ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1934 of 3903
« First < 934143418341884192419301931193219331934 193519361937193819441984203424342934 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:04 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Comparing these places to the US makes no sense. You are listing countries completely spread out both geographically and culturally from each other, even more than the US. Three of those are islands, and one is virtually an island with NK as a border. If we want to play that game the more isolated states here are also doing better than others.

For example Wyoming, Montana, Hawaii, and Alaska are all doing better than Iceland in deaths per capita. Not surprisingly isolated regions are doing better. That’s the only thing we can draw from the countries you listed.

Let’s try countries more similar both geographically and culturally to each other and the US. Germany, France, Italy, UK, and Spain together have about the same population as the US. Together they have 120k deaths to our 75k.

The only one with lower deaths per capita than the US is Germany with the rest being way more than what we have.

Your comparison would be like someone in Italy saying they should have done whatever Alaska, Montana, Hawaii, and Wyoming did.
Something something steamroller something something
[Reply]
Pablo 11:09 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Something something steamroller something something
I'm glad that gif got some folks all riled up!

something something depressing statement that makes everyone think i should just go ahead and kill myself something something
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:10 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I'm glad that gif got some folks all riled up!

something something depressing statement that makes everyone think i should just go ahead and kill myself something something
You killing yourself would be a net positive, I agree.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:12 AM 05-07-2020
You killing yourself would be a net positive, I agree.
We've all read your posts. Nothing will ever be good again or enjoyable. The entire world is grey and on fire. You're wanted in rabble's "I'm depressed" thread.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:14 AM 05-07-2020
We've all read your posts. Nothing will ever be good again or enjoyable. The entire world is grey and on fire. You're wanted in rabble's "I'm depressed" thread.

[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:20 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
People taking their boats and going to the beach is a little different than crowding back into restaurants and work places no?
you can't social distance when you are together for so long, but yeah it is a weird one. Smithville lake was packed I MEAN ASS TO ELBOWS yesterday.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:22 AM 05-07-2020

Well, you did at one point say it would take KC decades to recover.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:22 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
you can't social distance when you are together for so long, but yeah it is a weird one. Smithville lake was packed I MEAN ASS TO ELBOWS yesterday.
I've been out fishing and mushroom hunting quite a bit this spring and shit is packed everywhere. I guess I should just be thankful I have some hobbies I can still enjoy when everything else is locked down, but shit, get outta my spots you assholes.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:24 AM 05-07-2020
I've been out fishing and mushroom hunting quite a bit this spring and shit is packed everywhere. I guess I should just be thankful I have some hobbies I can still enjoy when everything else is locked down, but shit, get outta my spots you assholes.
Jerking off is a good social distancing hobby, especially if you do it in public.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:24 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
DECADES. While bodies pile in the street, the sun is choked out for months on end with chem-trail/vaccination/mind control mist.

I do like the straw man post though, very BEP-esque.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:25 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You know, it would be really annoying if there were strategies employed by numerous other countries that have stopped the disease in its tracks, especially if those strategies had been promoted by public health experts and on this thread for weeks, and that countries that had employed said strategies were actually able to open up after the period of initial lock down.

Oh wait...
You know, I don’t think this country has the social cohesion to employ those strategies. Even if 80% are willing to do it, if 10 or 20% actively flout those strategies that is probably enough to cause them to fail.

I think the 20% has probably won. The 80% might as well admit defeat and open everything back up.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:26 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Pretty sure I said 'never' and I'll stand by it.

If I can find new employment I'll be getting the fuck out of town since it's going to be such a shithole.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:30 AM 05-07-2020

If I can find new employment I'll be getting the fuck out of town since it's going to be such a shithole.
:-)

Just make sure you bring that same energy to your interviews and lucky new hometown!
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:34 AM 05-07-2020
j
Attached: dddd.jpg (21.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:35 AM 05-07-2020

So, that was more like a strawkid.... not a fully grown, mature strawman.
[Reply]
Page 1934 of 3903
« First < 934143418341884192419301931193219331934 193519361937193819441984203424342934 > Last »
Up