ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Burleson: How to Slow Down Mahomes
Tribal Warfare 05:23 AM 01-25-2020

[Reply]
RealSNR 10:08 AM 01-25-2020
Give him WRs as shitty as Nate Burleson to throw to.
[Reply]
notorious 10:16 AM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
He for sure pocket Tennessee to beat kc

These guys aren’t wrong, you’ve gotta hit the qb to win for sure. But the whole “maybe take a flag or whatever” just comes off bad
This is a good sign. It means they have no answers other than injury.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:18 AM 01-25-2020
Piece of shit. Changed his tune real quick.
"Take the flag, hit him a step late, put him on his back"
Response - "I'm not a fan of that, hit him within the rules"
His response " oh yeah, that's what I meant"
[Reply]
notorious 10:19 AM 01-25-2020
Seriously, this is the best the bottom-barrel hacks can come up with?
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:35 AM 01-25-2020
First it was dickhead Florio and now this clown. What is it with these Chief haters advocating dirty hits on our QB. Fuck these assholes!
[Reply]
R Clark 10:38 AM 01-25-2020
If they late hit pat, clark will bend Jimmy G over on the fifty and make like a 9ers fan
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:46 AM 01-25-2020
I would love to hit Nate right in his big mouth.
[Reply]
ARROW2 10:48 AM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I would love to hit Nate right in his big mouth.
Fuck Nate, thought he was cool.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:53 AM 01-25-2020
I assure you Saleh has religiously gone over the Patriot games of the past 2yrs and what Bill did to us to slow Pat down. Especially the 2nd half of this past year's game in Foxborough and the 1st half of the AFCCG from last year.

The question becomes do the 9ers have the secondary talent to pull it off ? Not even close IMHO. However, their 2ndary may not have to be "all that" IF our offensive line struggles against their pass rush.

Bottom line: If our offensive line "shows up to protect Pat" we win by double digits.:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:56 AM 01-25-2020
It will be very physical on Pat IF they can reach him. That's the message from Saleh GUAROOOOOOOOOONTEED !! They will sacrifice a penalty or two just to try to attempt to get into his head IMHO.:-)
[Reply]
burt 11:32 AM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
First it was dickhead Florio and now this clown. What is it with these Chief haters advocating dirty hits on our QB. Fuck these assholes!
But the response to Florio was 100% correct. For his entire career, Mahomes has had to "carry" his offense at times. He is used to players giving an all out to hit him. HE IS USED TO IT!

Secondly, our linemen would not have any reservations for being ejected to protect Patrick. It would be very ugly. Kinda like, you can say or do damn near anything to me and I won't get angry. Touch or malign my SO. I look good in orange.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:02 PM 01-25-2020
I've seen this sentiment repeated several times over the last few days. What they're saying is that there is no defense for Pat Mahomes. Which we knew. He had trouble with man-to-man press coverage for a minute, but now he's one of the best QBs at beating it. And he's always been the best at beating zone. You can't blitz him, because he's the best QB at beating the blitz. If you send 3 and drop 7 with a low LB spy, Pat manipulates the 3 rushers, gets outside of contain and either throws for big chinks or runs for TDs.

He has no weakness, there is no solution for defending Pat.

In football when this happens, the defense has one option which is to put as many hits on the QB as they can to try and compromise either his will to run and make him get rid of the ball early out of fear, or to actually hurt him enough to compromise the accuracy and even velocity and touch of his throws. Or both.

On the surface, because it's our QB, it feels like dirty play, but this has been a part of the game since before I was born. It's simply a part of the game. I can't cry about it now.

But honestly, I don't think this will be an issue. Even if they try to use this tactic, I don't think they're going to be able to either hurt him or get in his head.

Pat has an incredible ability to avoid big hits. So I don't see him taking a big shot, so long as he sees the rushers, and the OL does its job.

And we know you can't get in Pat's head.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:07 PM 01-25-2020
Hey Nate it is against the rules to land with your body weight on the QB.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:08 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
On the surface, because it's our QB, it feels like dirty play, but this has been a part of the game since before I was born. It's simply a part of the game. I can't cry about it now.
Exactly !!

We will do the same when we force Garrappolo to beat us with his arm after we get up on them I assure you.:-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:10 PM 01-25-2020
Did anyone actually watch the video?

It was the greasy piece of shit that suggested someone on the niners take a flag.

Burleson checked him immediately.

He did say you have to hit Patrick, but within the rules. So all the Nate Hate is a little unwarranted, as he absolutely is not advocating for cheap shots on Mahomes. He even addresses Mike Florio saying that shit.

Its no secret in football. If any player is great on offense, the equalizer is hits. Pats a tough kid, and elusive. Youre not going to get many big hits on him.

Most know this, and I guess thats why some are saying go cheap and hit late.

But that absolutely is not what Nate was saying. Fall on top of him was about as far as it went. Lay on him. Ooooh. Scary.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up