ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jags RB Armstead expected to miss rest of season due to COVID
tk13 12:09 PM 10-26-2020
I think this is the first case we've seen of someone having long term issues. Apparently had to be hospitalized a second time. He was supposed to be the guy when they cut Fournette.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ss-rest-season

Originally Posted by :
Sources: Jacksonville Jaguars RB Ryquell Armstead still battling COVID-19, expected to miss rest of season

Adam Schefter
ESPN Senior Writer

While most NFL players have recovered quickly from COVID-19, Jacksonville Jaguars running back Ryquell Armstead has not.

Armstead, who some within the Jacksonville organization thought would replace Leonard Fournette as the starting running back, is not expected to play again this season because of symptoms that he has suffered while battling COVID-19, league sources told ESPN.

Armstead has been hospitalized twice and has suffered from a variety of complications connected to the virus, including significant respiratory issues, and has been hit harder than some expected.

Jacksonville placed Armstead on the reserve/COVID-19 list twice this season -- the second time coming during the first week in September, when head coach Doug Marrone said he couldn't "put an exact timetable" on Armstead's recovery but noted that "he'll be out a while."

[Reply]
Marcellus 12:53 PM 10-26-2020
Looking at this from a purely statistical standpoint this is good news for virtually every other player in the NFL.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:55 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
It's supposed to be deadly ? He's had it bad twice? But he'll be back next season per mystery sources?
It's a made up story
Yeah, you've said that 3 times now in this thread, Ubeja.... take your shit elsewhere.
[Reply]
stumppy 12:58 PM 10-26-2020
Past time for a "Tin foil hat" thread in Romper Room. Se3nd them there when they start polluting a thread.
[Reply]
backinblack 12:59 PM 10-26-2020
It's supposed to be deadly ? He's had it bad twice? But he'll be back next season per mystery sources?
It's a made up story
imagine a person being able to recover from an illness, by a deadline that is nearly a year from now. seems so out there doesn't it?
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 10-26-2020, 01:06 PM
This message has been deleted by big nasty kcnut.
CarlosCarson27 01:35 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by backinblack:
imagine a person being able to recover from an illness, by a deadline that is nearly a year from now. seems so out there doesn't it?
You obviously miss the point entirely from all the propaganda that's been delivered about the CV.

It's supposed to be so unknown and long term effects etc etc..
This is incredibly inconsistent and lacking in details. And like I said, not a star player on a team that matters. What a joke.
[Reply]
tk13 01:53 PM 10-26-2020
Armstead, 23, is expected to return next season at full strength, according to sources
--------------------------------------
It means the story is bullshit. Full strength, next season, according to sources.
The real answer is no one has any idea about that. We haven't even dealt with the virus for a full year to know what the long term consequences are. But there's no guarantee if he has significant lung scarring that he'll recover. Especially not at full strength.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:56 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, you've said that 3 times now in this thread, Ubeja.... take your shit elsewhere.
If this dude is actually Ubeja why isn’t he banned to RR?
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 01:57 PM 10-26-2020
Since it is Jacksonville. Depression may be a contributor
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 02:09 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
If this dude is actually Ubeja why isn’t he banned to RR?
There’s no way he’s actually Ubeja I think Bearcat is just being silly. I think we’d all be able to tell. I mean I’ve never seen him say world class speed once
[Reply]
Mecca 02:22 PM 10-26-2020
88 in username...checks out.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:30 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
There’s no way he’s actually Ubeja I think Bearcat is just being silly. I think we’d all be able to tell. I mean I’ve never seen him say world class speed once
Heh... yeah, the two of them and that UChiefbugger or whatever can have a similar opinion spamming style, but that's about it for similarities and there's no evidence they're mults of each other.
[Reply]
TribalElder 02:32 PM 10-26-2020
Cam Newtons offensive production seems to be out for the season ever since covid as well
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:34 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Heh... yeah, the two of them and that UChiefbugger or whatever can have a similar opinion spamming style, but that's about it for similarities and there's no evidence they're mults of each other.
Ubeja is the master of obscure stats.

BlackOp is the master of conspiracy theories.

Somehow, Carlos is a Frankenstein's monster sewn-together combination of both.

:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 02:36 PM 10-26-2020
he'll be fine but the covid ain't no joke. most likely had asthma or lung issue.

still - i'd rather be 35 and get covid than 75 and get the flu. and it isn't even close.
[Reply]
Pants 02:36 PM 10-26-2020
It's easier to deal with anxieties of life when you convince yourself everything is scripted and controlled by a select few people.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up