ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 258 of 319
« First < 158208248254255256257258 259260261262268308 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
O.city 07:46 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because it's not really talking.

It's straight up worrying in some cases and a whole lot of complaining for others.

The constant negativity gets tiresome. It was much easier to understand when the team was 2-14 and guys were offing themselves in the parking lot.

It's really, really hard to understand it happening at this point in our fandom, when things are better than they've possibly every been, including the great teams of the late 60's.
I dunno people are dumb I guess
[Reply]
staylor26 07:47 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Constantly having to trade high draft picks to fill big holes while also having to hand out large contracts on a team that will likely be up against the cap most years probably isn’t ideal. It’s probably also a sign you’re not doing a good enough job in the draft. Sometimes you can’t help it if you have to fill a need, but if that’s the plan just a couple of years after trading a 1st and 2nd for a DE that will likely need to be released after this year due to cap constraints I’m not so sure that’s a good trend.
Yea clearly the Chiefs “aren’t doing a good enough job in the draft”

:-)

You were doing alright there for a while, but this screams passive aggressive. Go ahead and be a whiny bitch again so I can tell you what a fucking moron you are.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:48 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
when you're picking #31 or #32, you do what you have to do to stay on top for as long as you can.

and if we move on from Clark it's due to him not performing up to the contract, not because we can't afford him. We're in fine cap shape.
I'd say it's a combination of cap room and performance, and it's all relative. You can afford him at $25 million a year if he's putting up all-pro seasons, not so much when he's not performing at that level and his salary is preventing you from spending money elsewhere on the DL.

And on that note, as much as many are panicking about left tackle (where I'm confident we'll address it one way or another) defensive end is almost as big of a need. I wish we could find a vet FA left tackle to be a stopgap so we could use that 1st on a pass rusher if one is available.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:48 PM 03-18-2021
What does that have to do with anything I said? I referenced the trend of trading high picks for expensive veterans and losing the opportunity cost of a rookie on a 5-year contract.

Are you on your period or something?
We're not picking top ten anytime soon.

The sure-fire blue chip draft talent is in the first third to first half of the first round.

The only other ways to get players like that at positions like DE, LT, or QB (at least we don't have to worry about that) is to trade for them off of other teams' rosters or pay them at market price in FA.

It is what it is. It's just the reality of being a SB contender every year.

OR you can draft the best guy that's available to you and hope you hit.

I mean that's it.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:50 PM 03-18-2021
What does that have to do with anything I said? I referenced the trend of trading high picks for expensive veterans and losing the opportunity cost of a rookie on a 5-year contract.

Are you on your period or something?
We’ve done that exactly 1 time.

Doing it a 2nd time because we unfortunately lost both of our T’s in the same year isn’t a trend.

These kind of made up rules that people have are so fucking silly. You guys look at everything in a vacuum. Every year, situation, and move is different and unique.

If the Chiefs can get a franchise LT by only giving up 31 and a future day 2 pick, you do it. It’s not like Veach is going to all of a sudden not be able to find talent in rounds 2-7.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:52 PM 03-18-2021
I'd say it's a combination of cap room and performance, and it's all relative. You can afford him at $25 million a year if he's putting up all-pro seasons, not so much when he's not performing at that level and his salary is preventing you from spending money elsewhere on the DL.

And on that note, as much as many are panicking about left tackle (where I'm confident we'll address it one way or another) defensive end is almost as big of a need. I wish we could find a vet FA left tackle to be a stopgap so we could use that 1st on a pass rusher if one is available.
I don't disagree with any of that.

personally, I would prefer a vet stop-gap ala Reiff, Okung, or Villanueva paired with a 2nd or 3rd round pick like Walker Little or Dillon Radunz. I would prefer to go DE in the 1st, and if you have a vet that can give you decent LT play for a year, then you're in good shape moving forward if you drafted well.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:53 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea clearly the Chiefs aren’t doing a good enough job in the draft”

