ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Extending Travis Kelce [4 years, $57m, $28m guaranteed]
Dante84 12:08 PM 08-13-2020

Sources: The #Chiefs are closing in on signing star TE Travis Kelce to a long-term extension – at least 5 years – that keeps him in a KC uniform catching passes from Patrick Mahomes for the foreseeable future. Keeping their best players...

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 13, 2020

Very quietly, KC and the agents for Travis Kelce have been working on an extension to pay him according to his production. This should be done in the next day or so. The #Chiefs continue to do work. https://t.co/maqWkpFQD3

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 13, 2020

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:11 PM 08-13-2020
Ward and Mathieu need to be next
Hammock Parties 02:12 PM 08-13-2020
kayla wept
MMXcalibur 02:14 PM 08-13-2020
Honestly, would you want to leave Mahomes’ side now?

We should have offered him $3.50 over 8 years!

Damnit, Veach!
DJ's left nut 02:16 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
A lot of truth to this.

I don't understand why the TE market remains as depressed as it is. Kelce and Kittle won't make Watkins money and both of those guys are orders of magnitude more critical to their teams than Watkins is.

At a point, DT and DE are also weirdly divergent in that way. Why is a guy like Garrett, who I REALLY like, more valuable than Aaron Donald or even Chris Jones? Both of those guys are every bit as disruptive, if not moreso.

And it isn't like G or RB where they're cheaper because they're more fungible. There aren't a slew of 6'6'' dudes w/ track speed you can play in-line or out wide like Kelce or Kittle. Those guys aren't readily replaceable. Likewise with Donald and Jones - these first step freaks that weigh 300 lbs don't grow on trees.

The market for some positions just doesn't make a damn bit of sense.
Dunerdr 02:17 PM 08-13-2020
Thank god i was a homer back then. I've been a huge kelce guy since day 1, and his break away run in the preseason sealed the deal. Unfortunately i was also on the Sanders Commings train. They dont all pan out.
DRM08 02:21 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
A lot of truth to this.

I don't understand why the TE market remains as depressed as it is. Kelce and Kittle won't make Watkins money and both of those guys are orders of magnitude more critical to their teams than Watkins is.

At a point, DT and DE are also weirdly divergent in that way. Why is a guy like Garrett, who I REALLY like, more valuable than Aaron Donald or even Chris Jones? Both of those guys are every bit as disruptive, if not moreso.

And it isn't like G or RB where they're cheaper because they're more fungible. There aren't a slew of 6'6'' dudes w/ track speed you can play in-line or out wide like Kelce or Kittle. Those guys aren't readily replaceable. Likewise with Donald and Jones - these first step freaks that weigh 300 lbs don't grow on trees.

It’s true. Kittle is 30% cheaper than Julio Jones and that makes no sense. But I am glad with Kittle & Kelce deals that the tight end market is at least making a good increase from where it was.
MMXcalibur 02:22 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Thank god i was a homer back then. I've been a huge kelce guy since day 1, and his break away run in the preseason sealed the deal. Unfortunately i was also on the Sanders Commings train. They dont all pan out.
Why does it matter?

We’re all cheering for these guys to do well since they’re all Chiefs. You donmt get brownie points for cheering extra hard.

(Yes, we even cheered for Philip Gaines.)
ptlyon 02:23 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
$176
Fixed
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 02:25 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Fixed
Good catch. I forgot Veach would need some roll-over money for 2021.
Dartgod 02:26 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It was a safe and boring draft. No game changers, only depth. Fisher will likely (hopefully) be a great starter for us for a number of years, but outside of that, meh.

Left tackles and tight ends don't win Super Bowls, unfortunately.
:-)
O.city 02:29 PM 08-13-2020
A lot of truth to this.

I can't really explain it. Seems like Kittle would have been the guy to really break thru, but even at say 16 per year, he's still underpaid compared to WR's.

I dunno, doesn't really make sense. Like you said, guys have spent high picks and such looking for move TE's like Kelce and Kittle, but when it comes to paying, it just hasn't kept up.
Titty Meat 02:31 PM 08-13-2020
Think we can keep Fisher yet?
Do we want to?
O.city 02:31 PM 08-13-2020
Another thing they have going for them right now, is just the general culture. It's likely to allow them to (already has) get some guys to renegotiate to allow all this to happen.

It's just a fun ass time to be a Chiefs fan.
BigRedChief 02:32 PM 08-13-2020

All with $177 of cap room
ChiTown 02:33 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
:-)

Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up