-14-2020
Don’t overlook the fact that the Titans are far healthier than they were when we played them last as well. Casey is back at full strength, their secondary is pretty much intact as well. They are thin right now at linebacker however, with recent injuries to Brown and some other Jag I can’t remember right off the top of my head....
[Reply]
kysirsoze 12:49 PM 01-14-2020
Seems weird he'd be testing it out to possibly play last Sunday but can't go a week later, but WTF do I know.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up