ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 992 of 3903
« First < 492892942982988989990991992 99399499599610021042109214921992 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:48 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Remember when MAO ZEDONG, the chairman of the communist party of CHINA mass murdered a reported 18 to 45 million of his own people between 1958-1962. MAO'S GREAT LEAP FORWARD?
Which gets me back to "hey - maybe we should've been rooting for Germany in 1914...."

Granted, there's not a direct link to Mao and WWI, but the rise of the Soviet Union HAD to play a part there. Prior to the Sino-Soviet split the relationship between Mao and the USSR was pretty cozy. Did their support swing the Chinese Civil War? Maybe, maybe not - but it damn sure didn't hurt. And just seeing another superpower operating from fundamentally Marxist ideals would've empowered Mao and his allies.

Who knows - but it sure would be nice to have China as an ally right now instead of this backwards shitheel of a country it's become.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 02:50 PM 04-01-2020
My brother’s wife is going to be induced at a KC-area hospital tonight. Thankfully, he gets to go in but he’s not allowed to come and go from the hospital.

My first little niece. Will forever be nicknamed the Rona Baby.
[Reply]
TLO 02:50 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Yes, since there doesn't seem to be a lot of proof that it actually works.
Then again maybe it's having a greater impact than we can put on paper and actually see right now. I'm not certain
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:50 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History has 30 hours of content on WWI. Magnificent.
Oh yeah.

Anyone that is interested in the topic needs to start with that. More advanced understanding is a slog and without a good foundation to work from, you'll lose interest fast.

But Carlin can give you a good enough fundamental understanding of most of it to make additional research fare more gratifying and fill in gaps. I cannot recommend Carlin enough as a starting point for a handful of topics. He's not a dispositive source, but he's a gateway drug, to be sure.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:51 PM 04-01-2020
CA just closed schools for the rest of the school year.
[Reply]
Donger 02:52 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
The Japanese too. If you ever want to not sleep for the next couple of nights, read up about Unit 731.
I presume you know what we did allegedly with their "results"?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:54 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Funny thing is that the nation that would've REALLY been hit by a swift German victory is the United States.

The transfer of wealth from traditional European powers to the US because of WWI was staggering. It fast forwarded our ascent to superpower status by probably 50 years.

And it fundamentally altered our national consciousness from 125+ years of relative isolationism to our present status as de facto world police.

I get bored by studying WWII because it's a black and white conflict. It's democracy vs. authoritarianism and good vs. evil. There are clear white/black hats there and catastrophic outcomes of the bad guys had prevailed.

But man, WWI is so fascinating in so many ways because so many of the evils that impact us to this day would've been diminished or avoided outright had things gone differently. Had all the authoritarian regimes that cropped up as a result of WWI been snuffed out in the womb, imagine how much human suffering would've been avoided.

And the most likely avenue to that would've been a swift, relatively bloodless german victory that would've given them the 'credit' they were so desperate for on the world stage. It would've just calmed them the !@#$ down and gotten that chip off their shoulder.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/..._the_Great_War
[Reply]
stumppy 02:55 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
My brother’s wife is going to be induced at a KC-area hospital tonight. Thankfully, he gets to go in but he’s not allowed to come and go from the hospital.

My first little niece. Will forever be nicknamed the Rona Baby.
That's too bad. Hope everything turns out OK for her.
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:58 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
CA just closed schools for the rest of the school year.
I’m surprised we(AZ)beat them to it. Our announcement came Monday morning.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:58 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I do weight watchers and did pretty good for awhile, I am forcing myself to work and take care of what I need to take care of and it stresses me to the point I just eat to cope. Better than drugs and booze but still not very healthy.
I’m the opposite of most here that have posted on this subject in here. I decided to use the time early on to lose some weight and eat better.

I’ve lost 12 lbs since I started social distancing. I walk around the neighborhood. I’m doing a lot of manual labor yard work. Not eating a bunch of crap 24/7. I’m still a fat ass so I have no more willpower than you guys. Just sharing my experience.
[Reply]
Pants 02:58 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I presume you know what we did allegedly with their "results"?
Of course. One of the greatest non-hypothetical ethical dilemmas.

Unless you're referring to something else. If that's the case, I would love to hear more.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:59 PM 04-01-2020
Whatever I have is the oddest damn virus ever.

Today is day 11, still zero energy, tightness in my chest, cough has finally died down, but have a massive headache daily and my temperature changes 3* +/- over the course of 30-45 minutes. Was 102.5 at 3:30 and down to 99.1 now.

Temp has been as low as 96.6. Weird.

Wife is starting to get nervous and suggesting a trip to the hospital is in order, but being told by doc there really isn't anything they'll do for me there I'm not already doing at home - and much, much cheaper at home.

I'm so done with this shit.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:00 PM 04-01-2020
Dang IL jumped from 26 to 42 new deaths today.
[Reply]
O.city 03:00 PM 04-01-2020
You’re on the down hill side man

Hopefully

I’ll send you a bottle of pappys to celebrate beating it
[Reply]
Donger 03:00 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Whatever I have is the oddest damn virus ever.

Today is day 11, still zero energy, tightness in my chest, cough has finally died down, but have a massive headache daily and my temperature changes 3* +/- over the course of 30-45 minutes. Was 102.5 at 3:30 and down to 99.1 now.

Temp has been as low as 96.6. Weird.

Wife is starting to get nervous and suggesting a trip to the hospital is in order, but being told by doc there really isn't anything they'll do for me there I'm not already doing at home - and much, much cheaper at home.

I'm so done with this shit.
Ugh, hang in there, OTW.
[Reply]
Page 992 of 3903
« First < 492892942982988989990991992 99399499599610021042109214921992 > Last »
Up