ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 57
« First < 5455152535455 5657 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
Stewie 02:46 PM 07-07-2023
I just raised the canopy on three trees. They were getting difficult to mow around. I decided to use my $20 Harbor Freight reciprocating saw with a limb/brush/wet wood blade. Holy crap was that quick and easy. Highly recommend.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:31 AM 07-09-2023
“Bengal Tiger” Canna Lily.
Attached: IMG_5268.jpg (129.9 KB) 
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:51 PM 07-09-2023
I had the good fortune of hanging at lewdogs yesterday afternoon

The pics don't do his space justice

He's got a resort going on in his backyard
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 10:33 AM 07-10-2023
Has anyone tried using a mosquito bucket for mosquito control? I've been thinking about making one.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:38 PM 07-10-2023
we need rain

I could spend a fortune watering this year. I have a lot of burned areas. It is sad. It will come back, but I am not going to spend 1000 a month to water.

I am also going to put roundup on the thick blades of grass in the yard. I have tried to do it with a paint brush or roller. It works so so. Next will be rubber glove and a rag.
[Reply]
Delano 03:15 PM 07-10-2023
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
we need rain

I could spend a fortune watering this year. I have a lot of burned areas. It is sad. It will come back, but I am not going to spend 1000 a month to water.

I am also going to put roundup on the thick blades of grass in the yard. I have tried to do it with a paint brush or roller. It works so so. Next will be rubber glove and a rag.
What do you mean ‘thick blades of grass’? Are you referencing crabgrass?
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:17 PM 07-10-2023
we need rain

YOOOOO

https://www.sprayersupplies.com/rw02...RoCk7sQAvD_BwE

What kind of grass is it you want to kill?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:44 PM 07-10-2023
Originally Posted by Delano:
What do you mean ‘thick blades of grass’? Are you referencing crabgrass?
has to be-they are not the normal grass
[Reply]
HC_Chief 07:47 PM 07-10-2023
Finally built a raised garden this year (had to, as our Husky will eat everything if we don't protect it with a fence). Sicily tomatoes, oregano, and basil for home made caprese salad FTW!!!!
Jalapeno and habanero later this year for hot af salsa. Word.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:23 PM 07-10-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I had the good fortune of hanging at lewdogs yesterday afternoon

The pics don't do his space justice

He's got a resort going on in his backyard
Much too kind.

Lewdog's personal landscaping travels. I could easily plant dozen of plants in your yard and run microbubblers to them in a day. I don't hand water a single thing in my yard. We can make this happen!
[Reply]
Delano 08:54 PM 07-10-2023
has to be-they are not the normal grass
If it’s crabgrass there are two other methods that are much easier than spot application of roundup.

You can use a pre emergent crabgrass preventer in the spring. You need to know that no seeds will sprout once this is activated by rain, so you can not oversees that spring. The other option is they sell a chemical that will only target annual grasses like crabgrass. They sell it in a hose-end attached bottle, but I recommend buying concentrate and mix it a little stronger than the label recommends. Throw it in a pump up sprayer and go to town.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:56 PM 07-11-2023
This is the stuff i'm talking about

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:27 PM 07-11-2023
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
Has anyone tried using a mosquito bucket for mosquito control? I've been thinking about making one.
Yes, we have 2 of them in our back yard and they seem to work. They thin the population pretty well.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:08 PM 07-12-2023
This is the stuff i'm talking about

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I went today with some roundup and nitril gloves. Wiped the grass with roundup with gloves on. Most the the grass was far above the normal grass.

May have to do it again next week. But it is worth a shot.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:17 PM 07-12-2023
Since this is the "gardening" thread too....does anyone have any prevention ideas for squash vine borer bugs? They killed my fall squash planting last year, I'm putting a fall crop in pretty soon and I'd be open to any suggestions.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 57
« First < 5455152535455 5657 >
Up