You were doing alright there for a while, but this screams passive aggressive. Go ahead and be a whiny bitch again so I can tell you what a ****ing moron you are.
I'm not being passive aggressive, and I'm not really whining. Point blank, I simply don't think we've done well enough in the draft at a lot of positions, whether you agree or not I don't really care. Maybe it's a bit of an overreaction to the Super Bowl, but at the end of the day when I compare the KC roster to that of TB I don't see that many position groups where I would take our guys over theirs. Certainly at QB, TE, and I guess RB, but when I look at the rest of the position groups I'm probably taking what TB has to offer over what KC has.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:56 PM 03-18-2021
Here's what irritates the hell out of me.

It's the first few days of free agency, we took a huge swing and hit with an All-Pro OG in his prime. We took another huge swing on a HOF caliber LT and missed.

And now Veach is an idiot and Mahomes is going to die.

Chill the fuck out. Let's wait and see. I guarantee you Veach has several irons in the fire, is talking to agents and other teams constantly, and we'll have a solution that makes sense for 2021 and probably also lays groundwork for the next several years.

Because I think he's proven he's pretty good at his job.

Call me crazy.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:57 PM 03-18-2021
I'm not being passive-aggressive, and I'm not really whining. Point blank, I simply don't think we've done well enough in the draft at a lot of positions, whether you agree or not I don't really care. Maybe it's a bit of an overreaction to the Super Bowl, but at the end of the day when I compare the KC roster to that of TB, I don't see that many position groups where I would take our guys over theirs. Certainly at QB, TE, and I guess RB, but when I look at the rest of the position groups I'm probably taking what TB has to offer over what KC has.
WOW, dude you are digging yourself a bigger hole. They have been drafting at the top of the draft in every fucking round for a decade. No wonder they might have better talent scattered throughout the team.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:58 PM 03-18-2021
I'm not being passive aggressive, and I'm not really whining. Point blank, I simply don't think we've done well enough in the draft at a lot of positions, whether you agree or not I don't really care. Maybe it's a bit of an overreaction to the Super Bowl, but at the end of the day when I compare the KC roster to that of TB I don't see that many position groups where I would take our guys over theirs. Certainly at QB, TE, and I guess RB, but when I look at the rest of the position groups I'm probably taking what TB has to offer over what KC has.

“I’m not whining”

Then proceeds to bitch because the Chiefs didn’t win back to back SB’s and claim they “aren’t drafting well enough” when anybody that has a fucking clue about the draft knows the Chiefs have been one of the best drafting teams, if not the best, over the last decade.

Where did the Bucs draft Wirfs? White? Evans? Vea? You’re so dumb that you don’t even know the difference between building a team with top 15 picks versus picking 25-32 every year.

If the Bucs are SO much better than the Chiefs at drafting, why did they need to rent a 43 y/o future HOF QB to even have a CHANCE to be a playoff team?

What a fucking moron. The last few days have really separated the idiots that like BossChief says need to “sit at the kids table” when us adults are talking football.
[Reply]
O.city 07:59 PM 03-18-2021
I don't disagree with any of that.

personally, I would prefer a vet stop-gap ala Reiff, Okung, or Villanueva paired with a 2nd or 3rd round pick like Walker Little or Dillon Radunz. I would prefer to go DE in the 1st, and if you have a vet that can give you decent LT play for a year, then you're in good shape moving forward if you drafted well.
I’d go the other way and stopgap the de spot with a few pieces and get a long term answer at LT but I agree

I’m just having fun talking thru this stuff I enjoy this time of year
[Reply]
-King- 08:00 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because it's not really talking.

It's straight up worrying in some cases and a whole lot of complaining for others.

The constant negativity gets tiresome. It was much easier to understand when the team was 2-14 and guys were offing themselves in the parking lot.

