ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone ever experience burnout?
Mecca 02:45 PM 07-30-2020
I feel like I'm there, I was there before Covid and feel like it's worse now. I legit have no motivation to do anything and I know I'm pessimistic and not fun to be around for the most part. If anyone wants further stuff I can deep dive but I need some advice because I feel like I'm stuck in the wallow not to escape.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:58 AM 08-15-2020
Listen to the B-52's. Guaranteed to cheer you up! :-) http://youtu.be/4WSenc2Z5OA
[Reply]
scho63 05:55 PM 08-17-2020
After reading all these responses I'm burnt out! :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 04:11 PM 08-20-2020
I give you a hard time, but it’s all love at the end of the day man. Just now seeing this, but I understand what you’re going through. Just keep your head up and keep moving forward.

“This shall pass too”
[Reply]
bdj23 04:33 PM 08-21-2020
I hate my life right now.

Passed over for a promotion for the 2nd time this year. Help me.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:18 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:

Not sure what you do but clearly need to try something to make you standout from others.
[Reply]
eDave 09:08 PM 08-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Not sure what you do but clearly need to try something to make you standout from others.
Or move on. If possible.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:47 PM 08-21-2020

I've been there. Got passed over for promotion after promotion because I wasn't a 'bro' and did my work at work, so I got fed up and just quit.

It was a great decision.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:02 AM 08-22-2020

Every step up in my career, I had to go to another company. Businesses, especially bigger businesses want workers who are productive to stay in their position. They are relucant to move you out of that position.

Your going to have to be prepared to move on. Get another job. If you want to stay, force their hand and tell them you want the promotion you've earned or your gone.
[Reply]
tonyetony 11:12 AM 08-22-2020
All the time (well, sometimes)

Ask me anything.

I've tried drugs, drinking, degenerate gambling, traveling... any vice known to man.

We work too much in this country. We weren't put here to slave away.
This X 1,000. After 36 years at the same corporation I'm fixing to change things in my life way up. Scary and exciting all at once. My father, who is the person that instilled my work ethic and loyalty, thinks I'm making a huge mistake and repeatedly tells me just to stick it out. Although i respect him and understand where he is coming from i just can't do it anymore. Sorry Pops, wish me luck.
[Reply]
KCbroncoHATER 12:34 PM 08-22-2020
I retired at 58 years old, I am now 65, it's kind of boring playing golf, bass fishing, driving my old c5 around and sleeping until I want to get up.

It's not all what it's cracked up to be.

out.
[Reply]
bdj23 01:01 PM 08-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCbroncoHATER:
I retired at 58 years old, I am now 65, it's kind of boring playing golf, bass fishing, driving my old c5 around and sleeping until I want to get up.

It's not all what it's cracked up to be.

out.
Thats a risk im willing to take
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:15 PM 08-23-2020
I have now thanks to this thread.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:20 PM 08-24-2020
This
Originally Posted by eDave:
Or move on. If possible.
and this

Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Every step up in my career, I had to go to another company. Businesses, especially bigger businesses want workers who are productive to stay in their position. They are relucant to move you out of that position.

Your going to have to be prepared to move on. Get another job. If you want to stay, force their hand and tell them you want the promotion you've earned or your gone.

most of the time the quickest way to get a salary and/or title increase is to change companies
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:24 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
most of the time the quickest way to get a salary and/or title increase is to change companies
Or threaten to change companies. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:26 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I've been there. Got passed over for promotion after promotion because I wasn't a 'bro' and did my work at work, so I got fed up and just quit.

It was a great decision.
I see this every day. I've passed up several gigs because I refuse to let "work" become "life".

There's a lot of people above me that make A LOT of money but they have no time to spend it, no one left to spend it with/on, and so on.

At some point one has to ask what they want out of life and what that means for work. I haven't experienced any burnout since I finally decided that work=work and nothing more.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Up