ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 853 of 3903
« First < 353753803843849850851852853 85485585685786390395313531853 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 08:10 AM 03-28-2020
Deaths won’t spike until resources are overwhelmed. So hopefully that doesn’t happen but I’m guessing the peak will be mid to end of April
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:11 AM 03-28-2020
Distilleries here making hand sanitzier.

Companies switching to masks. Including Mypillow.
[Reply]
2112 08:11 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Man that sucks, cant trust tap water? why? Older water infrastructure pipes that leak or something? Welll that would explain the run on bottled water,

We have an issue down here with the sewers built in 1920 leaking, When we get storms or long lasting rain events, they dump water that may have been contaminated into the gulf, Spending $300 million to fix it, hasn't happened in a couple of years now.
The report covered over 270 harmful chemicals found in drinking water all over the country. ... The two chemicals, Hexavalent Chromium and Perfluorooctanoic Acid (or PFOA), caused a great deal of concern among residents worried about consuming potentially contaminated water
[Reply]
wazu 08:12 AM 03-28-2020
Could be wrong, but I don't think vents, or beds, or masks, or anything physical will ultimately be the issue. The thing we can't mass-produce are qualified caregivers. They all had full-time jobs before this hit.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:13 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I guess I should have used fatality rate rather than "growth" as it seems like number of cases is just too inconstant due to testing variance. We have 6 states with deaths 95 or more, NY is 1/3rd of ALL deaths. Washington State is at 179 and they had 90 what 3 weeks ago?

The vast majority of states are seeing 1-5 deaths a day and that hasn't changed.
The systems still have capacity to accept the growth of patents, but it is not sustainable.

If you have 20,000 in savings and spend 5000 more than you make you won't notice any effects for several months. But eventually that surplus runs dry unless you change your spending.

It has never been about right now. It's really about weeks from now.
[Reply]
O.city 08:13 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Could be wrong, but I don't think vents, or beds, or masks, or anything physical will ultimately be the issue. The thing we can't mass-produce are qualified caregivers. They all had full-time jobs before this hit.
That’s another importance of the distancing and staying at home

They ain’t got time to deal with car wrecks or any other issues
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:14 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The systems still have capacity to accept the growth of patents, but it is not sustainable.

If you have 20,000 in savings and spend 5000 more than you make you won't notice any effects for several months. But eventually that surplus runs dry unless you change your spending.

It has never been about right now. It's really about weeks from now.
Makes sense.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:14 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I'm not sure about other states but in Pennsylvania it is varying widely. One day it might jump at 51% next day 40% next day 31% next day 45%.

You did attack him. He posted an article and then you accused him of only talking about negative news about the CoronaVirus. This isn't a "Only post positive news NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread" it's "NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread"

As long as news comes from a reputable source and it isn't political there's no reason anyone should be attacked for posting news related to the CoronaVirus.
No I didn't. I asked if all he does is post bad news because that's all I see him doing and suggested he take a break from it because he is clearly very emotional about it.

As far as you, you are nothing more than a shining beacon of projection. And I don't need you try and explain some set of rules to me either.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:15 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Here's some good news! eDave now has 4 boxes of Kleenex in his possession! Way to go eDave!
:-)

Yeah in the current environment, that's a solid score.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:15 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by :
A Manhattan hospital saw the number of its coronavirus patients on ventilators more than double in the past three days — and is relying on volunteer physicians to staff newly created intensive care units, its chief surgeon said Thursday.

In a memo posted on Twitter, Dr. Craig Smith also said that the pace at which patients need ventilators “exceeds the overall increase in new cases” at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center in Upper Manhattan.

“We have not exhausted our existing supply of ventilators, but if we keep doubling every three days, we might,” Smith wrote.
Woof.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:15 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I just read that NY has over 1000 spare vents right now and more on the way. :-)

I'll see if I can find the article.
I posted that last night. It was from Dr. Birx's statement on the 26th.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:17 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Especially once health care workers start getting ill , but hopefully as more get it and become immune they become primary care givers to COVID patients reducing risk to other staff.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:17 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by D2112:
The report covered over 270 harmful chemicals found in drinking water all over the country. ... The two chemicals, Hexavalent Chromium and Perfluorooctanoic Acid (or PFOA), caused a great deal of concern among residents worried about consuming potentially contaminated water
270 chemicals? :-)
[Reply]
O.city 08:18 AM 03-28-2020
Something like 30% of the cases have been health care people on the front line

That’s why they need the right equipment so badly
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:19 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
No I didn't. I asked if all he does is post bad news because that's all I see him doing and suggested he take a break from it because he is clearly very emotional about it.
You just cant help yourself. :-)
[Reply]
Page 853 of 3903
« First < 353753803843849850851852853 85485585685786390395313531853 > Last »
Up