ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 23
« First < 91516171819 20212223 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets trade up to #3
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:52 AM 03-17-2018

Huge trade: Jets acquired No. 3 overall pick from Colts for No. 6 overall pick, 37th overall pick, 49th overall pick and our 2019 2nd round pick.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 17, 2018

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:17 AM 03-19-2018
Lulz. There isn't a QB worthy of that. Fuck.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:24 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The Jets are trying to move up to 1, per dan Patrick. Already called and are negotiating.
Holy shit, if true.

The amount of draft capital they would have to give up to go from 3 to 1, on top of what they already gave up to go to 3 from 6.

You better be drafting Peyton ****ing Manning for that price. No QB in this draft is worth giving up that much for.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:01 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The Jets are trying to move up to 1, per dan Patrick. Already called and are negotiating.
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I thought it was reported they tried but decided to go to 3?
I thought it was what Sauto said.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:09 AM 03-19-2018
They aren't moving to 1
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:12 AM 03-19-2018
The Jets? My theory is that they're trying to get above the Broncos to draft that guard.
[Reply]
Shields68 10:40 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
RB at 1. Laughable. He doesn't do anything 3rd rounders like Hunt and Kuhmara can't do. Does anyone on this board think he's better than Hunt? I doubt it. Equal maybe but two rounds better. Not a chance.
He is better then Hunt. Now is the fall off between Barkley and a 2nd round RB (Guice Kerryon Chubb) enough to grab him at 1 or 4 rather then a QB and/or top defensive player is the question. Because the Browns can get a very good starting RB in the 2nd/3rd can't say that about a lot of positions. Really bringing in Hyde and having Duke Jr. the Browns are better at RB then most any other position.

Really think the Browns end up trading down with one of their picks. Grabbing a QB with one and getting multiple 1st rounders for the other. Rb's have such a short shelf life and now without Thomas left tackle/line is a position that needs addressed. But Bo in his prime is a scary thought. Hell it would be a safe bet the Jets grab the wrong guy so getting multiple 1's to move down 2 spots maybe a great play.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:47 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Shields68:
He is better then Hunt. Now is the fall off between Barkley and a 2nd round RB (Guice Kerryon Chubb) enough to grab him at 1 or 4 rather then a QB and/or top defensive player is the question. Because the Browns can get a very good starting RB in the 2nd/3rd can't say that about a lot of positions. Really bringing in Hyde and having Duke Jr. the Browns are better at RB then most any other position.

Really think the Browns end up trading down with one of their picks. Grabbing a QB with one and getting multiple 1st rounders for the other. Rb's have such a short shelf life and now without Thomas left tackle/line is a position that needs addressed. But Bo in his prime is a scary thought. Hell it would be a safe bet the Jets grab the wrong guy so getting multiple 1's to move down 2 spots maybe a great play.
How is Barkley out right better than Hunt? Can Hunt catch, hell yes. Can Hunt break tackles, hell yes. Can Hunt block, hell yes. Can Hunt evade defenders and stiff arm, hell yes. Can Hunt run 50 yard tds, hell yes.

What exactly is Barkley so much better at besides the under wear olympics?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:52 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
How is Barkley out right better than Hunt? Can Hunt catch, hell yes. Can Hunt break tackles, hell yes. Can Hunt block, hell yes. Can Hunt evade defenders and stiff arm, hell yes. Can Hunt run 50 yard tds, hell yes.

What exactly is Barkley so much better at besides the under wear olympics?
holy shit
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:52 AM 03-19-2018
Eh, I’ve heard they’ve got their eyes on Blair Thomas.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:38 PM 03-19-2018
Look, I love me some Kareem Hunt, but trying to make the argument he’s as good and as talented as Barkley? I just don’t see it. If you offered me either one right now, same contracts, same theoretical situation, I’m taking Barkley every day and twice on Sunday. No, there’s no guarantees and he could sustain a serious injury or something, but he’s as close to a sure thing since Bo Jackson at RB. He’s that good.

We’ll see, I guess . . . .

And FTR, Hunt has a a LOT to work on with his blocking. His pass protection ‘skills’ got exposed several times last year and put the Chiefs in a hole. Luckily, that’s something he can work on and be taught.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:47 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Eh, I’ve heard they’ve got their eyes on Blair Thomas.
A can't miss prospect if there ever was one.
[Reply]
Eureka 01:02 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Price #Dolphins paid to move from 12 to 3 in 2013:

42nd overall pick

Price #Jets paid to move from 6 to 3 in 2018:

37th pick + 49th pick + 2019 2nd-round pick
No QB worth trading for in that Horrible draft class. Miami traded to get Dieon Jordan (DE) at #3 and Raiders drafted a CB & LT with traded picks. None of those players are on their respective team anymore. Best player drafted high that year was Richard Sheildon at 12 or 13.

This draft is much different.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:08 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Eureka:
No QB worth trading for in that Horrible draft class. Miami traded to get Dieon Jordan (DE) at #3 and Raiders drafted a CB & LT with traded picks. None of those players are on their respective team anymore. Best player drafted high that year was Richard Sheildon at 12 or 13.

This draft is much different.
Look at the 2013 draft. Is it possible that Travis Kelce would be the #1 pick in a redraft?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NFL_Draft
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:10 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Look at the 2013 draft. Is it possible that Travis Kelce would be the #1 pick in a redraft?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NFL_Draft
Hopkins.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:11 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I thought it was reported they tried but decided to go to 3?
Nope.

DP clearly said this AM that they are still trying to get to 1.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 23
« First < 91516171819 20212223 >
Up