ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Listen to How Awesome Life Has Been for My Baby Bro Since the Chiefs Won the SB!
rico 01:33 AM 03-11-2020
Ok, so I am having a great year. I started a new wrestling website a couple months ago called The Pin Doctors and it is a full-fledged hit. The Chiefs made me cry from happiness over..and over...and over... Never thought I'd see them win one...honestly. I seriously had no hope of that ever happening.

My brother, Brennan Swafford is a die hard Chiefs fan as well.

#NewProfilePic pic.twitter.com/0g9KooHX9d

— Brennan Swafford (@SwaffordBrennan) February 3, 2020

Then this happened:

That earned him his 2nd OW of the Heart of America Conference award. And he's just a true Sophomore. So he qualified for Nationals as expected. As a Freshman, he placed 7th at nationals.

First match at nationals, he beat a Greco world team member, 20-2... here is his interview after that:

He then won his next 3 matches to make the finals, which were televised on ESPN3 Saturday night and wrestled like the little athletic genius he is:

And then he gave me this awesome interview right after:

My brother is a national champ. My brother, who was snubbed so badly in the recruiting process, proved everyone wrong!!! Brennan was obviously a great wrestler in HS, but was also first team all-state football and placed like 5-6 times in sprinting events in track. He originally signed on to playy football at Graceland, but missed wrestling and wanted to save his body so he can try out for the NFL after he graduates. And I'm dead serious when I say this... it's feasible for him. He is a FREAK athlete. I'm dead serious when I say that he should be looked at. He won the All-Hawkeye Athlete of the year as a Senior in HS which is given to the region's best all-around athlete and for whatever reason, he couldn't get a call or an email back. Not from one D1 school...out of 12. HE SHOWED THEM!!! AND WE ALL KNEW HE WOULD!!!

He was also first in the state for art with a sketch he drew of Bruce Lee in HS. An art nerd and current graphic design major.

I have some people to thank on here who have followed his career over the years on here.

Glorydayz, Lonewolf, Burt, Sorter, Hamas as kept up here and there, Rudy Lost the Toss, Brianfo.... the two main ones though:

Iowanian. He has followed him for years and has offered great praise and insight.

And...

Clay Wendler. He made this awesome highlight reel of him last year despite his fanbase giving him shit for posting non-Chiefs material:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ENJOYING THIS RIDE WITH ME, GUYS!!! AND HE'S JUST A SOPHOMORE!!!

So, I just want to start by saying that I’m extremely grateful for all of the great things Graceland has done for me. The support from my coaches and professors has been awesome. With that being said I would like to announce that I will be continuing my journey at Iowa. Go Hawks! pic.twitter.com/pyCckVW1dZ

— Brennan Swafford (@SwaffordBrennan) April 28, 2021

[Reply]
Bwana 07:42 AM 03-11-2020
Very nice. :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:36 AM 03-11-2020
That's awesome, sir. Congrats on a wonderful start to the decade.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:44 AM 03-11-2020
Congrats man.....that’s fucking sweet.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:19 AM 03-11-2020
Congrats! It is always great to see a kid so dedicated and hardworking finally win the big one. That is a HUGE accomplishment. It takes more than just talent to ascend to the very top- it takes a lot of heart.

Best wishes to you and your family.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:30 AM 03-11-2020
Congrats to your family and brother, seems like it’s been quite a start to 2020.

Some friendly advice I’ll add — and my line of work veers right along with this sort of thing, I’ve learned from some pros when I say this: if he really wants a shot at the football thing, he needs to start now. From an evaluator’s perspective, if he waits, the narratives that he will have to fight is “he didn’t love the game enough to play it in college” and it’s going to be damn near impossible to get a real look from the NFL without any college tape. The Antonio Gates’es of the world are unicorns, and as a basketball player converting to TE, it was something more feasible.

If he starts playing football now and shows the requisite pro athletic traits, produces at a very good clip @ the NAIA level... he’ll have a shot. The athletic traits and competitive toughness elements will be most important though because some guys don’t produce as a matter of circumstances (see George Kittle @ Iowa). Then the narrative becomes “he loved football so much that he converted despite being a national champion wrestler”. Talent evaluators LOVE good wrestlers too.

If he plays the game and has true NFL athletic ability, he will probably get a look or two. But that’s something that you only do if he truly loves the game and wants that. A lot of potential sacrifice involved.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:35 AM 03-11-2020
Cool as hell, Rico. Congrats to your brother! Your entire family must be proud as he sounds like not only a great athlete but a well rounded individual.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:35 AM 03-11-2020
My favorite part, "I want two more!".
[Reply]
burt 09:47 AM 03-11-2020
That kid he beat in the first vid was a stud...making your brother an ALFA MALE STUD! I couldn't be much more impressed! Those 2 were gettin' it! Congratulations!

He looks so small, and to think I wrestled at 150 in college!
[Reply]
TimBone 09:57 AM 03-11-2020
Congrats to your bro, man. I saw your post about the Championship and meant to tune in, but got busy with family stuff.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:06 AM 03-11-2020
Congrats to him! Maybe you can be the next Jackson Mahomes standing behind him on the victory stand.
[Reply]
rico 03:35 PM 03-11-2020
Thanks to everyone! For real! And I’m relieved you aren’t harshin me for saying he wants to play football because I fully believe that he could maybe do it. He is a FREAK... an inventive, powerful athlete that the fans just love. Hahaha, so if there are any Chiefs brass reading this, the kid is a Chiefs fanatic... he would bust skulls and make it look easier than you’d expect... and he’s just a true Sophomore! He hasn’t peaked! This has been so fun!
[Reply]
rico 03:35 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
That kid he beat in the first vid was a stud...making your brother an ALFA MALE STUD! I couldn't be much more impressed! Those 2 were gettin' it! Congratulations!

He looks so small, and to think I wrestled at 150 in college!
He carries a lot of weight in his legs... that was the big comment people kept making at Nats.
[Reply]
rico 03:36 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by phisherman:
My favorite part, "I want two more!".
And he will get it! Probably with ease from here on out! He’s still progressing! I love that part too.
[Reply]
rico 03:37 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Very nice. :-)
Ah shit I meant to hit the thumbs up!
[Reply]
rico 03:38 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Cool as hell, Rico. Congrats to your brother! Your entire family must be proud as he sounds like not only a great athlete but a well rounded individual.
Thanks so much man! Was hoping you’d reply for you’ve followed along with me on here for years!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up