ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Why even try to run out a kickoff??
Mr. Wizard 03:09 PM 10-13-2020
Is there any reason to run out a kickoff anymore? The refs are going to find a hold to call virtually every time now so the risk of trying to gain more than 25 yards is negated so often you lose more than you gain. I know someone out there can look up stats on this. Am I wrong?

PS Mecole has not made good decisions on returns lately. The ball he let go by Patrick was pissed about and the ball he let go between his legs was almost a turnover. These are lack of judgement mistakes.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 03:57 PM 10-26-2020
Because sometimes in electric football, it's the only way you'll score
[Reply]
Bwana 03:59 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Ok, be honest, how many of you were doing what I was doing and waiting for a flag, right after that return?

[Reply]
htismaqe 04:00 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Ok, be honest, how many of you were doing what I was doing and waiting for a flag, right after that return?
I know I was. Seems like every return has a flag.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:01 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I know I was. Seems like every return has a flag.

Yep
[Reply]
Dartgod 04:06 PM 10-26-2020

[Reply]
Coach 04:45 PM 10-26-2020
I know I was. I was saying to my wife in Rob Schneider's voice on the Necessary Roughness.

Chuck Neiderman: There's no flag. [pause]. There should be.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:54 PM 10-26-2020
Didn't Pringle score a TD yesterday on a return?
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 05:56 PM 10-26-2020
:-)I have no idea why Pringle ran that ball out. We might have gotten a flag on that play :-) It is obvious he does not read the planet or he would have known better.

PS my inside information say we May picking up a rb soon. His name will ring a “bell”. You heard it here first. :-)
[Reply]
2bikemike 07:35 PM 10-26-2020
I was watching yesterday with a buddy and just as Pringle started to come out of the end zone I hollered out "No Pringle don't run it out" and then I quickly changed my mind as I saw him crossing the 30 and said "OK Pringle go...go!
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:36 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
I was watching yesterday with a buddy and just as Pringle started to come out of the end zone I hollered out "No Pringle don't run it out" and then I quickly changed my mind as I saw him crossing the 30 and said "OK Pringle go...go!
Which is exactly why teams should try to run them out when given a decent opportunity.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 07:42 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
Is there any reason to run out a kickoff anymore? The refs are going to find a hold to call virtually every time now so the risk of trying to gain more than 25 yards is negated so often you lose more than you gain. I know someone out there can look up stats on this. Am I wrong?

PS Mecole has not made good decisions on returns lately. The ball he let go by Patrick was pissed about and the ball he let go between his legs was almost a turnover. These are lack of judgement mistakes.
Pringle says hi!
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:47 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
No point in returning it

Also why in the fuck to the Chiefs take the risk of kicking it to the 1 yard line instead of just kicking it out? It's not worth the risk. We had one returned for a touchdown. You never know when a player will get hurt. Unless the refs calls a penalty it's better to just kick it out and play defense.
So you argue its better to let it go as a return team but then also argue thats its better to kick it out as the kicking team. It can't be better both ways.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 08:29 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
So you argue its better to let it go as a return team but then also argue thats its better to kick it out as the kicking team. It can't be better both ways.
It could. As the kicking team of you kick it short it’s easier to return it past the 25 where most kickoffs into the end zone taken out don’t seem to make it or are Called for holding
[Reply]
DTVietnam 08:33 PM 10-26-2020
because it s the reason we won the superbowl

Mecole Hardman leaving the Texans in the dust �� pic.twitter.com/YEPsRM6OBA

— Kevin Keneely (@KevinKeneely1) January 12, 2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:47 PM 10-26-2020
I want Pringle returning every kick from now on. Dude sees a hole & hits it.

[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up