ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1977 of 3903
« First < 977147718771927196719731974197519761977 197819791980198119872027207724772977 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SAUTO 10:31 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Won’t be the first, or last time I’m wrong on here.

:-)
I could be wrong on it also. i just thought the only reason they said employees rather than players was to confirm they didnt just test the upper 1% of the population
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:33 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Hardware stores are a shitshow, I just think it's the idea of doing home improvement makes people feel like they are different because they are self doers or something.
Consumer behaviors seem even more all over the place with this thing. My bro, who lives in Montana, says he's uncomfortable dining in at a restaurant but will run to the grocery store every other day because he's a terrible food planner. Uncomfortable going to the beach but oh shit got to pick up flowers for ma! Its kind of comical.

NW Indiana is starting to open at a quicker pace than IL. Going to be interesting to see if Chicagoans swarm IN like they did when the city tried to pass a soda tax that lasted all of 2 weeks.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:35 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The numbers coming in from the nursing homes around the US are pretty devastating. They completely dropped the ball on those
well when they tested positive and then NY made the nursing homes take them back in since 3-14 what did they expect to happen.

yesterday they did a complete 180 and said that if they cant isolate the nursing home positives call the health dept and they will come get them out of there...
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:36 AM 05-11-2020
About the only thing I don't want to do is go on a flight. Enclosed spaces routinely frequented by sick people who should not be there. Otherwise I'm not too worried.
[Reply]
O.city 10:38 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
well when they tested positive and then NY made the nursing homes take them back in since 3-14 what did they expect to happen.

yesterday they did a complete 180 and said that if they cant isolate the nursing home positives call the health dept and they will come get them out of there...
Theres a guy on twitter tracking around states and how many of their deaths are from nursing homes. It's sad.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:39 AM 05-11-2020
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/11/mark...-standard.html

“Whatever the White House is doing for the president and vice president, that’s the protocol I want to use for my employees. And if I can’t adhere to that, then why would I put them at risk?” said Cuban, who added he’s still not going out to eat at restaurants, even though Texas started to allow limited dine-in service.

Most Americans do not have access to daily Covid-19 testing, Cuban said, and “that’s the problem.” He said Americans have to effectively ask themselves: “Who can we trust with our lives?”

Cuban laying it down....
Cuban is a fucking pussy that would clearly have everybody hide inside until we get a vaccine.

I’m sorry, but anybody that believes that can go fuck themselves.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:39 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Theres a guy on twitter tracking around states and how many of their deaths are from nursing homes. It's sad.
i cant even bring myself to look at his site.
[Reply]
Donger 10:39 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
About the only thing I don't want to do is go on a flight. Enclosed spaces routinely frequented by sick people who should not be there. Otherwise I'm not too worried.
What's the issue?

[Reply]
O.city 10:40 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
i cant even bring myself to look at his site.
Yeah, it sucks. Theres some weird stuff going on there with the numbers it seems. I can't figure out which side it's coming from though.
[Reply]
O.city 10:41 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Cuban is a ****ing pussy that would clearly have everybody hide inside until we get a vaccine.

I’m sorry, but anybody that believes that can go **** themselves.
Yeah, I'm not sure what his end game is here.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:41 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Cuban is a fucking pussy that would clearly have everybody hide inside until we get a vaccine.

I’m sorry, but anybody that believes that can go fuck themselves.
really?

how much money do you think this is costing that guy? those are the people i tend to listen to a little more. the guys losing millions and still saying they are ok with not opening back up.

not to get political but did you see the changes in the WH since 2 people tested positive?

the president wont be near anyone that hasnt been tested at this point, but we should all go out and live our lives, right?
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 10:41 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Flights replace the air on a plane way more than you would think. I wouldn’t be running to catch a flight anywhere but it’s not nearly as bad as one would assume. Lots of science to read on the subject, but here’s a quick to the point article discussing quality of air on airliners.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/air-qualit...r-flight-54164
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:42 AM 05-11-2020
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/11/mark...-standard.html

“Whatever the White House is doing for the president and vice president, that’s the protocol I want to use for my employees. And if I can’t adhere to that, then why would I put them at risk?” said Cuban, who added he’s still not going out to eat at restaurants, even though Texas started to allow limited dine-in service.

Most Americans do not have access to daily Covid-19 testing, Cuban said, and “that’s the problem.” He said Americans have to effectively ask themselves: “Who can we trust with our lives?”

Cuban laying it down....

The Abbott tests that the WH is using have like a 15% false rate which is probably why they have became a small hot spot. If we want sports back we need something more reliable than that one.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:44 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
What's the issue?
My general disgust with humanity. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:44 AM 05-11-2020
I'm as hopeful as anyone, but damn, they're gonna end up cancelling sports for a long time aren't they.
[Reply]
Page 1977 of 3903
« First < 977147718771927196719731974197519761977 197819791980198119872027207724772977 > Last »
Up