ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 23
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets trade up to #3
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:52 AM 03-17-2018

Huge trade: Jets acquired No. 3 overall pick from Colts for No. 6 overall pick, 37th overall pick, 49th overall pick and our 2019 2nd round pick.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 17, 2018

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:46 PM 03-17-2018
Hilarious that the biggest winner of the trade is Cleveland. Either have the elite prospect of your choosing that's not a QB fall into your lap at 4, or have teams that want to jump Denver for a QB knocking your door down to give you more draft picks.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:48 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Oh. Sorry, I got my hot messes confused.

LOL ! I win!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:57 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Move up for who? They aren’t moving up to 5 to get a QB unless they are moving up for Mayfield. Any team spending draft capital to move up for that overrated dipshit gets what it deserves.

You don’t think they traded up for a QB? I’m not their GM so I have no idea which QB they want but I’m willing to bet that he won’t be available at 12.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:06 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
You don’t think they traded up for a QB? I’m not their GM so I have no idea which QB they want but I’m willing to bet that he won’t be available at 12.
I'm really curious now who they're after, because they must be confident that he'll be there at 3.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:07 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm really curious now who they're after, because they must be confident that he'll be there at 3.
Might just be that they wanted to make absolutely sure they got one of the 3 QBs.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:07 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Like I said, if they are moving up to 5 for a QB, the only QB who might be available is Baker Mayfield. I doubt any team is giving up a “haul” of draft picks to draft Johnny Manziel II: Electric Douchealoo. If they would make that move, then they are stupid as hell and deserve to suck for the next 10 years.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 05:32 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Like I said, if they are moving up to 5 for a QB, the only QB who might be available is Baker Mayfield. I doubt any team is giving up a “haul” of draft picks to draft Johnny Manziel II: Electric Douchealoo. If they would make that move, then they are stupid as hell and deserve to suck for the next 10 years.
Allen could also be available
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:34 PM 03-17-2018
Mayfield already has a TV show coming out about his process leading up to the draft...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:37 PM 03-17-2018
"our second round pick"?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:38 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I only know one Giants fan, and he's pounding the table for a rookie QB.

If you aren’t drafting a QB in the first 5 picks this year then you trade down to get the best value. If the Giants aren’t going to draft a QB then they should trade down.

The Jets overpaid to move up & the Bills will too.

[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 05:40 PM 03-17-2018
I have zero issue with what the Jets are doing. They’ve identified a couple QBs they like and will get one. Little rich to go up 3 spots. I’m tickled to death with KCs deal from last year considering they went up a whopping 17 spots. These bold trade ups I don’t mind because you need a QB.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:44 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Mayfield already has a TV show coming out about his process leading up to the draft...
I be Mayfield gets mad puss. Like U2.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:45 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
I have zero issue with what the Jets are doing. They’ve identified a couple QBs they like and will get one. Little rich to go up 3 spots. I’m tickled to death with KCs deal from last year considering they went up a whopping 17 spots. These bold trade ups I don’t mind because you need a QB.
Agreed.

However, I’ve saw some stuff today and it almost sounds like they moved up for Josh Allen. With my opinion of Allen being as low as it is, it makes me scratch my head much more.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:52 PM 03-17-2018
Agreed.

However, I’ve saw some stuff today and it almost sounds like they moved up for Josh Allen. With my opinion of Allen being as low as it is, it makes me scratch my head much more.
Seriously? That's just dumb.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:09 PM 03-17-2018
Agreed.

If I was a Bills fan, I wouldn’t be a huge fan of the Bills paying ANYTHING to get to that #2 pick. Maybe the guy(s) who are available at 12 aren't that much below the guys taken at #2 or #3. I mean, there have been guys taken in the top 5 at QB who were thought to be almost sure things that were busts...and guys that were 'reached' for that had flaws that turned out pretty good.

What if (in reality) the first QB taken has say a 80% chance of being a star, the second guy has a 70% chance, the third guy a 50% chance, and the 4th and 5th guys a 20% chance. “IF” that is the case (and it seems like that is what a lot of drafted QB's turn out to be), then I'd WANT the first guy rather have the 4th or 5th guy.

For all we know, the Bills may be in an all-or-nothing mode for THEIR guy that they have identified......OR....they may think they can turn ANY of their top 5 rated guys into what they want and don't have much of a preference.

Only the Bills GM knows for sure.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 23
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up