ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jags RB Armstead expected to miss rest of season due to COVID
tk13 12:09 PM 10-26-2020
I think this is the first case we've seen of someone having long term issues. Apparently had to be hospitalized a second time. He was supposed to be the guy when they cut Fournette.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ss-rest-season

Originally Posted by :
Sources: Jacksonville Jaguars RB Ryquell Armstead still battling COVID-19, expected to miss rest of season

Adam Schefter
ESPN Senior Writer

While most NFL players have recovered quickly from COVID-19, Jacksonville Jaguars running back Ryquell Armstead has not.

Armstead, who some within the Jacksonville organization thought would replace Leonard Fournette as the starting running back, is not expected to play again this season because of symptoms that he has suffered while battling COVID-19, league sources told ESPN.

Armstead has been hospitalized twice and has suffered from a variety of complications connected to the virus, including significant respiratory issues, and has been hit harder than some expected.

Jacksonville placed Armstead on the reserve/COVID-19 list twice this season -- the second time coming during the first week in September, when head coach Doug Marrone said he couldn't "put an exact timetable" on Armstead's recovery but noted that "he'll be out a while."

[Reply]
stumppy 12:13 PM 10-26-2020
It was only a matter of time. Hope he recovers completely.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 12:15 PM 10-26-2020
I say we trade washington to jacksonville for a player.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:17 PM 10-26-2020
Wow. Horrible
[Reply]
nychief 12:18 PM 10-26-2020
Terrible.
[Reply]
Eureka 12:25 PM 10-26-2020
So this is something Genetic or he kissed a highly infectious woman which gave him a high viral load? How could he not get over while others could? Anybody know/guess?

Obviously he's in great physical shape. Hope he recovers ASAP.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:25 PM 10-26-2020
You'd hope this would quiet the dumbasses in this country who think this is just a flu and anybody in good health will be just fine, unfortunately I doubt that's the case. Best of wishes to him in his recovery.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:36 PM 10-26-2020
Cancel the season!/Dinger
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 12:36 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
You'd hope this would quiet the dumbasses in this country who think this is just a flu and anybody in good health will be just fine, unfortunately I doubt that's the case. Best of wishes to him in his recovery.
It doesn't matter what the virus actually is. The story is a lie.
Maybe..maybe if we heard about multiple star players getting in the first four weeks. Then I'd believe it. But this is a unimportant player in a unimportant team.
Twice? I don't remember any news before this. It's all bullshit. Just like the lame story of the first nba player
[Reply]
penguinz 12:40 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
It doesn't matter what the virus actually is. The story is a lie.
Maybe..maybe if we heard about multiple star players getting in the first four weeks. Then I'd believe it. But this is a unimportant player in a unimportant team.
Twice? I don't remember any news before this. It's all bullshit. Just like the lame story of the first nba player
JFC you are a total loon.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 12:44 PM 10-26-2020
Armstead, 23, is expected to return next season at full strength, according to sources
--------------------------------------
It means the story is bullshit. Full strength, next season, according to sources.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:49 PM 10-26-2020
Armstead, 23, is expected to return next season at full strength, according to sources
--------------------------------------
It means the story is bullshit. Full strength, next season, according to sources.

[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 12:50 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
JFC you are a total loon.
It's supposed to be deadly ? He's had it bad twice? But he'll be back next season per mystery sources?
It's a made up story
[Reply]
penguinz 12:52 PM 10-26-2020
It's supposed to be deadly ? He's had it bad twice? But he'll be back next season per mystery sources?
It's a made up story

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:52 PM 10-26-2020
"experienced rare sympotoms"... Sounds like a huge outlier for his demographic, but he'll be back full strength next year..
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up