ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What was it that made Damien so prolific in the postseason?
Direckshun 06:34 AM 08-15-2020
I’d been thinking about it off and on.

Damien’s regular seasons have puttered along until he takes off in december and doesn’t look back.

10 postseason TDs. Somebody else said that’s more than Edelman.

Is it something in his playing style? Is it just Mahomes? Could anybody else have done this?

Because I don’t think anybody here would even name him a Pro Bowler.

What is it that made Damien so damn prolific in the postseason?
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:45 AM 08-15-2020
I can't believe we're inside a month from start of season. Sorry bud, just had to cement this somewhere.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:51 AM 08-15-2020
Probably because he’s healthy and fresh at that time of year.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:51 AM 08-15-2020
He's a pro athlete and sometimes they get hot at the right time. Remember Robert Horry in the NBA...
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:58 AM 08-15-2020
Huuuuuuuuge horse cock
[Reply]
DRM08 08:16 AM 08-15-2020
Some guys have the clutch factor and others don’t.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:28 AM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Some guys have the clutch factor and others don’t.
Pretty much this.

It boils down to 4 things:

-Damien is a really explosive player.

-He’s had fresh legs going into the last 2 postseason due to limited use during the season.

-Andy Reid always makes RBs look good.

-Damien just has that “it” factor when a big play is needed.

Those things combined have made him a postseason folk hero. I love Edwards-Helaire as much as the next guy but I’m afraid we’re really going to miss Damien this year.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 08:33 AM 08-15-2020
He's a smart veteran player who made the most of his opportunity. His attention to detail and being reliable in the passing game are also huge factors.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:41 AM 08-15-2020
Then there is Demarcus Robinson. Very non-clutch in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:55 AM 08-15-2020
An ironic byproduct of more intense opp-prep in the playoffs.

In the regular season, the opposition prepares for us, but they also have a general gameplan of being prepared to be an 'average' game. They defense the pass and the run in a slightly more generic manner.

When the bright lights of the playoffs come around, the opposition is all on tinterhooks to keep Mahomes from killing them, and Reid picks opportune moments to throw in well-designed runs to take advantage of them selling out just a little [just a very little, but a crucial little] more for the pass, both in pass rush and receiver coverage.
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 08-15-2020
Small sample size
[Reply]
DTVietnam 10:04 AM 08-15-2020
started in the Chargers game...

2 huge TDs with great 2nd and 3rd efforts..

your answer is at 2:01

[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:07 AM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Then there is Demarcus Robinson. Very non-clutch in the playoffs.
DRob had very clutch moments in the 2017 and 2018 playoffs. He had an awful game against the Texans, but had a huge second quarter catch against the Titans that helped spur our comeback. I do wonder if Mahomes’ trust in him had wavered a bit after the Texans game. He didn’t really seem to look for DRob in the SB.

As far as Damien, I think it's a couple of factors. The first one is that for one reason or another, he really wasn't consistently the featured back until the end of 2018 and 2019. When he entered the playoffs he was 100% both seasons, not only was he a premiere receiving threat - he ran for some tough and critical yards against the Colts, Titans and 49ers too.

My second guess would be that we've seen defenses completely sell out to stop Kelce and Hill, making it hugely important that Watkins and Williams step up in the playoffs. Both have in such a huge way and we don't win our championship without them. Watkins and Williams both seem like the postseason moments are never too big for them and always seem to step up and deliver explosive, game-changing plays when their number is called on in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:10 AM 08-15-2020
Andy Reid is a great offensive coach. The recieving group is scary as fuck.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:10 AM 08-15-2020
Andy Reid is a great offensive coach. The recieving group is scary as fuck.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:10 AM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Huuuuuuuuge horse cock
Oh, I LIKE that!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up