ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1887 of 3903
« First < 887138717871837187718831884188518861887 188818891890189118971937198723872887 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 02:06 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Not to get political but:

Mad Dog 2020
Some amazing shit right there. Had every flavor of that in college and more than once by choice.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:07 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm surprised they haven't already. What do they have people doing right now?
Flying empty planes???
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:09 PM 05-05-2020
I shouldn't be surprised by the people who are misconstruing the purpose of the lockdown orders and continually moving the goalposts (peak irony), but the purpose is pretty clear and has been established largely worldwide

1) You initiate the lockdown to gain control over the spread of the virus which helps you understand the severity of the impact.

2) That lockdown buys you time to ensure that your hospital system is not overwhelmed, which saves lives due to better quality of care and ensuring that PPE is not exhausted (which saves the lives of skilled healthcare workers that can't be replaced without years of training).

3) The lockdown gives you time to develop a strategy for testing to determine community spread and tracing to mitigate future hotspots of infection

4) The lockdown gets your R(e) low enough to begin noticing a decrease in caseload, as has been in Europe, Asia, New Zealand, Australia, etc. Once you notice two weeks of decreasing caseload, you can begin a procedure of gradual reopening. If your distancing measures maintain R(e) <1, the virus will begin to die out.

This is not particularly controversial. The US has not undergone a lockdown more prolonged or severe than other countries. The difference is that a vocal minority of people that have downplayed the seriousness of the disease from the beginning are bullying governments into opening before caseload reduction requirements have been met. Then if it blows up they'll say that there was nothing that could be done because it was always going to blow up, which is like saying that if you stop taking antibiotics on the second day of a UTI that any flareup that happens thereafter is the failure of the drug and not the patient's adherence to therapy.

There's a reason why people who study this stuff for their entire adult lives are recommending these procedures.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 02:10 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
BTW AirBNB announced they are laying off 1,900 employees and Norwegian Cruise Lines is close to shutting down for good.
I was listening to something and it broke down the number of Airbnb renters who had just 1 property, 5-10, and 10+

I thought Airbnb was renting an extra room, or you move to a new city and rent your old house. I didn't realize there were tons of people who made it a business by taking on dozens of mortgages. They had a lady on who'd bought 26 houses. She had no idea what she was gonna do. That's a ton of leverage. Works until it doesn't, I guess
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:12 PM 05-05-2020
Since many states/cities have had anti-mask laws in place for several decades now, it would seem like there is a good reason for why these laws were enacted in the first place.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:12 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
I was listening to something and it broke down the number of Airbnb renters who had just 1 property, 5-10, and 10+

I thought Airbnb was renting an extra room, or you move to a new city and rent your old house. I didn't realize there were tons of people who made it a business by taking on dozens of mortgages. They had a lady on who'd bought 26 houses. She had no idea what she was gonna do. That's a ton of leverage. Works until it doesn't, I guess
Bigger question is when she has a heart attack from extreme anxiety do we list it as a Covid death since it was Covid related?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:13 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Since many states/cities have had anti-mask laws in place for several decades now, it would seem like there is a good reason for why these laws were enacted in the first place.
The Ku Klux Klan ring a bell?
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 02:14 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm surprised they haven't already. What do they have people doing right now?
They took govt. money and can't lay anyone off till the fall. Which helps for now and hopefully things are getting going again in the fall. The going to have to lay people off then though as there is no way flights are close to back to normal
[Reply]
Mecca 02:17 PM 05-05-2020
I was at Costco today, everyone was maskified it was entertaining.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:17 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The Ku Klux Klan ring a bell?
Yes...

A man wearing a makeshift Ku Klux Klan hood was photographed shopping at a store in Santee, Calif. https://t.co/MrHX4lXUtK pic.twitter.com/6SvOsgDp0M

— philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) May 4, 2020

[Reply]
KCUnited 02:18 PM 05-05-2020
What set you claimin', Karen?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:19 PM 05-05-2020
Yes...

Is that the amazing racist?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:21 PM 05-05-2020
Yes...

So you think that wearing surgical masks in public during a respiratory pandemic is equivalent to wearing the hood of the most infamous terrorist organization in the country's history?

Consider yourself fortunate you have an autonomic nervous system, cause you're too fucking stupid to breathe on your own.
[Reply]
jdubya 02:25 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Masks don't do jack shit. Stop listening to the media!
Wasnt it Fauci who initially said there was no need for masks and they wouldnt be effective anyway except "it might catch a large droplet"...?
[Reply]
limested 02:25 PM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
So you think that wearing surgical masks in public during a respiratory pandemic is equivalent to wearing the hood of the most infamous terrorist organization in the country's history?

Consider yourself fortunate you have an autonomic nervous system, cause you're too ****ing stupid to breathe on your own.
It is amazing that KC88 and a few others in this thread haven’t tried to disinfect their bodies by drinking bleach.
[Reply]
Page 1887 of 3903
« First < 887138717871837187718831884188518861887 188818891890189118971937198723872887 > Last »
Up