ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 425 of 2694
« First < 325375415421422423424425 4264274284294354755259251425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
penbrook 09:41 AM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Mahomes was ahead of Bray today in practice. Looks like he's been promoted.
He also took his favorite receiver Marcus Kemp with him to the second team. Conley had a real nice day. Chris jones back practicing
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:07 AM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Translation: Maybe Mahomes will be as good as Sloter?
Who the fuck is Sloter? Is he some shitfuck Elway picked up that Knowmo now thinks is the savior of the Donk QBs?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:14 AM 08-13-2017
Mahomes move from 3rd to 2nd. One more guy to pass and it's on!
[Reply]
Fish 10:15 AM 08-13-2017
He sure as hell didn't look like a guy who needs to sit on the bench for two seasons. That debate should die out by the end of preseason...
[Reply]
milkman 10:18 AM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
He sure as hell didn't look like a guy who needs to sit on the bench for two seasons. That debate should die out by the end of preseason...
The debate on whether Alex Smith is anything more than a mediocre game manager should have ended two years ago.....
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:23 AM 08-13-2017
Limited snaps in preseason against vanilla defenses won't prove that he's ready to make pre-snap reads, make line adjustments and know where to put the ball by looking at the opposing defensive alignment.

I'm not concerned whatsoever with his ability to learn the playbook but until he can walk up under center and read the defense without thinking about the offense, he'll need to sit and learn.

I don't understand why so many people are intent on rushing him.
[Reply]
Fish 10:28 AM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Limited snaps in preseason against vanilla defense won't prove that he's ready to make pre-snap reads, make line adjustments and know where to put the ball by looking at the opposing defensive alignment.

I'm not concerned whatsoever with his ability to learn the playbook but until he can walk up under center and read the defense without thinking about the offense, he'll need to sit and learn.

Those limited snaps were enough for the Chiefs to start running him with the 2nd team instead of Bray. Guess you'll have to ask them...
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:31 AM 08-13-2017
Those limited snaps were enough for the Chiefs to start running him with the 2nd team instead of Bray. Guess you'll have to ask them...
One season. He gets one season on the bench. Then after beating it senseless, we crack open the Alex Smith piņata and let his salary cap candy spurt out from his innards.
[Reply]
Fish 10:34 AM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
One season. He gets one season on the bench. Then after beating it senseless, we crack open the Alex Smith piņata and let his salary cap candy spurt out from his innards.

[Reply]
Rasputin 10:37 AM 08-13-2017
Limited snaps in preseason against vanilla defenses won't prove that he's ready to make pre-snap reads, make line adjustments and know where to put the ball by looking at the opposing defensive alignment.

Keep underestimating and doubting Patrick Mahomes II

He can't prove himself being a third string and not getting reps with the ones and twos so that would waste an entire year with him that he needs practice not sitting so that he can get coaches valuable coaching instructions and critique and what ever coaches do that coach up a player. He doesn't get that from watching Alex or Bray in practice he gets that from when he is practicing and you are suggesting holding back his talents that he could gain valuable experience this year with.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:39 AM 08-13-2017
Well, come on man, there's no doubt that Mahomes is far more talented and a far more natural QB than Bray.

That shouldn't even be a part of the conversation.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:40 AM 08-13-2017
Well, come on man, there's no doubt that Mahomes is far more talented and a far more natural QB than Bray.

Then why hold him back from being #2 quarterback?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:41 AM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Keep underestimating and doubting Patrick Mahomes II .
Cut the fucking shit, motherfucker.

I wanted Mahomes for the Chiefs FAR before anyone else wanted him here and long before all of the bandwagon fans.

The fact of the matter is that he is RAW. The talent is there, the smarts, the athleticism - everything you'd want in a Franchise QB.

EXCEPT, experience in a Pro Style offense.

He'll get there for sure but it isn't going to happen 3 weeks into his first training camp.

JFC.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:44 AM 08-13-2017
Cut the fucking shit, motherfucker.

I wanted Mahomes for the Chiefs FAR before anyone else wanted him here and long before all of the bandwagon fans.

The fact of the matter is that he is RAW. The talent is there, the smarts, the athleticism - everything you'd want in a Franchise QB.

EXCEPT, experience in a Pro Style offense.

He'll get there for sure but it isn't going to happen 3 weeks into his first training camp.

JFC.
Then by all fucking means give him the experience in fucking God fucking practice with the twos where he can get the coaches instructions so he can learn it Mother Fucker. Quick holding him back.

JFC

He needs the experience so give it to him. How hard is that to grasp and understand?
[Reply]
Fish 10:44 AM 08-13-2017

Oh, I think it was part of the conversation, considering how many were saying Mahomes probably shouldn't even get on the field this year if Smith goes down. Face it, the kid is showing to be much more polished than you and others have given him credit for. I have a feeling the rest of preseason is going to reinforce that...
[Reply]
Page 425 of 2694
« First < 325375415421422423424425 4264274284294354755259251425 > Last »
Up