ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 20
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone ever experience burnout?
Mecca 02:45 PM 07-30-2020
I feel like I'm there, I was there before Covid and feel like it's worse now. I legit have no motivation to do anything and I know I'm pessimistic and not fun to be around for the most part. If anyone wants further stuff I can deep dive but I need some advice because I feel like I'm stuck in the wallow not to escape.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 02:47 PM 07-30-2020
Yep! Went through it beginning of 2019. Took a sabbatical and with lots of counseling/rest/learning new habits was able to recover.

It's nothing to mess around with.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:49 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Yep! Went through it beginning of 2019. Took a sabbatical and with lots of counseling/rest/learning new habits was able to recover.

It's nothing to mess around with.
I explain this to my wife and she'll ask what she can do to help and honestly I don't have an answer, I don't want to say I need you to do everything I do for the next 2 weeks because that isn't reasonable or something I really want her to do yet a part of me feels that way.
[Reply]
Dayze 03:01 PM 07-30-2020
I had it years ago.
hated my job; I would get to work and sit in my car in the parking lot, just dreading getting out of my car and walking in. fatasizing about just driving to a different state..completely irrational thoughts / though process. Just absolutely hated it. I couldn't expllain it to my wife. Best I could come up with in trying to explain the feeling of overwhelming dread when she would say "I' don't know why you worry about it...just enjoy your time at home", as to tell her "imagine on Friday you get off of work, and on Monday, you're going to jail for the next 24 months.....it's coming, and there's nothing you can do about it. and you can't stop thinking about it".

was tired all day every day because I could never sleep. I would be so exhausted and tired all day, and go to bed at night, then the feeling of dread and anxiety would keep me awake until like 2am; so I'd get about 3 hours of sleep per day.

my burnout was combine with depression/anxiety...though, they probably all work together in causing each others' issues.

I was miserable. absolutely miserable. wasn't thinking clearly or rationally. hopeless and dread was my day to day mental health. Not good. Mine was almost all work related. not sure if your burnout is work related or not. I spent a good 6 or 7 years in this mode - not at the same job, but same industry. I'm honestly not even sure how I made it out of that mental place. I did go to some counseling, maybe 4 sessions or so, but I wasn't buying in and thought it was a waste of time (at the time). Thankfully my wife stuck around and life has improved beyond words.

I would do whatever it is that is needed to get out of burnout mode. but finding out what that 'it' is, is always the bitch.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:03 PM 07-30-2020
Learn your why. Wake up everyday and go get it.

[Reply]
kcclone 03:04 PM 07-30-2020
Life is tough but it’s better than the alternative. I think everyone is a little down and out right now.

Also, everything is better when you’re working out consistently. It doesn’t have to be an hour per day of hard core training but take walks and lift weights for a few minutes. Even that will make you feel 3x better
[Reply]
Otter 03:06 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I had it years ago.
hated my job; I would get to work and sit in my car in the parking lot, just dreading getting out of my car and walking in. fatasizing about just driving to a different state..completely irrational thoughts / though process. Just absolutely hated it. I couldn't expllain it to my wife. Best I could come up with in trying to explain the feeling of overwhelming dread when she would say "I' don't know why you worry about it...just enjoy your time at home", as to tell her "imagine on Friday you get off of work, and on Monday, you're going to jail for the next 24 months.....it's coming, and there's nothing you can do about it. and you can't stop thinking about it".

was tired all day every day because I could never sleep. I would be so exhausted and tired all day, and go to bed at night, then the feeling of dread and anxiety would keep me awake until like 2am; so I'd get about 3 hours of sleep per day.

my burnout was combine with depression/anxiety...though, they probably all work together in causing each others' issues.

I was miserable. absolutely miserable. wasn't thinking clearly or rationally. hopeless and dread was my day to day mental health. Not good. Mine was almost all work related. not sure if your burnout is work related or not. I spent a good 6 or 7 years in this mode - not at the same job, but same industry. I'm honestly not even sure how I made it out of that mental place. I did go to some counseling, maybe 4 sessions or so, but I wasn't buying in and thought it was a waste of time (at the time). Thankfully my wife stuck around and life has improved beyond words.

I would do whatever it is that is needed to get out of burnout mode. but finding out what that 'it' is, is always the bitch.
IT industry by any chance? That shit will burn anyone out.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:07 PM 07-30-2020
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen

All right

I got somethin' to say

Yeah, it's better to burn out

Yeah, than fade away
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 03:07 PM 07-30-2020
I am right now i work hard yet I never get rewarded or anything. My coworker can just barely do anything and they love him. It like i don't give a shit anymore. Plus it hard to meet people who share my interests.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:07 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I had it years ago.

Mine's both, I feel like I never have a moment to myself there's always more to do.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:08 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I explain this to my wife and she'll ask what she can do to help and honestly I don't have an answer, I don't want to say I need you to do everything I do for the next 2 weeks because that isn't reasonable or something I really want her to do yet a part of me feels that way.
Ask for a BJ. You’ll feel better
[Reply]
Bewbies 03:09 PM 07-30-2020
I’ve been there. It was on a trip up to the Pacific NW with my wife I realized it. Took me almost 3 days to unwind enough to even be present where I was.

This led me to a lot to questions, all a deeper version of why. Why am I working this hard? Why is that my answer? Is that answer true? What is it I actually need. What is it I actually want? That kind of stuff. Got super honest with myself and didn’t like the answers.

That was 4 years ago, I’m super happy now. Really enjoy what I do, and who I have become going through that.

I really, really believe this pause we are all in is a huge opportunity some people are going to take advantage of and come out on the other side changed, happy, on a new course. And I think if we are all honest, we can all use some time to reflect on where we are. Where we eventually want to be, and if we are in fact on that path.

Do the work man, it’s worth it. I’d recommend reading some books, watching documentaries on curating your life. Cal Newport, The Minimalists, Ekart Tolle, Rich Roll and Rob Bell all come to mind as people who had work influence me while I was working through all of that.
[Reply]
seclark 03:09 PM 07-30-2020
yeah, went through a period for about a year or so around the time my old man died and i was having a bitch of a time sleeping. couldn't figure out why i was so down, because actually i had a pretty great family and life.

got over it, but when i think back i was pretty fucked up for awhile.
sec
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 03:11 PM 07-30-2020
Sure have.

I have gone through a couple of "burned out" episodes in my life.

The thing that helped me get out of it, or jumpstart myself, was to make subtle lifestyle changes.

Get up an hour earlier every day.

Try forcing yourself to go outside for a walk 30 minutes a day if you don't already.

Take on a new diet...

Pick up a new hobby. One year I built a raised garden...that was awesome for myself.

It's easy to get into a rut and once in, hard to get out at times...

You'll get there.
[Reply]
Kman34 03:12 PM 07-30-2020

[Reply]
Page 1 of 20
1 234511 > Last »
Up