ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2987 of 3903
« First < 1987248728872937297729832984298529862987 29882989299029912997303730873487 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:34 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The 6% thing making the rounds was just a couple of weeks ago. It showed up in this thread multiple times. We had to waste energy debunking something that should have been obvious to a reasonably intelligent 3rd-grader: if you have lived with diabetes for decades, and then die of covid, you did not die from diabetes. You died from covid.

Please point me to the posts where you spent time debunking this nonsense, as many of us did, and I'll take your claims more seriously that you're just seeking the truth.

I've spent plenty of energy itt debunking wild claims both the covid hoax side and the covid catastrophe side (IE -78% have permanent heart damage) - as have O.City, TLO, Lewdog, Hamas, donger and a bunch more I'm forgetting. We literally just want to figure this thing out.

You have spent plenty of time posting bullshit too like Europe's worst spikes aren't as bad as the US best days so you can climb down off your horse there bud.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:35 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Like Fauci, and the CDC?

How many times in this thread has someone started with "Fauci said in March...:"
We are talking about posters comment/opinions specifically.
[Reply]
sedated 02:06 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
We are talking about posters comment/opinions specifically.
Of course you are :-)

The stench of hypocrisy is overwhelming
[Reply]
TLO 03:52 PM 09-25-2020
We have a lot of positive cases up here. I wonder how long this will go on for?

I mean at this point are we just in a holding pattern until we hit herd immunity? I don't see any possible way to even mitigate spread without a full shutdown.
[Reply]
stumppy 03:58 PM 09-25-2020
Greene County, MO. reporting a total of 70 deaths since the pandemic started.

The worse part, 40 were in the last month.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:41 PM 09-25-2020
I hear a school close to me has 70 students out of school right now, quarantining. I live within 45 minutes of Clinton, MO and they seem to be a hotspot lately, especially the size of that town. Just hoping it doesn't get into a nursing home there or get some elderly people cuz right now the number of deaths has been very low thankfully.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:45 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Of course you are :-)

The stench of hypocrisy is overwhelming
No thats exactly what we were specifically discussing. What posters in this thread believe.

I mean sure yea you can bring up the lies you were told early on if you want I suppose. Those lies created some of those beliefs people had early on.
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:47 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Greene County, MO. reporting a total of 70 deaths since the pandemic started.

The worse part, 40 were in the last month.
Mainly from nursing homes where people have been locked down and supposedly been masked up and following protocols for months now.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:59 PM 09-25-2020
No thats exactly what we were specifically discussing. What posters in this thread believe.

I mean sure yea you can bring up the lies you were told early on if you want I suppose. Those lies created some of those beliefs people had early on.
Let’s start with you. What should we be doing?

Your post above this reeks of masks are worthless and only old people are getting this. I’ll lump you in with the 50% I was talking about.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:06 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:

I mean at this point are we just in a holding pattern until we hit herd immunity? I don't see any possible way to even mitigate spread without a full shutdown.
Hopefully we are in a holding pattern until we get an effective vaccine.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:09 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Let’s start with you. What should we be doing?

Your post above this reeks of masks are worthless and only old people are getting this. I’ll lump you in with the 50% I was talking about.
Well you can lump me all you want Lew but its just a sign that you are very stubborn and blindsided on this topic.

I fully admit I was wrong on this for months. Its been much worse than I expected.

I also still stick to the idea that the high risk need to be isolated for the most part and people in general should be able to live their lives with some precautions. People know the risks Lew there are no secrets at this point.

I am not anti mask, I actually have to spend my time at work enforcing masks and social distancing. I deal with this shit probably as much or more than you do on a daily basis. It seems you haven't been actually paying attention to my posts the last few months.

I do think masks and social distancing combined is stupid. I also think this is mainly an issue with older people and people with compromised immune systems. We both know this.

I also know for a fact the idea that the belief in virus mitigation is based on political party lines is hilariously wrong. I know the because I deal with people all the time not following protocols that I know for a fact dont give 2 ****s about the election or politics. Its way more cultural than political.

But hey go ahead and act like you got it all figured out and know all there is know on this topic and half the people here say lets do "nothing". People like you are the ones drawing political lines in this and ignoring the actual data and realities.

Oh yea and also ignore the fact the story from the CDC and everyone else changes every other day as well but in the end the results are really the same.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:11 PM 09-25-2020
Well you can lump me all you want Lew but its just a sign that you are very stubborn and blindsided on this topic.

I fully admit I was wrong on this for months. Its been much worse than I expected.

I also still stick to the idea that the high risk need to be isolated for the most part and people in general should be able to live their lives with some precautions. People know the risks Lew there are no secrets at this point.

I am not anti mask, I actually have to spend my time at work enforcing masks and social distancing. I deal with this shit probably as much or more than you do on a daily basis. It seems you haven't been actually paying attention to my posts the last few months.

I do think masks and social distancing combined is stupid. I also think this is mainly an issue with older people and people with compromised immune systems. We both know this.

I also know for a fact the idea that the belief in virus mitigation is based on political party lines is hilariously wrong. I know the because I deal with people all the time not following protocols that I know for a fact dont give 2 ****s about the election or politics. Its way more cultural than political.

But hey go ahead and act like you got it all figured out and know all there is know on this topic and half the people here say lets do "nothing". People like you are the ones drawing political lines in this and ignoring the actual data and realities.

Oh yea and also ignore the fact the story from the CDC and everyone else changes every other day as well but in the end the results are really the same.
Masks and social distancing combined are dumb?

Please explain.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:12 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Masks and social distancing combined are dumb?

Please explain.
NO NEED TO WEAR A MASK IF YOU ARENT NEAR ANYONE.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:30 PM 09-25-2020

I am sorry a front line worker is questioning your vast knowledge at the factory level! Fuck me man! You're a fucking moron if you think this is only affecting old people with shitty health. You should ask those losing loved ones in this thread about that. If you want to go by mortality rate alone, that's another misguided step. I've known dozens of front line workers, in good health, who required hospital stays, including my coworker almost losing his life to this as I documented in this thread. This has been very personal for many. Masks aren't perfect when you are around this virus all day, but should BE COMBINED with social distancing when it allows for best protection. Were you really trying to make a point about wearing a mask when you aren't around anyone (I mean yeah, it's not needed)?

I haven't made a single fucking political post in this thread. I think we can fully see now that full lockdowns probably aren't the answer as when they end, the virus ramps up it's spread. Instead, making a national mask mandate and recommending social distancing, with all business open would have probably been the best plan from the start. But many places were too slow to act and had to go into full lockdowns in surge states. The CDC hasn't helped one bit and neither have the politicians on both side of this virus.

But you can't tell me that a large portion of this country wants even basic precautions like mask wearing to end. If you can't even wear a mask and understand it's basic use in public, then we can all assume you think we should be doing nothing about this virus. That may not be you, but it sure seems like many in the USA and on this board fit that description.
[Reply]
O.city 07:40 PM 09-25-2020
Mainly from nursing homes where people have been locked down and supposedly been masked up and following protocols for months now.
Hospital capacity is really stretched here now. Some is from nursing homes as they’re really having a lot of issues that they can’t really do anything about. Once it gets in there it’s just like wildfire

Some of it isn’t that though. If anyone is over 60 they’re at risk for this thing. It’s a mother fucker.

Everyone, get your vitamin d. Exercise and eat well. Look at things to do to help your immune system.
[Reply]
Page 2987 of 3903
« First < 1987248728872937297729832984298529862987 29882989299029912997303730873487 > Last »
Up