ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1826 of 3903
« First < 826132617261776181618221823182418251826 182718281829183018361876192623262826 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 11:24 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Paniero:
Are things opening up in KC? I have a three day weekend and would like to visit family and eat at some childhood favorites.
Using old people as food? That's a bold strategy.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:24 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Seems to me previous generations had a more "real" concept and acceptance of death as compared to today. Military has formulas with "acceptable losses" in battles. There is an acceptable loss when balancing a virus vs destroying a global economy and losing liberty. The "one life lost is too many" sounds emotionally poetic but it isnt based in reality nor sustainable. It is fantasy.
What's your feel on where the "acceptable level" of deaths is for this situation?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:24 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Seems to me previous generations had a more "real" concept and acceptance of death as compared to today. Military has formulas with "acceptable losses" in battles. There is an acceptable loss when balancing a virus vs destroying a global economy and losing liberty. The "one life lost is too many" sounds emotionally poetic but it isnt based in reality nor sustainable. It is fantasy.
People in the military sign up for that shit, that's a bit different than average person.
[Reply]
Paniero 11:24 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Beyond grocery stores, Wal-Marts and fast food chains basically operating as usual, KCMO will "reopen" on the 15th with restrictions.

If your family is big enough, it could easily exceed the 10% occupied capacity at some restaurants.
Thank you. I'll now leave the thread and allow the typical CP arguing to continue.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:25 AM 05-04-2020
Well this quickly evolved into Life, Liberty and Fuck Everyone But Me.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:26 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Did I miss something?
I'm not going to sit here and do the Donger thing with you.

Donger, I've read your shit for years. You have little to no empathy for anyone so it's not surprising that my post completely evaded you.

You can just continue sitting in your cushy home, working from home as you've always done with no worry about feeding your family and believing that because you're ok everyone else is too.

Because if YOU'RE managing it well, certainly that means everyone else is too. So why open back up right?

Because if comes down to "Maybe you get sick" vs "Maybe that kid won't eat tonight", well fuck that kid as long as you and yours are safe, right?

Well consider that many are like, "Fuck Donger and his if that means i stay unemployed".
[Reply]
Mecca 11:26 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
It's real stunning isn't it?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:26 AM 05-04-2020
This is why many states/cities enacted anti-mask laws in the first place...

A man wearing a makeshift Ku Klux Klan hood was photographed shopping at a store in Santee, Calif. https://t.co/MrHX4lXUtK pic.twitter.com/6SvOsgDp0M

— philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) May 4, 2020

[Reply]
Monticore 11:27 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
He didn't but the men in those rooms recognized them as rights that are inherent. You need to understand what a Positive Right is and a Right
Do you think clutching to a piece of paper written in the 1700s is a great way to run a country today?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:27 AM 05-04-2020
I admit back in the day there were times Donger annoyed the shit out of me but now years later as I've mellowed and looked at things better, Donger amuses the shit out of me.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:28 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Do you think clutching to a piece of paper written in the 1700s is a great way to run a country today?
Well no, it would probably turn into dust if you clutched it at all.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:29 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Well no, it would probably turn into dust if you clutched it at all.
zing.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:29 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Fuck everyone but me sounds harsh. That's fine. Sometimes reality is harsh.

But when one makes arguments in favor of continuing a lockdown because they're worried they or their family may get sick, well that's a "fuck everyone but me" argument as well.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:30 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Fuck everyone but me sounds harsh. That's fine. Sometimes reality is harsh.

But when one makes arguments in favor of continuing a lockdown because they're worried they or their family may get sick, well that's a "fuck everyone but me" argument as well.
What about when about 70% of the country favors staying in lockdown?
[Reply]
Donger 11:30 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I'm not going to sit here and do the Donger thing with you.

Donger, I've read your shit for years. You have little to no empathy for anyone so it's not surprising that my post completely evaded you.

You can just continue sitting in your cushy home, working from home as you've always done with no worry about feeding your family and believing that because you're ok everyone else is too.

Because if YOU'RE managing it well, certainly that means everyone else is too. So why open back up right?

Because if comes down to "Maybe you get sick" vs "Maybe that kid won't eat tonight", well **** that kid as long as you and yours are safe, right?

Well consider that many are like, "**** Donger and his if that means i stay unemployed".
I've never claimed to be the most empathic person, because I'm not. I'm just trying to understand your logic, if any.

No, not fuck that kid. I presume that that kid went to a food line and did get fed. At least I hope so.
[Reply]
Page 1826 of 3903
« First < 826132617261776181618221823182418251826 182718281829183018361876192623262826 > Last »
Up