ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>At what point did you realize that Mahomes was other-worldly?
Fat Elvis 11:34 PM 09-21-2018
For me, it was last year in a preseason game vs the Bungles. Mahomes gets flushed out of the pocket, rolls to his right, and throws a freakin' *curveball* to his receiver between three defenders.

Prior to that play, it never occurred to me that throwing a curveball with a football (let alone throwing a curveball with a baseball) on the run was even within the realm of possibility.

Mahomes making the unblocked defender miss on a naked boot and threading the needle. pic.twitter.com/26xbo3qpGH

— Ted Nguyen (@FB_FilmAnalysis) August 20, 2017

[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:34 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I liked the Tech stuff, but I was sold after last years preseason.
Titans/Bengals

Much the same for me. I loved watching him at TT but always wondered how it would translate to the NFL. It was after watching him in the 2017 preseason that I knew he was the guy.
[Reply]
Unclesam 08:35 AM 09-22-2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhF5I5rm7B0
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:37 AM 09-22-2018
The day after we lost to PIT in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:49 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This was the play that changed The Matrix.

After that, anything is possible.
Yep...
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:56 AM 09-22-2018
When I admitted I fapped to the thought him leading our offense to a forum full of (mostly) men and was not only accepted, but also told this wasn't gay. I knew then.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:34 AM 09-22-2018
He's not an NFL quarterback. The league will catch up with him soon. Then he'll bust. The Broncos will expose him in Mile High on Monday night. Chris Harris will get 3 picks and Roby will get 2 more. / Kramzitinhisrectum
[Reply]
Dayze 09:42 AM 09-22-2018
After last week at Pit

I had really liked him up to that point, but that Pitt game sealed the deal for me.

After years of looking at every game like “yeah, I could see the Chiefs winning, but I could also see them shitting their pants” (the decades old “which Chiefs team will show up today”.)..now I look at games like, “we’re winning this game”.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:00 AM 09-22-2018
That throw in the Bengals game was the first time I realized Mahohomes had potential to be really good...but I need time to see more first. When he repeated his amazing touch against the Titans I saw franchise potential. Against Denver, I finally saw superstar potential..it was his third crazy bullet under pressure that showed supernatural anticipation...and proved the others weren't a fluke.

When he came out in Pittsburgh after halftime and they had all the momentum and tied the game...then drove the opening drive for a beautiful TD, I knew he could be possibly generational. That was Montana-esque...just unaffected by another teams momentum and cool/relaxed under pressure. That was the "It" factor for me...killing it when the stakes are high. There wasn't any real pressure on him in the preseason/Denver...the losses didn't matter.

QBs starting their 3rd game just dont look like this...I've never seen one this poised, this early. That's the crazy part...he's just going to get better.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:00 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I liked the Tech stuff, but I was sold after last years preseason.
Titans/Bengals
This

He displayed everything you could possibly wanna see in those two games
[Reply]
Sofa King 10:04 AM 09-22-2018
The one where he breaks a tackle (sack) against the Broncos and throws a dart across the middle of the field to Albert Wilson off his back foot.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:18 AM 09-22-2018
Actually I think last week was when I realized this guy could be great. He showed off the physical tools but he straight up murdered the Steelers gameplan.

Then hearing about Arians draft story sealed it.

Being smart is going to help him a long time and extend his playing years at the end.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:39 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The game that convinced me Pat could play very well at the NFL level was against LSU. That defense had about 10 NFL guys and Pat had almost no help on his side of the ball. Pat's NFL Left Tackle got absolutely destroyed in the pass rush by LSU's Arden Key.

As a result of the fact Tech's OL got manhandled by LSU, Mahomes was pulling miracles scrambling around throwing across his body to convert 3rd downs, etc. Keep in mind this was after the TCU knee injury earlier in the same season, which makes his scrambling in this LSU game even more remarkable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4rGwPzAnbo
That shows amazing pocket presence. It's very much like Aaron Rodgers.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:45 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We couldn't have got all the way up to #1/#2 so we should as Chief fans be grateful this "gunslinger" fell to us at #10. :-)
Yes we could have
[Reply]
Lzen 10:48 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
When I admitted I fapped to the thought him leading our offense to a forum full of (mostly) men and was not only accepted, but also told this wasn't gay. I knew then.
Actually, that is very gay. Apparently, we have a lot a homos around here.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:49 AM 09-22-2018
When I started looking at his Tech tape and wondering how the hell ANYONE was grading him as anything other than a high first rounder.

He made throws I've never seen.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up