ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Media Center>Tarantino: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
scho63 12:10 PM 11-30-2019
I watched this yesterday and I'm still not sure what to make of it. Still processing everything and I may watch it a second time just to capture anything I might have missed first go around. He did however get in the "hot feet" scene with Margaret Qualley sticking her dirty feet all over the windshield.

Did I love it? Absolutely not

Did I hate it? Absolutely not

It was very strange in so many ways and unlike all the of the Tarantino movies I've seen.

I need to take a pass on rating it for the moment.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:18 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
I watched this yesterday and I'm still not sure what to make of it. Still processing everything and I may watch it a second time just to capture anything I might have missed first go around. He did however get in the "hot feet" scene with Margaret Qualley sticking her dirty feet all over the windshield.

It was very strange in so many ways and unlike all the of the Tarantino movies I've seen.

I think that's a wise take.

I was scrupulous in avoiding being spoiled until I watched it.

There were many things I kind of expected, that I really really liked. There were many things that were unexpected that I didn't like as much, but as time passes I think I didn't like them as much because I didn't expect them, . . . and perhaps expected something else, perhaps more than them not being good ideas or excellent scenes.

I certainly have thought about it a lot, and that is promising. There is a lot to chew on, . . . far more than you register in the moment.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:27 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
There were many things I kind of expected, that I really really liked. There were many things that were unexpected that I didn't like as much, but as time passes I think I didn't like them as much because I didn't expect them, . . . and perhaps expected something else, perhaps more than them not being good ideas or excellent scenes.
Expanding on this, without overly spoiling until I'm sure we're in a spoiler space for this film . . . The most controversial unexpected development [we know the one], I wasn't on board with the execution of it as I watched, . . . but after a bit and thinking on the statement it was making, I'm nearly gobsmacked in the elegiac nature of the attempt. The portent of that, and what came after [both in the film and the imagination] nearly chokes me up reflecting on it. And once I got past the moment of experiencing it, I'm starting to come around on the execution as well.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:00 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:

Margot Robbie in the theater as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:56 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
He’s had a thing for feet in several of his movies.
[Reply]
scho63 03:22 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
:-) How did I miss that?

See I do need to rewatch.
[Reply]
Iconic 05:43 PM 11-30-2019
I disliked it right up until the car scene where the Tate murder stuff began. Everything before that was just weird... and some of it just flat out made me uncomfortable.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:00 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
I disliked it right up until the car scene where the Tate murder stuff began. Everything before that was just weird... and some of it just flat out made me uncomfortable.
seemed like a pretty standard Tarantino movie to me. His movies are weird. What exactly was “weirder” to you about this one?
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:35 PM 12-20-2019
Finally got around to this today, wow... just loved everything about it, it leapt to my #1 Tarantino movie of all time in a single bound

It all resonates so perfectly for me, he ties together so many different strands and themes... the Manson murders as a vehicle to tell a modern fictional western, the always spot on dialogue, the music, the nostalgia

It was a genuine trip, blew off several phone calls because I didn’t wanna pause it... gonna watch it again tomorrow
[Reply]
banecat 10:21 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Finally got around to this today, wow... just loved everything about it, it leapt to my #1 Tarantino movie of all time in a single bound

It all resonates so perfectly for me, he ties together so many different strands and themes... the Manson murders as a vehicle to tell a modern fictional western, the always spot on dialogue, the music, the nostalgia

It was a genuine trip, blew off several phone calls because I didn’t wanna pause it... gonna watch it again tomorrow
That f**king ending. I think that it's one of his best works
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:40 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
That f**king ending. I think that it's one of his best works
It’s a damn shame that ending didn’t happen in real life

But yeah it’s such an impressive piece of work from a master at the top of his game
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:23 AM 12-21-2019
Same with Basterds. Nobody does “endings that we all wish were real” better than QT.
[Reply]
banecat 06:16 PM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Same with Basterds. Nobody does “endings that we all wish were real” better than QT.
This
[Reply]
banecat 06:15 PM 12-21-2019

But yeah it’s such an impressive piece of work from a master at the top of his game
Or Roman could've been home, and have been the only victim. I could've lived with that piece of shit dying
[Reply]
BWillie 03:33 PM 12-21-2019
I want a gif of Leonardi Dicaprio yelling at hippies in a robe with a frozen margarita in a blender.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Up