ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 852 of 1203
« First < 352752802842848849850851852 853854855856862902952 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
srvy 01:25 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Boneless chuck roast?
yes
[Reply]
srvy 01:29 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Made this last weekend but used a pork butt because I had it on hand. I'm sure it's better with beef, but I was damn happy with it.
Yes your post last week had me hooked to try. I though I had a pork butt in freezer but found the chuck roast instead. I have also seen this with chicken breast as the protein though I might go with thighs for shredding to sandwiches.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:53 PM 11-18-2018
Anyone or anyone's parents make Rumaki (bacon wrapped water chestnuts) back when it was popular? I loved them as a kid when moms made them for parties so I thought I'd try them BBQ style.

I soaked water chestnuts in soy sauce with a habanero overnight, wrapped them in bacon, put on a sweet/heat rub, threw them on the smoker and glazed them with around 15 minutes left. Like BBQ popcorn.

[Reply]
mlyonsd 04:00 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Anyone or anyone's parents make Rumaki (bacon wrapped water chestnuts) back when it was popular? I loved them as a kid when moms made them for parties so I thought I'd try them BBQ style.

I soaked water chestnuts in soy sauce with a habanero overnight, wrapped them in bacon, put on a sweet/heat rub, threw them on the smoker and glazed them with around 15 minutes left. Like BBQ popcorn.

I'll take two. Thanks.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:05 PM 11-18-2018
I do something like that with Polish Kielbasa and it is great. I guess the chestnuts are better for you with a different texture.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:06 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I'll take two. Thanks.
My plan was to make something to snack on for a couple days. They gone.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:10 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I do something like that with Polish Kielbasa and it is great. I guess the chestnuts are better for you with a different texture.
Yeah, they pick up some of the soy, but it's mostly a texture thing. I was thinking of adding/subbing something. Kielbasa could be good. I was also thinking maybe a poblano with the water chestnut, wrapped in bacon.
[Reply]
Fish 04:26 PM 11-18-2018

Hell yeah. I used to make a variation of that using thin sliced venison, a slice of onion, slice of water chestnut, all marinated in soy/brown sugar, wrapped in bacon. It was a PIA to make, but man they got absolutely destroyed coming off the grill. I didn't even know there was a name for it.

Yours look very nice.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:37 PM 11-18-2018
Doing up an easy peasy comfort dish tonight, one of my moms specialties

Par bake 6 bone-in pork chops
Pour two cans cream of mushroom soup over them
Top with two boxes of stove top stuffing and bake at 350 for 30 minutes

It literally never fails to hit the spot, gonna put a few peas on the side and get down
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:40 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Hell yeah. I used to make a variation of that using thin sliced venison, a slice of onion, slice of water chestnut, all marinated in soy/brown sugar, wrapped in bacon. It was a PIA to make, but man they got absolutely destroyed coming off the grill. I didn't even know there was a name for it.

Yours look very nice.
Oh damn, that sounds really good. Didn't even think of a thin sliced meat to add. Was your venison already cooked/cured beforehand?

Lol, I didn't know the name either. I googled it as I knew it was a known 80s and prior party treat.
[Reply]
Fish 04:47 PM 11-18-2018
Oh damn, that sounds really good. Didn't even think of a thin sliced meat to add. Was your venison already cooked/cured beforehand?

Lol, I didn't know the name either. I googled it as I knew it was a known 80s and prior party treat.
Nah, venison was uncooked going in. But it cooks very quickly when sliced thin. It soaks up the grease from the bacon and comes out just perfect.
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:51 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Doing up an easy peasy comfort dish tonight, one of my moms specialties

Par bake 6 bone-in pork chops
Pour two cans cream of mushroom soup over them
Top with two boxes of stove top stuffing and bake at 350 for 30 minutes

It literally never fails to hit the spot, gonna put a few peas on the side and get down
Interesting. Here, shake and bake oven fry pork chops, stove top Stuffing (pork), and peas.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:55 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Interesting. Here, shake and bake oven fry pork chops, stove top Stuffing (pork), and peas.
Oh yeah that works too, its been a long time since I've used shake n bake but I havent forgotten just how good it is

Its always perfectly crispy, and perfectly seasoned... need to get me some soon
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:57 PM 11-18-2018
Give that oven fry a shot - I like it
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:01 PM 11-18-2018
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Give that oven fry a shot - I like it
Definitely, always figured that was the way to go with SNB
[Reply]
Page 852 of 1203
« First < 352752802842848849850851852 853854855856862902952 > Last »