ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Culver's is wildly underrated. Coastal bias?
carcosa 10:57 AM 11-14-2017
Can we discuss this? Culver's has perhaps the best fast food burger in the country, but I never hear it get the hype that other semi-regional chains like In-n-Out (west coast) and Shake Shack (east coast) do. They also have excellent onion rings, amazing cheese curds, proprietary root beer, and of course the frozen custard.

Look, In-n-Out burgers are great. Shake Shack burgers are fine, too. But ButterBurgers blow 'em both out of the water, if you ask me. Tastes fresh and feels good. I think this is another instance of the freaking lamestream media on the left coast and freaking big city fat cats in "Poo York Shitty" not giving a hardworking midwestern brand its due.

Please share your thoughts and any Culver's experiences you've had.

Thanks.
[Reply]
splatbass 01:03 PM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
The three best burger places I ever ate at:

Bullshead in San Franciso
https://www.bullsheadsf.com/

Clarke's Charcoal Broiler Mountain View CA
https://www.clarkes.com/

Foster's Grille several in No Virginia and some in FL
https://www.fostersgrille.com/locations/

I'm also a fan of Fuddruckers
I liked Clarke's Charcoal Broiler when I lived in Sunnyvale 30 years ago. Glad to hear it is still going and still good. I was briefly in Sunnyvale in June, but only had time to eat at one place and I chose Togo's - not a hamburger joint, but the best hot pastrami sandwiches around.

I don't remember Foster's Grille when I lived in No. Va., but it was a long time ago.

Fuddruckers is pretty good too.
[Reply]
scho63 05:25 PM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by splatbass:
I liked Clarke's Charcoal Broiler when I lived in Sunnyvale 30 years ago. Glad to hear it is still going and still good. I was briefly in Sunnyvale in June, but only had time to eat at one place and I chose Togo's - not a hamburger joint, but the best hot pastrami sandwiches around.

I don't remember Foster's Grille when I lived in No. Va., but it was a long time ago.

Fuddruckers is pretty good too.
My brother lives in Roseville and everytime he takes a trip to the Bay Area, he grabs a burger at Clarkes.

Foster's Grille is relatively new and I just saw that the location I went to all the time in Herndon just shut down. I was going to stop in Dec when I back in the DC area for a few days.

Togo is not bad but I am spoiled rotten for Pastrami and Corned Beef from Katz's deli in New York City, and Chompies here in Scottsdale does it pretty damn good.
[Reply]
splatbass 05:36 PM 11-17-2017
My brother lives in Roseville and everytime he takes a trip to the Bay Area, he grabs a burger at Clarkes.

Foster's Grille is relatively new and I just saw that the location I went to all the time in Herndon just shut down. I was going to stop in Dec when I back in the DC area for a few days.

Togo is not bad but I am spoiled rotten for Pastrami and Corned Beef from Katz's deli in New York City, and Chompies here in Scottsdale does it pretty damn good.
I lived in Leesburg in the early 90s and worked in the Reston/Herndon area. That place has changed so much in 25 years that most of the places I liked to eat at are long gone. Don’t even recognize the place anymore. Leesburg was a sleepy small town then.
[Reply]
scho63 05:43 PM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by splatbass:
I lived in Leesburg in the early 90s and worked in the Reston/Herndon area. That place has changed so much in 25 years that most of the places I liked to eat at are long gone. Don’t even recognize the place anymore. Leesburg was a sleepy small town then.
25 years is a long time.....I've bet you changed a lot too......:-)

When was the last time you were in town?
[Reply]
splatbass 05:58 PM 11-17-2017
25 years is a long time.....I've bet you changed a lot too......:-)

When was the last time you were in town?

More weight and less hair. :-)

The last time I was there was about 5 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:36 PM 11-17-2017
Culvers after the play tonight.
[Reply]
scho63 09:32 PM 11-17-2017
I think Culver's picked up another 25-30 new customers from this thread!
[Reply]
carcosa 10:17 AM 02-05-2018
I think Culver's picked up another 25-30 new customers from this thread!
Excellent!!! I hope everybody enjoyed the food , thanks
[Reply]
bevischief 11:00 AM 02-05-2018
Simply Red is the man.
[Reply]
banecat 02:41 PM 02-05-2018
They have really good food. And a great variety to offer. The prices aren't bad. But I steer clear of the place in fear of their help. It's like the children of the corn in there with Stepford Wives running it. The cult like atmosphere is too much to go through the drive through even. The glazed over eyes with the monotone voices scare the hell right out of me. Freddy's is starting to turn as well I hear
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:58 PM 02-05-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
They have really good food. And a great variety to offer. The prices aren't bad. But I steer clear of the place in fear of their help. It's like the children of the corn in there with Stepford Wives running it. The cult like atmosphere is too much to go through the drive through even. The glazed over eyes with the monotone voices scare the hell right out of me. Freddy's is starting to turn as well I hear
I am ready for machines to take over the fast food industry.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:07 PM 02-05-2018
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I am ready for machines to take over the fast food industry.
Return of the Automat!!
[Reply]
carcosa 03:55 PM 02-05-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
They seem nice
[Reply]
banecat 04:20 PM 02-05-2018
Originally Posted by carcosa:
They seem nice
I agree. I just noticed it. I'm not sure of how to get to the bottom of it is all
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:20 PM 02-06-2018
Used to love it. Just ate there today and for the second time in a row my burger was just meh. Probably wont go back.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Up