ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets had 4 yards of total offense in the 2nd half...
BlackOp 09:44 PM 10-26-2020
Le'Veon got 4 times their entire output on his first carry....ouch.

Gase would not commit to having offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains call the plays again this week, but he sounded like he was leaning that way. Loggains did well in the first half against the Bills and the Jets led 10-0. But his magic touch vanished in the second half when the team gained just 4 yards.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:58 PM 10-30-2020
The worst of it is... Lamical perine rushed the ball pretty well the first half then only got 1 carry the entire damn second half. It's one thing if you can't get a receiver open or if your QB can't make a pass. But getting the ball into the hands of your rb is the easiest thing in football to control.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:30 PM 10-30-2020
Gregg Williams is their DC. Jets lead the league in roughing the passer penalties by far...8 in 7 games. I hope their plan is not to cheap shot Mahomes out of the game. I would give Bell the rock 30 times and let him grudge f**k his old team to get some satisfaction. Show Jets our Henne by halftime.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:48 PM 10-30-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
19 point spread.

Quite frankly, with the Chiefs propensity to take the foot off the gas in games like these, i'm not sure the Chiefs cover. People are expecting this blowout, and im prepared to hear all the "What's wrong with the Chiefs?" narratives if they don't win by 28+.

But i think the Chiefs will come out playing like they did vs Denver. They'll run it, shorten the game and be in control from start to finish, though they may not score more than 30 unless the Jets turn it over frequently.
I think Andy is going to throw it around a bit in this one. He's going to want to right the ship, not only in the passing game but also try to get his OL to gel a bit more in pass pro, IMO. But the second half will probably be mostly running. And Henne is probably going to throw at least one TD.

You look at the Jets previous opponents, and their defense (ranked around 22nd overall) can't keep anyone from scoring. They allowed MIA to score 24, then lowly DEN scored 37, a badly depleted 49ers team scored 31, and so on.

There's no scenario where NYJ's defense suddenly figures out how to stop one of the highest scoring offenses in the league.

And on offense, they're likewise ranked in the bottom third, scoring about 12 points/game. And that's against some sorry defenses. To wit; they couldn't score a single point against MIA, a mere 7 points against IND.

They also turn the ball over more than once a game.

Btw, as a team the Jets are on pace to set records for worst scoring defense and worst scoring offense in league history. And it's not close.

So I'd expect Andy to want to come out and bury the Jets as early as possible, preferably by the half or very early in the third. Then get his starters off the field and away from Gregg Williams' dirty hit schemes, and coast to a victory.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:42 PM 10-30-2020
I think this is going to be a pretty boring game..apart from seeing how they utilize Bell after another week...I dont expect anything but vanilla play calling.

Reid wont intentionally run up the score...depending how it flows...this might play out like a 3rd preseason game...have the starters in until after the 1st possession of the 3rd.

Might get a chance to see some extended playing time from the back-ups...and Henne.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:41 PM 10-30-2020
As it's been said before... Any given Sunday...

I seem to recall a Green Bay team waltzing into Kansas City expecting an easy win and walked away wondering what happened? 2012 or 2013?

Regardless of the opponent, the Chiefs are going to get the best the other teams have. After all, the pressure is on the Chiefs. The players on the other side are real people who are playing for their jobs. Defensive coordinators seem to have found something that slows down the Chiefs offense. Players aren't getting open deep, the offensive line is having trouble protecting Mahomes and the defense seems to have problems with stopping the run.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:46 PM 10-30-2020
Jets receivers Jamison Crowder and Breshad Breeland will not be available on Sunday. That's their two best WRs this season out for the game.

Taken directly from ESPN-Jets page:
Originally Posted by :
Jets final injury report: They won't have WRs Jamison Crowder and Breshad Perriman on Sunday, but LG Alex Lewis returns. S Bradley McDougald will be replaced by rookie Ashtyn Davis. Looks like K Sergio Castillo will be called up from the practice squad again to replace Sam Ficken. They also could use a linebacker and receiver from the PS, but they'd have to trim someone from the 53 to make three call-ups.

[Reply]
eDave 06:50 PM 10-30-2020
Tf am I reading?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up