ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1991 of 3903
« First < 991149118911941198119871988198919901991 199219931994199520012041209124912991 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 01:51 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I didn't know he was the gospel....

You guys can say what you want, everyone in their brother knows the primary reason for the initial shut down was to slow the spread so we didn't run out of resources.

Spin away with whatever you want.....I am done with this specific topic for the day.
i didnt know the guy from 2-28 was writing gospel...

works both ways. but i'd bet good money fauci is more in tuned to this than
drew harris at this point...
and things have changed since 2-28, we've found out that there isnt really anything that makes it better at this point so the focus had to go from slowing the spread to stop hospitals being overrrun and not being able to treat people to slowing the spread to stop people from dying...

even those pesky old people and young people with issues no on seems to care anything about.
[Reply]
Donger 01:52 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But if hospitals aren’t being overrun then the # of infections and the mortality rate do not justify a prolonged shut down.

It’s really that simple but you’re dancing around it.
The results absolutely justify it. And that was the goal of mitigation. Fewer cases. Fewer hospitals visits. And fewer deaths.

That's why we shutdown.
[Reply]
wazu 01:52 PM 05-11-2020

BREAKING: Major League Baseball owners OK a proposal that could lead to the coronavirus-delayed season starting around the Fourth of July weekend in ballparks without fans.
https://t.co/EkBOoAsVqk

— AP Sports (@AP_Sports) May 11, 2020

[Reply]
SAUTO 01:52 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But if hospitals aren’t being overrun then the # of infections and the mortality rate do not justify a prolonged shut down.

It’s really that simple but you’re dancing around it.
what is the mortality rate?

what numbers do you use?

do you REALLY not think that the infection #s wouldnt be exponentially greater if we had done nothing?
[Reply]
Lzen 01:55 PM 05-11-2020
For all of the people who claim that hydroxychloroquine does not work on COVID-19, I'd suggest you do some more research. Here is one interview but I have found many of these kinds of stories. Frankly, I would rather give this a try than just die on a tube. To each his own but there are doctors all over the world who are touting the benefits of this.

https://youtu.be/28BnZwByUJE
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:56 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:

I was just about to post this. It is all going to depend on testing the players.

Originally Posted by :
Union officials and players have cited the March 26 agreement as setting economic terms and say they have no inclination for additional cuts. Players are more interested in medical protocols and testing designed to protect them from and detect the new coronavirus. The proposal will detail the plan for dealing with players and staff who test positive.

[Reply]
notorious 01:56 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Man if you're having a months long shitdown you need a doctor for other reasons.
“Months long Shitdown”

:-)

Yes, I know. I have the maturity of a 10 year old.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:56 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
For all of the people who claim that hydroxychloroquine does not work on COVID-19, I'd suggest you do some more research. Here is one interview but I have found many of these kinds of stories. Frankly, I would rather give this a try than just die on a tube. To each his own but there are doctors all over the world who are touting the benefits of this.

https://youtu.be/28BnZwByUJE
i have no idea if it works or not but you can bet your ass i'd be trying it if needed.:-)
[Reply]
Mecca 01:58 PM 05-11-2020
The real elephant here that isn't being addressed, until you solve the virus the economy is going to fucked with or without a shutdown.

The economy is not returning if half the population is scared of catching something.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:02 PM 05-11-2020
The real elephant here that isn't being addressed, until you solve the virus the economy is going to ****ed with or without a shutdown.

The economy is not returning if half the population is scared of catching something.
Oh they will weigh their risks when they lose their homes.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:04 PM 05-11-2020
The real elephant here that isn't being addressed, until you solve the virus the economy is going to ****ed with or without a shutdown.

It will do better than if all the population is prevented from going out.
[Reply]
O.city 02:08 PM 05-11-2020
I'm guessing the "stay locked down for however long" people may change their tune when we get food shortages and such. That isn't gonna be a fun time
[Reply]
Mecca 02:09 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm guessing the "stay locked down for however long" people may change their tune when we get food shortages and such. That isn't gonna be a fun time
I don't think anyone who thinks that's a good idea thinks it's a fun time. This entire situation sucks either way.
[Reply]
Donger 02:10 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Why would we have food shortages?
[Reply]
tk13 02:14 PM 05-11-2020
I think the whole argument is a bit off the mark.

The most important question is whether re-opening will lead to a spike in cases that will cause issues with hospitals, supply chains, etc. Have enough people been infected with this to prevent that? That's why the MLB numbers were so interesting. People are just operating under the assumption that we did our time, half the country has had this thing, and the risk of the virus causing problems and overloading systems is over, I'm not sure we know that yet.
[Reply]
Page 1991 of 3903
« First < 991149118911941198119871988198919901991 199219931994199520012041209124912991 > Last »
Up