ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 902 of 1013
« First < 402802852892898899900901902 9039049059069129521002 > Last »
The Lounge>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
In58men 08:58 AM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
just made spaghetti with hot italian sausage

no pics
Richardo Shermano?
[Reply]
srvy 11:24 AM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Having me a traditional treat tonight

Caesar salad with tomato
Baked potato with sour cream
1.20 lb black angus ribeye on the grill
Yum

Just curious are you making the caesar dressing?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:51 AM 03-30-2019
Skirt steak teriyaki.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:05 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Having me a traditional treat tonight

Caesar salad with tomato
Baked potato with sour cream
1.20 lb black angus ribeye on the grill
I'll be doing pretty much the exact same meal tonight, but with a big ol' KC Strip.

Great minds and all...
[Reply]
Pablo 01:06 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Skirt steak teriyaki.
Man I wood smash right now.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:13 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yum

Just curious are you making the caesar dressing?
I know you didn't ask me but I have the last couple of times I've had caesar salad. I was gonna buy the jar of Marzetti's but it's 5 dollars and I have all the stuff I need to make it on hand, except for the anchovy paste I had to buy.

The discussion in this thread a few weeks ago is what led me to try to make it. It's night and day over any storebought dressings I've ever bought. It isn't too much of a hassle and it keeps alright for a week or longer, I've been using the hell out of it. Better than any steakhouse caesar I can recall either. Summer time I usually make a honey mustard vinagrette I keep in the fridge too.

https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipe...-dressing.html
[Reply]
threebag02 01:17 PM 03-30-2019
FMB you sure don’t appear to live a diabetic lifestyle when it comes to eats. Hope all is well bro.
[Reply]
srvy 01:23 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I know you didn't ask me but I have the last couple of times I've had caesar salad. I was gonna buy the jar of Marzetti's but it's 5 dollars and I have all the stuff I need to make it on hand, except for the anchovy paste I had to buy.

The discussion in this thread a few weeks ago is what led me to try to make it. It's night and day over any storebought dressings I've ever bought. It isn't too much of a hassle and it keeps alright for a week or longer, I've been using the hell out of it. Better than any steakhouse caesar I can recall either. Summer time I usually make a honey mustard vinagrette I keep in the fridge too.

https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipe...-dressing.html
Thanks may have to get off my duff and try this. I will say the other day I bought the Dole Caesar Salad and the dressing that comes with it was excellent.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:27 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Thanks may have to get off my duff and try this. I will say the other day I bought the Dole Caesar Salad and the dressing that comes with it was excellent.
Yep I've had that kit before and I like it a lot. They've got one that's a citrus vinaigrette that's awesome too. Sunflower Crunch I think it's called if you're looking for something different. I snag those kits up when they're on sale, easy and cheap side.

I cheat on the cheese, using the pre shredded parmesan but Price Chopper has decent prices on the real stuff if you're so keen. Otherwise I just follow that recipe and it's perfect. Also if you see Heinz brand mayo on sale give it a try. It's pretty damn good all around.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:56 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I'll be doing pretty much the exact same meal tonight, but with a big ol' KC Strip.

Great minds and all...
Oh yeah, it's tough to beat the classics

It's gonna be a shitty night to be out on the porch here, but by gawd I want this thing grilled!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:56 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by threebag02:
FMB you sure donít appear to live a diabetic lifestyle when it comes to eats. Hope all is well bro.
You'd be surprised how little I eat. My sugars are well controlled, actually low this morning. Last A1C was 6.5. I see a dietitian once a month, have blood work done once a month, and besides my albumin being consistently low (need more protein), my numbers are all good. And I've managed to maintain weight even though through my dialysis I absorb about 700 calories when I sleep.

Edit: Blood sugar two hours after that lunch was 107.
[Reply]
In58men 01:59 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
You'd be surprised how little I eat. My sugars are well controlled, actually low this morning. Last A1C was 6.5. I see a dietitian once a month, have blood work done once a month, and besides my albumin being consistently low (need more protein), my numbers are all good.
Some shit is worth losing a toe over.

You do you fam
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:01 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Some shit is worth losing a toe over.



You do you fam
Man, fuck you.
[Reply]
In58men 02:04 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Man, **** you.
:-)

We tell my uncle this every time we go to eat. Dude loves sweets, so when we order dessert we give him shit about losing a toe. We give each other all kinds of shit, he never lets me forget that I have gout.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:08 PM 03-30-2019
I'd say a 6.5 A1C is pretty indicative of well controlled sugars. I haven't been over 7 in four years.
[Reply]
Page 902 of 1013
« First < 402802852892898899900901902 9039049059069129521002 > Last »
Up