ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 207
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
srvy 08:03 PM 12-23-2016
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
It's ok, nothing special IMHO...
Kinda how I feel there are so many better out there IMO
[Reply]
Pablo 08:23 PM 12-23-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
See my recommendation above!

Hope you enjoy it like I do!
This is a very fine drinking bourbon. Threw in a single ice cube and got after it. Good price point too on this at $33/fifth. I will be buying it again.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:24 PM 12-23-2016
I like the Buillet Rye in cocktails from what I recall. Don't know that I've bought the bourbon before.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:44 PM 12-23-2016
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Nice. I got a 12 year old bottle of Glenlevit that's a very easy to drink Scotch and I love the price too at $40...
yeah I'm working a new contract so I thought I needed to
Buy myself something for Christmas.:-)
[Reply]
srvy 08:08 PM 12-30-2016
I am enjoying a Even Williams single barrel vintage after a hectic week. Anyone else partaking in a nice bourbon?
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:19 PM 12-30-2016
Just came into a fifth of Jim Beam cinnamon, I'm not even a big whiskey drinker but was wondering about some good mixers for something like this

I'm thinking apple cider would be a good fit AND pack a whallop... any other ideas?

Helped my daughter and her friend pack the the U Haul for their move to Chicago today and they gave me an unopened bottle of it as payment
[Reply]
KCTitus 08:31 PM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
I am enjoying a Even Williams single barrel vintage after a hectic week. Anyone else partaking in a nice bourbon?
Same...great minds...finishing a nice bottle of Evan Williams single barrel, myself.
[Reply]
srvy 08:37 PM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Same...great minds...finishing a nice bottle of Evan Williams single barrel, myself.
Its good stuff and is going down a little to easy:-)
[Reply]
KCTitus 08:40 PM 12-30-2016
Its good stuff and is going down a little to easy:-)
Yes...it always does :-)
[Reply]
srvy 08:45 PM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Just came into a fifth of Jim Beam cinnamon, I'm not even a big whiskey drinker but was wondering about some good mixers for something like this

I'm thinking apple cider would be a good fit AND pack a whallop... any other ideas?

Helped my daughter and her friend pack the the U Haul for their move to Chicago today and they gave me an unopened bottle of it as payment
Never tried it but this straight from Jim Beam website.

http://www.jimbeam.com/en-us/bourbon-drinks/fire-drop

Fire Drop
2 parts Jim Beam® Kentucky Fire™ Bourbon infused with Cinnamon Liqueur
1 part Triple Sec
2 parts Fresh Lemon Sour
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:53 PM 12-30-2016

Fire Drop
1 part Triple Sec
2 parts Fresh Lemon Sour
I've never been a fan of Jim Beam but the the Devils Cut is some good whiskey for the price.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:05 AM 12-31-2016

Fire Drop
1 part Triple Sec
2 parts Fresh Lemon Sour
Very, veeery close to what I came up with... doubleshot of JB cinnamon over rocks, fat squeeze of "little fake lemon" juice and then nuked 1 tblsp sugar in 1 tbslp of water to dissolve and added it to the drink with a healthy stir

Oh man, I've never liked whiskey this much
[Reply]
KCTitus 12:10 AM 12-31-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Very, veeery close to what I came up with... doubleshot of JB cinnamon over rocks, fat squeeze of "little fake lemon" juice and then nuked 1 tblsp sugar in 1 tbslp of water to dissolve and added it to the drink with a healthy stir

Oh man, I've never liked whiskey this much
Umm...with all that shit in it...it aint whiskey...its become froo froo sugar water.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:24 AM 12-31-2016
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Umm...with all that shit in it...it aint whiskey...its become froo froo sugar water.
:-) sincere apologies, my preference is beers and clears like rum and vodka... whiskey of of any kind has left me in some bad situations, embarrassing situations in the past, retard time... it used to turn me into a fighting hillbilly Scotsman

But tonights mix is incredible... lemon, sugar, watered down with some ice? damn man its gooooood

Totally mellow and loving it
[Reply]
srvy 12:51 AM 12-31-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I've never been a fan of Jim Beam but the the Devils Cut is some good whiskey for the price.
I understand most people associate Jim Beam with the classic old No 7 white label. Honestly thats where they make their coin million of bottles around the world is sold but also the good stuff comes out of special casks at Jim Beam. Here is the list below.

Jim Beam
Baker’s
Basil Hayden
Booker’s
Jim Beam Black Label
Jim Beam Choice (Green label)
Jim Beam Devil’s Cut
Jim Beam Ghost
Jim Beam Honey
Jim Beam Rye
Jim Beam Single Barrel
Jim Beam White Label 7 year old