ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Collinsworth with high praise for Eric Bieniemy
RealSNR 05:01 PM 10-26-2020
Yes, I'm starting a new thread. Fuck bumping old threads. You're not in charge of CP's thread starting budget, so :-).

From Peter King's article this week:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

Originally Posted by :
FMIA: You’re running a team, and your owner says, “Pick the coach who’s going to turn us around.” Who is it?

Collinsworth: [Kansas City offensive coordinator] Eric Bieniemy. I would’ve done it last year. All these owners and GMs, they call you. Because we meet everybody. Bieniemy’s a dynamic personality, obviously he’s been in the room with Andy Reid, with the most creative of offenses. Is he the play caller? No, but it’s about play design. It’s about play creation. It’s about knowing the type of athlete you need to put together those kinds of creative offenses. And he’s a great guy.

FMIA: What’s the hang up been with Bieniemy? Why doesn’t he have a job yet?

Collinsworth: I’m gonna give the league the benefit of the doubt. I’m sure there are other people that say that the Rooney Rule is not effective enough and that’s the reason he didn’t get a job. [Bieniemy is Black.] I can’t explain it because in my mind, I know him. I’ve had a ton of conversations with him. I know his character. He’s like [Tennessee coach] Mike Vrabel. He’s one of those in-your-face kind of guys. I was stunned. I told Al [Michaels] before our opening broadcast in Kansas City, ‘I’m gonna go after [teams that didn’t hire him] because that is wrong that the guy didn’t get a job.’

But anyway, then, to me, I’m taking [Clemson QB] Trevor Lawrence with the first pick. I watched that kid play the other day. Talking about it with Richard Sherman, and he was saying, ‘You know, you got Sam Darnold, he’s been a top 5 pick. You could trade away the number one pick and you could set up your franchise for the rest of your life.’ I’m like, no way. In New York City? If they pass up the number one pick? If they don’t draft Trevor Lawrence, for the next six months, there is only one headline on the back pages of every one of those newspapers that you blew it, and that was the chance of a lifetime and you didn’t take it.

FMIA: So you’re Joe Douglas, GM of the Jets, and it sounds like you pick Bieniemy, no question?

Collinsworth: Yes sir, and I’m re-creating Kansas City. Everything. Trevor Lawrence is the same kind of player that Patrick Mahomes is. He can move. He’s creative. He’s been good for a long, consistent period of time. And then I’m going out and I’m finding all the Kelces and Edwards-Helaires I can find. I’m just re-doing Kansas City.
Not sure I'd take that gig if I were Bieniemy, but still. Not bad praise, eh?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:14 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I hope Clark has given him the nod to be Andy's successor and stay put. Coaching a team with Andy Reid and PMII at QB can not be underestimated.
It would be fantastic if this could happen.

I just don't think EB will wait 6+ years for it to come about.

If he want's to make a name for himself, he's going to have to strike out on his own pretty soon. And the iron probably won't be any hotter than right after this season ends. The entire NFL universe is talking about EB on a weekly basis. There's no way he won't get ten offers or whatever the minute the SB is over.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:18 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Yes, I'm starting a new thread. **** bumping old threads. You're not in charge of CP's thread starting budget, so :-).

From Peter King's article this week:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

Not sure I'd take that gig if I were Bieniemy, but still. Not bad praise, eh?
The Jets are not just a bad team, they are a bad organization. He can’t fix that. I’d stay away from that team if I was him. He will have his pick of teams this off season.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:28 PM 10-26-2020
He’s gone. I don’t wanna see it, but if I’m the Sharters I make a huge push for him after Lynn gets fired at seasons end. But hoping he doesn’t stay in the division (although I know Andy has a good record vs his old coaches.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:54 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Suck my Dick!

Wait.

Nevermind.

That wasn't an invitation!
FUCK!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:57 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
I have no idea where EB will end up, but if I am the Jets, I go for it and try to get him.

I don't see him taking it, but if I am the Jets I back up the money truck and try.

I think Houston is a cluster ****....I could see EB trying to go to the NFC maybe....he has earned the right to be a head coach, and while I would love to keep him, I hope he lands in the best situation he can that does not threaten the Chiefs Dynasty :-)
And you would be back coaching under Reid in 3 years because the Jets are an awful franchise and that market is brutal on coaches who dont win.
[Reply]
Bewbies 06:59 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
NYJ would be a great spot for him. He gets Lawrence, they’ll have at least 1 extra early pick for Darnold and they have the most cap space in the league to replenish his team quickly.

He’s also got a few good pieces to work with like Bectin who looked legit at LT.
If Sunshine hits, and EB is a good coach the Jets could all of the sudden look competent.

Kind of like how KC did not long after they went 2-14 and our MLB blew his head off at the stadium.
[Reply]
ModSocks 07:02 PM 10-26-2020
I've already moved on. My heart is ready for Kafka.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:15 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
If Sunshine hits, and EB is a good coach the Jets could all of the sudden look competent.

Kind of like how KC did not long after they went 2-14 and our MLB blew his head off at the stadium.
I also think Joe Douglas has potential. Wasn't his choice to hire gase and he's cleaning up a lot of messes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:53 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
NYJ would be a great spot for him. He gets Lawrence, they’ll have at least 1 extra early pick for Darnold and they have the most cap space in the league to replenish his team quickly.

He’s also got a few good pieces to work with like Bectin who looked legit at LT.
And he'll be an offensive coordinator again in 3-5.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:53 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
And you would be back coaching under Reid in 3 years because the Jets are an awful franchise and that market is brutal on coaches who dont win.
Yup.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:15 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And he'll be an offensive coordinator again in 3-5.
I'd bet if EB doesn't make it as an NFL HC he'd coach in the ncaa. And I think he'd be spectacular there.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:38 PM 10-26-2020
Here's the other reason I would consider passing on the Jets if I were Bieniemy.

They brought him in for an interview two years ago. They said, "You're not the best coach we could hire at this time. Adam Gase is."

Adam. Fucking. Gase.

The guy who you're replacing after two years is who the Jets thought would be a better coach than you.

I know time heals wounds and all that, but... awkward situation, man.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:39 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I'd bet if EB doesn't make it as an NFL HC he'd coach in the ncaa. And I think he'd be spectacular there.
Depends on the program and the kind of recruits he could get. Hes a good coach so is Matt Nagy but it helps coaching under a HOFr and having a HOF QB and the best weapons in the league. Nagys offenses have been anemic ever since he became a head coach, Pedersons havent been much better either.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:40 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He had a chance to be the HC at his alma mater and turned it down.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:43 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My prediction is that Bieniemy will go to Houston. They have cap issues that will hold them back for a few years, but Deshaun could really thrive under him.

No draft picks either.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up