ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anderson Cooper Interviews Damien Williams
Tribal Warfare 09:14 PM 08-13-2020

KC Chiefs running back Damien Williams is opting out of the NFL season to spend time with his mom as she fights cancer.

"My mom was the only parent. Raised four kids," he tells @andersoncooper. "She can juggle it all... I'm taking a pin away and I'm going to do the juggling." pic.twitter.com/gmmwBC7Ufg

— Anderson Cooper 360° (@AC360) August 14, 2020

[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:05 AM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Dude was a wrecking ball in the playoffs for 2 years. Also went HAM at end of 2019 to secure our position in the playoffs. And then capped it with a Superbowl performance that was in contention for Superbowl MVP.

I love Jamaal Charles. I love Priest Holmes. I love Christian Okoye. The list goes on. None of them did what he did.
To be fair, they did what he did. They just didn't do it for the stakes he did it last Jan/Feb, because the rest of the team had to be better than they had at their disposal. The RB cannot get them there alone.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:34 AM 08-14-2020
Williams has more receiving TDs in the playoffs then the so called HOF Julian Edelman
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:59 AM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Chiefs will not cut or trade Damien Williams next year.

The man scored 10 touchdowns in the 2018 and 2019 playoffs and a case could be made that he was the Super Bowl MVP.

He’s opted out for the right reasons and the locker room would be ripped apart if he returns next year, only to be cut or traded.

:-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:23 AM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Chiefs will not cut or trade Damien Williams next year.

The man scored 10 touchdowns in the 2018 and 2019 playoffs and a case could be made that he was the Super Bowl MVP.

He’s opted out for the right reasons and the locker room would be ripped apart if he returns next year, only to be cut or traded.
So when CEH has a breakout rookie season this year and firmly establishes himself as the Chiefs #1 RB, and Darwin Thompson/DeAndre Washington/Darrel Williams show they can provide capable depth... the Chiefs would need Damien Williams back in 2021 for what reason?

Sentimental value doesn't count.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:08 AM 08-14-2020
I wonder if billay is one of those people who thinks Anderson Cooper is sexy
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:49 AM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
im guessing since you were asking that question, you do?
[Reply]
TEX 11:58 AM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:58 AM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
So when CEH has a breakout rookie season this year and firmly establishes himself as the Chiefs #1 RB, and Darwin Thompson/DeAndre Washington/Darrel Williams show they can provide capable depth... the Chiefs would need Damien Williams back in 2021 for what reason?

1) He's under contract
2) He's really cheap
3) He has insane playoff experience
4) He costs a chunk to cut.

If you get a great trade offer, sure take it. If you don't, you let him walk AFTER 2021 and collect the comp pick. This really isn't nearly as difficult as people are making it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:23 PM 08-14-2020

Considering the Chiefs have been blowing through running backs like gatorade the past few seasons, cutting or trading Williams before the season makes zero sense.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:24 PM 08-14-2020
What a sweetie!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:27 PM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
1)If you get a great trade offer, sure take it. If you don't, you let him walk AFTER 2021 and collect the comp pick. This really isn't nearly as difficult as people are making it.
The Chiefs can release Damien Williams next season and gain about $2.1 million cap space, so why would it make any sense to cut him?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:34 PM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
1) He's under contract
2) He's really cheap
3) He has insane playoff experience
4) He costs a chunk to cut.

If you get a great trade offer, sure take it. If you don't, you let him walk AFTER 2021 and collect the comp pick. This really isn't nearly as difficult as people are making it.
He has a $2.7 million cap # for 2021 for a team that will be up against the salary cap.

With CEH likely cementing the RB1 role this season and the Chiefs with decent depth there is no reason to keep Damien Williams in 2021.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:53 PM 08-14-2020
He has a $2.7 million cap # for 2021 for a team that will be up against the salary cap.

With CEH likely cementing the RB1 role this season and the Chiefs with decent depth there is no reason to keep Damien Williams in 2021.
And what would have happened last year if the Chiefs thought they were "okay" with Shady, Darrel Williams and Darwin Award Thompson?

$2.7 million isn't worth throwing away a season.

And the NFL Salary Cap is a myth.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:48 PM 08-14-2020
I certainly can’t fault a guy for selflessly giving up his dream to care for an ailing mother
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:27 PM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
im guessing since you were asking that question, you do?
Ick. No. Too feminine.

Wolf Blitzer is more my style.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up