ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Media Center>Joker - Warner Bros. movie
listopencil 10:38 PM 10-10-2019
I enjoyed the film. Not what I would consider a 'must see' but it's worth a rental. It did have one of the funniest knock knock jokes that I've heard in quite a while but I'm kind of a sick puppy with my taste in humor.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:31 PM 10-11-2019
So I didnt enjoy the movie. Its not a movie that is enjoyable. Its fascinating? Maybe thats a better word but its a very sad dark film thats main purpose is to spread awareness of self pity and mental illness...and kind of championing it?
[Reply]
-King- 12:23 AM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So I didnt enjoy the movie. Its not a movie that is enjoyable. Its fascinating? Maybe thats a better word but its a very sad dark film thats main purpose is to spread awareness of self pity and mental illness...and kind of championing it?
I don't think that was the main purpose. They just wanted to tell a story
[Reply]
FanXiche 08:17 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
They just wanted to tell a story
Do you think that was their main purpose?
[Reply]
-King- 06:42 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by FanXiche:
Do you think that was their main purpose?
To tell a story about the joker? Yes.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:49 AM 10-16-2019
So I didnt enjoy the movie. Its not a movie that is enjoyable.
Looks like many others have a different opinion. Joker has made $557 million so far.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:18 AM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Looks like many others have a different opinion. Joker has made $557 million so far.

Dollars doesn't mean it's a good movie. I always prefer to go by audience scores which in this case are crazy good as well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:42 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Dollars doesn't mean it's a good movie. I always prefer to go by audience scores which in this case are crazy good as well.
people have voted with their money. Half a billion $’s says a lot of people think it’s a good movie and told others it was a good movie and then they went.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:28 PM 10-16-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
people have voted with their money. Half a billion $’s says a lot of people think it’s a good movie and told others it was a good movie and then they went.
The Last Jedi made a lot of money and was shit.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:51 PM 02-05-2020
"What do you get when you cross a mentally ill loner with a society that abandons him and treats him like trash? You get what you fuckin' deserve!"
[Reply]
Lprechaun 02:56 PM 10-14-2019
Saw it last weekend. Films like this should wake people up to many things, to some of us it may very well have.
To others unfortunately it's just a movie.
When you see a film where on one hand you can relate to the "bad guy" and on the other you wish this wasnt the reality for some people.
This movie wasnt just entertainment, it was an outstanding film that hopefully means more going forward.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 06:37 PM 10-15-2019
I saw Joker today, I laughed a lot more than I thought I would at certain parts. With all the people in clown face mimicking his rebellious attitude I got the impression of V for Vendetta.

I thought a better ending to tie into Batman would of been, when he was getting up on the hood of the police car and the crowd of people in clown face began to cheer, the next scene was the words "20 Years Later".

Then the next scene is the bank robbery opening of Dark Knight (End of Movie).

The story beginnings could of tied in more to Dark Knight. Let's say he had to apply for a job as a clown rather than being already employed, and he had a beard. They told him, to lose the beard. When he shaved, he had the scars on the side of his mouth that Heath Ledger had, and that's why he used the big red makeup to cover the scars. They did say his mother's boyfriend abused him as a child. I'm always thinking of ways to improve scripts or dialogue when I watch a movie.

[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:49 PM 02-05-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I saw Joker today, I laughed a lot more than I thought I would at certain parts. With all the people in clown face mimicking his rebellious attitude I got the impression of V for Vendetta.

I thought a better ending to tie into Batman would of been, when he was getting up on the hood of the police car and the crowd of people in clown face began to cheer, the next scene was the words "20 Years Later".

Then the next scene is the bank robbery opening of Dark Knight (End of Movie).

The story beginnings could of tied in more to Dark Knight. Let's say he had to apply for a job as a clown rather than being already employed, and he had a beard. They told him, to lose the beard. When he shaved, he had the scars on the side of his mouth that Heath Ledger had, and that's why he used the big red makeup to cover the scars. They did say his mother's boyfriend abused him as a child. I'm always thinking of ways to improve scripts or dialogue when I watch a movie.

The way it plays out, when we see stuff like his date with the neighbor lady and it turns out that it's all in his head, at the end when the therapist goes "what's so funny?"

Is it that the whole thing was in his head?
[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:55 PM 02-06-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
The way it plays out, when we see stuff like his date with the neighbor lady and it turns out that it's all in his head, at the end when the therapist goes "what's so funny?"

Is it that the whole thing was in his head?
I was thinking when posters were saying it wouldn't work, the time is not right, the character is not right, then I posted it's not real, it's only a movie and anything can be made to work in a movie. Then I started thinking of the TV show Dallas and who shot JR. The dream sequence. I had the exact same thought, this whole thing is just a dream. Then I thought, you know people hated Dallas for doing that and there has been others. Maybe it would work and maybe not.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 09:44 PM 10-15-2019
Is there a DC comics origin story for the Joker? Cuz usually when the movie veers from the heritage of the character the "true fans" go berserk.

I liked the film.

Actually saw it by myself after dropping my kids at a birthday party and had a few hours to kill.

Definitely felt sort of suspended in time while watching it. (maybe because I was stuck in the front row in recliner seats)

I really enjoyed it. Can definitely see how people are concerned it might trigger people though.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 18
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up