ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 173
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:02 AM 05-05-2016
Originally Posted by srvy:
It looks Glorious Ed and so does that blond outside the window.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
I wish I had my camera ready earlier when a blonde went by who obviously had springs in the bottoms of her bra cups. I don't know how else those melons could have bounced with such ferocity.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 08:08 AM 05-05-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I wish I had my camera ready earlier when a blonde went by who obviously had springs in the bottoms of her bra cups. I don't know how else those melons could have bounced with such ferocity.
And CP cries.....
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 12:30 PM 05-07-2016
I met a Norweigan couple last night and drank them under the table. Now, that isn't so hard since Norweigans have to pay 4 or 5 times what we do for a beer, so they don't let loose unless they come to Denmark or some country where it is not so expensive. Despite the relative ease of out drinking them, I felt oddly empowered by having more fortitude than a guy named after Thor! I had to lead him back to his own campsite since he insisted I see his tent, meet his dog, and have a beer. His gf, Janne, was pissed at him and stayed at the cafe. I had one brew and left him to pass out. I went back to the cafe and Janne bought me another beer to thank me for seeing him home. He had insisted the campsite was north of the cafe, but it was south. She and I went to another bar nearby to listen to live music and I danced with her. She remarked that I had been drinking strong dark beers all night while she and Tor were drinking light colored pilsners, and I was fine but she and Tor were sloshed. I just shrugged and smiled to myself. I had to point her in the right direction to the campsite, too.
[Reply]
Pasta Giant Meatball 02:27 PM 05-07-2016
Cool updates Ed!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:45 PM 05-07-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I met a Norweigan couple last night and drank them under the table. Now, that isn't so hard since Norweigans have to pay 4 or 5 times what we do for a beer, so they don't let loose unless they come to Denmark or some country where it is not so expensive. Despite the relative ease of out drinking them, I felt oddly empowered by having more fortitude than a guy named after Thor! I had to lead him back to his own campsite since he insisted I see his tent, meet his dog, and have a beer. His gf, Janne, was pissed at him and stayed at the cafe. I had one brew and left him to pass out. I went back to the cafe and Janne bought me another beer to thank me for seeing him home. He had insisted the campsite was north of the cafe, but it was south. She and I went to another bar nearby to listen to live music and I danced with her. She remarked that I had been drinking strong dark beers all night while she and Tor were drinking light colored pilsners, and I was fine but she and Tor were sloshed. I just shrugged and smiled to myself. I had to point her in the right direction to the campsite, too.
Ed, you had the perfect opportunity to tell a story how you drank Thor under the table took his girlfriend and banged the hell outta her. You've let us down.
:-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:18 PM 05-07-2016
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Ed, you had the perfect opportunity to tell a story how you drank Thor under the table took his girlfriend and banged the hell outta her. You've let us down.
:-)
While she was hanging all over me, I took the high road. Tor may have been drunk and silly, but I liked the guy!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:28 PM 05-07-2016
Sounds like a blast!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:40 PM 05-07-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
Sounds like a blast!
I am having a great time and I was at my second cousin-in-law's birthday party today and they have cake over here with gummy bears and it's not just for kids!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:43 PM 05-07-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I am having a great time and I was at my second cousin-in-law's birthday party today and they have cake over here with gummy bears and it's not just for kids!
you're livin life large . Kudo's man ! Keep it up .
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:56 PM 05-07-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I am having a great time and I was at my second cousin-in-law's birthday party today and they have cake over here with gummy bears and it's not just for kids!
I hope they weren't haribu sugar free, for your sake
[Reply]
Meatloaf 05:06 PM 05-07-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
While she was hanging all over me, I took the high road. Tor may have been drunk and silly, but I liked the guy!
And the reason that we didn't get a picture is.............????????
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 05:07 PM 05-07-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I hope they weren't haribu sugar free, for your sake
Dude this brings back bad memories lol. Ed you da man!
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:48 PM 05-07-2016
You're slacking on me, Fast Eddie

PICS DAMMIT :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:58 AM 05-08-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I hope they weren't haribu sugar free, for your sake
Ha! No, they were the real sugary deal and the cake also had licorice bits, to my delight.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:59 AM 05-08-2016
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
And the reason that we didn't get a picture is.............????????
She was tall, but not the type of Norweigan woman you may be envisioning! She was a bit of a plain Jane, but that could be due to the excessive cigarette smoking.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 173
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139 > Last »
Up