ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 71
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Media Center>What Are You Spinning? Cont.
eDave 08:45 PM 02-05-2019
Rabble's thread has become extremely slow to load and post so I'm starting a new one while the other will be locked.

As rabble is no longer with us (cough), I have been authorized to post in his stead.

Perhaps we can add a full description of the video then post a direct link in an effort to forego the issues in the original thread.

Let's hear what your hearing.

Link to the original - https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314922
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:07 PM 08-09-2020
New Terminal Nation LP. Beatdown hardcore from Arkansas

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:23 PM 08-09-2020

[Reply]
Easy 6 01:48 PM 08-09-2020
Jammed this album three times last night, and this song has gotta be my favorite, its sooo powerful... just listen to his voice, it approaches opera at various points

Such an incredible talent...

[Reply]
listopencil 04:41 PM 08-10-2020

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:14 AM 08-12-2020
In college I was pretty big into Taking Back Sunday. It worked for me in those days.

Anyway, randomly, a TBS song popped up on my playlist, so I went down a fairly deep rabbit hole. As it turns out, Fred Mascherino was in the band for 2 of the albums (where you want to be and louder now), so I caught some of his stuff on YouTube. He's now on YouTube under the Color Fred (which his solo ... whatever it is). So I caught some of that. It's a pretty decent channel if you're into it. He has some really good guitar stuff in there if you're into it (I'm not, I'm the least musical, least creative person on CP, but it was interesting to watch from a purely technical perspective as an outsider). Anyway, in his videos, he's really open about music, TBS, his process whatever, and is just a really positive humble guy. Big thing is, that it's pretty real. So much of social media stuff is polished, overproduced narrative type stuff, but he's not the best, smoothest broadcaster, but it works because he's not full of shit. I'd recommend checking it out if you're interested. Plus the dude is a really good guitarist, so there's that too.

Anyway. During the pandemic, He started writing a song and put it out on Social Media asking for complimentary parts. So artists from around the world submitted contributions to him and he produced it. It's probably not the best song out there, but it's a really cool little project amid the pandemic.

[Reply]
listopencil 09:00 PM 08-12-2020

[Reply]
patteeu 08:52 PM 08-13-2020
The Morning After Girls - Run For Our Lives

I like the call and answer of the guitars at the beginning.

[Reply]
eDave 02:17 AM 08-17-2020
John Denver tonight. Man I loved him and it really sucked when he died.

And Christopher Cross.

And this guy.

[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:08 AM 08-17-2020
What y'all know about Portishead?

[Reply]
listopencil 10:59 PM 08-18-2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:19 AM 08-25-2020
Looks like I screwed up the embed on my phone. Fixed.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:50 AM 08-25-2020
Death Reissue of Sound of Perseverance arrived last weekend. So damn good.

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:28 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Death Reissue of Sound of Perseverance arrived last weekend. So damn good.
Killer.
[Reply]
srvy 12:01 AM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
John Denver tonight. Man I loved him and it really sucked when he died.

And Christopher Cross.

And this guy.

My very first concert was John Denver I believe it was Municipal Auditorium free tickets I drove as I had just turned 16. My buddies Dad was head of TWA food and entertainment services in KC. WE knew nothing about JD other than rocky mountain high was being played all over the radio. We liked rock and roll not folk-country then and kinda made fun of us going but it was something to do. Turned out awesome and was the start of many free concerts on TWA. Also never was a bad word spoken on JD after seeing him live. The day I learned of his plane crash was a somber day.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:03 AM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
New Terminal Nation LP. Beatdown hardcore from Arkansas

Thanks for posting this.

Reminds me a bit of this band before they went frat boy rock.

[Reply]
Page 21 of 71
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up