ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 203 of 205
« First < 103153193199200201202203 204205 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
Pitt Gorilla 12:54 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Too bad most of the favorites from the West are such unlikeable shitcocks. The winner of Utah and Denver is about all I can actually see myself rooting for if they go deep.
Throw in an unlikely Dallas and I agree. Denver/Utah has been incredible.
Sassy Squatch 12:56 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'd love it if Portland, Dallas, and OKC could bounce their opponents, but those don't seem very likely.
DJ's left nut 12:59 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I could root for Dallas. Denver’s always been a fun weird dark horse’ of a team to root for, kinda like Sacramento was for about 10 years starting in the late 90s.
dirk digler 01:04 PM 08-27-2020
Cooler heads prevailed. I have to think no way Lebron wasn't playing this might be his last best chance at a championship.

Originally Posted by :
Sources say Chris Paul, the president of the players’ union, and vice president Andre Iguodala led the way, throughout the night and into the meeting today, in getting players to see the bigger picture-not just the financial implications of walking away from the rest of the season, but losing the strength of the platform they have in the bubble to continue to push for the changes they want.
What Changed?

“Persuasion and real talk,” said someone in the meetings.

That included the ongoing discussions with James. “He wants to play,” one source with knowledge of his thinking said Thursday. It was thus discordant to hear the Wednesday night news that he had been one of the voices opting to stop the season. But sources say James’ beliefs may have been twisted in the re-telling.

His frustration, per sources both in and outside of his camp, was not with those who wanted to to continue to play; it was with the lack of a plan going forward after the Bucks caught most of their playing brethren off guard with their decision to walk out Wednesday. The Lakers’ team vote Wednesday night, per a source, was not unanimous; some players wanted to keep playing, while others wanted to walk. And, as ever, people then looked to James.

“‘They’re going with whatever you (James) want to do,’” a source said. “‘Do you want to play or do you not want to play?’” And that’s when James figuratively said ‘let me sleep on it,’ and left the meeting, only to continue the discussion into the night.

When Paul and Iguodala came to the Thursday morning meeting, their marching orders were different than they’d been Wednesday night. They weren’t going to open the floor for unending discussions. This would be much more top-down leadership, with Paul telling his constituents, this is what we have to do.

“‘The first thing is, we have to play,’” a source who spoke with Paul Thursday said.

Sassy Squatch 01:10 PM 08-27-2020
Houston and Dallas are probably thankful for the extra 3 days of rest here. Could potentially swing their respective series fully into their favor.
staylor26 01:21 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Paul George basically said he's depressed being in the bubble so not sure he's ever showing up.
Umm you clearly don’t watch the games if you know that he said that but you don’t know that it came after a big game from him in game 5.
Baby Lee 02:17 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's certainly different than it was pre-2016, I'll say that.
So you know how polite we can be. . .
Baby Lee 02:20 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's your takeaway from this thread.

And you have the juevos to say "nobody's listening to anyone anyway..."

Jesus you're a master of projection. You might as well have just said "Chicago Fans aren't listening" or "some people say they aren't listening..."

Pretty much all you have to add 'round here anymore. Casting yourself as an audience proxy of sorts and telling us what 'the world' thinks/does because you do it or think it.

Nah - I don't think I'll take my queues from you. There's been plenty of substantive back and forth in this thread. You're just not a big fan of the fact that your particular side of this argument sucks badly. I've listened to it. I've digested it. And it's been wholly unpersuasive.

Why? Because it's a bad argument. From a lousy messenger.

Seems to be the theme of the last couple days...
cues

Oh, and I just noticed . . . you have my most recent signature as your own. Was that my doing or straight from Bojack Wanda?
DJ's left nut 02:34 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
cues

Oh, and I just noticed . . . you have my most recent signature as your own. Was that my doing or straight from Bojack Wanda?
Bojack.

Been there for about 18 months. I binged it awhile back.

Bojack and Ben Folds....fuck - when did I become a straight up hipster?
Discuss Thrower 02:46 PM 08-27-2020
"I'm depressed about holding up my end of a multi-million dollar contract because I have to do play a game in an environment where I can't go fuck around in my off time for two or three months."
Buehler445 03:01 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I imagine if it gets reported enough, they would but much like a couple of other "non-political" threads that remain in the lounge, sometimes it's pretty hard to keep things nice and neatly separated.
LOL I don't envy any of the mods these days.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Someone's unaware of the concept of a necessary predicate.

Hint: For one to have 'divided' something, it must first have to have been.....what?

But yeah - nobody's listening. Been directly spoken to...but nobody's listening.

I DID MATH IN THIS THREAD, BUEHLER! POORLY CONTRIVED AND VICIOUSLY STRAINED SEMI-SOUND MATH!

I mean what the fuck? We law talking guys do what we do specifically because we hate math and have too much pride to go to business school. These are the efforts I've made in this thread. I did math. That's a big deal.
HEY MOTHERFUCKER!

What you got against business school guys?

:-)
Pitt Gorilla 03:08 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'd love it if Portland, Dallas, and OKC could bounce their opponents, but those don't seem very likely.
Agreed across the board. In the East, Miami, Milwaukee, and Toronto are all pretty fun to watch.
Pasta Little Brioni 03:20 PM 08-27-2020
Cool. Won't watch another minute
BWillie 04:07 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Bball was my sport man. Had a couple offers, almost ended up at Drury. Was told I'd have to redshirt and might get playing time by my JR year.

No thank you.

Took my talents to the Missouri State golf program.
Nice. Are they D2 or NAIA?
BWillie 04:10 PM 08-27-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Cooler heads prevailed. I have to think no way Lebron wasn't playing this might be his last best chance at a championship.
Paul has always been a smart player on the court, looks like he is one off as well. Ive always said CP3 in Westbrooks body and guy would be Top 5 of all time.
Page 203 of 205
« First < 103153193199200201202203 204205 >
Up