It's really, really hard to understand it happening at this point in our fandom, when things are better than they've possibly every been, including the great teams of the late 60's.
It's not constant negativity. Let's be honest, that's all you pay attention to. Just like you used to skip over all the posts saying good stuff in game threads to address trolls and anyone saying anything negative.

Everyone was happy about the Thuney signing and when we were going after Williams. I don't think it's unfair to be unhappy that now we're bringing back Reiter (Im not upset at that move), hoping a player who fucked up his neck and has played only 30 games in 5 years can start at guard and hoping Remmers repeats his play at RT from last season. And that's not to even mention we have no LT right now. A lot of people would have laughed at the Raiders if they signed Long but now that's shifted to "HeY NoThinG WronG wiTh ComPetiTion. He Was in The ProBowl 5 yEarS aGo!" And anyone who hates the move is called a dumbass and hater.
[Reply]
-King- 08:02 PM 03-18-2021
Here's what irritates the hell out of me.

It's the first few days of free agency, we took a huge swing and hit with an All-Pro OG in his prime. We took another huge swing on a HOF caliber LT and missed.

And now Veach is an idiot and Mahomes is going to die.

Chill the fuck out. Let's wait and see. I guarantee you Veach has several irons in the fire, is talking to agents and other teams constantly, and we'll have a solution that makes sense for 2021 and probably also lays groundwork for the next several years.

Because I think he's proven he's pretty good at his job.

Call me crazy.
Who has called Veach an idiot? YOU guys are the one pushing that narrative. You can disagree with moves but still like Veach as a GM.
[Reply]
O.city 08:02 PM 03-18-2021
Remmers isn’t the right tackle
[Reply]
Phsb2008 08:06 PM 03-18-2021
Dunno if it's a repost

That said, there is a great article about Niang in the Athletic this month. It is behind a paywall, so I will quote it liberally for you.

Niang nodded in agreement and smiled. The scene on Nov. 20, yt link ommited, showcased Niang’s training and progress after he opted out of last season amid the coronavirus pandemic. While the Chiefs that day were conducting their final practice before playing a rematch against the Las Vegas Raiders, Niang was on a field with Yarris in New Canaan, Conn., his hometown, to refine his pass-protection techniques.

Since the middle of September, about five weeks after he elected to opt out, Niang has worked out with Yarris four days each week. Each session has Niang exert himself and polish his technique through at least 200 repetitions. But Yarris doesn’t consider himself a traditional trainer.

“I’m a behavior scientist,” said Yarris, the CEO of BX Movement, a behavior analysis and fitness company. “I teach technique and movement as behaviors. My goal with Lucas isn’t to make him the fastest, strongest and biggest. It’s to specify what the Chiefs want from him and then help him integrate that into his natural response pattern.”

Working most of the time as the right tackle, Niang has improved his hand placement when engaging a pass rusher and has more counter moves when reacting to the various pass-rushing moves. Niang relayed the information, terminology and movement patterns he learned from offensive line assistant Andy Heck to Yarris, who had the task of reinforcing the Chiefs’ coaching during their sessions. During one YouTube video, when Yarris used the long arm, a famous pass-rush move, he explained that the Chiefs want Niang and the rest of their tackles to lift the defender’s arm up and off his body so he can regain leverage. Yarris said he has seven more workout videos to post on YouTube, including the run-game footwork that Heck has taught Niang.

The end of each session is the same, with Niang starting at the 1-yard line. Yarris puts Niang through a hurry-up-offense drill. After each repetition, which moves Niang closer to the desired goal line, Yarris will have him split time at both tackle positions. Yarris is optimistic that Niang, who was selected by the Chiefs in the third round of last year’s draft, will perform well in whatever his role is next season and be a pivotal part of the offensive line’s long-term future.

“If he doesn’t start next year, he wants to be the first tackle off the bench,” Yarris said of Niang, who declined an interview request. “We always keep the left tackle (techniques) fresh.”
[Reply]
Page 258 of 319
« First < 158208248254255256257258 259260261262268308 > Last »
Up