ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Did anybody happen to look at the sky last night
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:53 AM 07-18-2020
Around 4:00 AM and if so did you happen to be wearing Night Vision goggles?

Just wondering if anybody else saw what I saw. I had to go get my daughter as a witness.

I'm in the Texas panhandle and actually called my brother in Arkansas and told him to get his goggles and go see.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I found this video and it is identical to what I (AND my Daughter) saw. Although its a year old. Except this was last night ,same shape, a perfect triangle with a bright light on each of the 3 corners. If you could visualize this object in the sky at night thats it.

There were easily a hundred of the objects. They all sat still which made me think it was just an anomaly ,maybe the sun coming up over the horizon in a couple hours was causing a visual effect on some stars. But we both saw 3 of the objects move and reposition. They moved slowly but precisely.

These objects were not close like the one in the video they were way up there and they were all over . Any direction you looked you could find some and you could see many normal looking stars in between. We watched them for about an hour until our necks started aching from looking up.

At the same time we saw many satellites passing by as well as shooting stars. These objects were just something of intelligence. Military, Alien ,I don't know but the few I saw move gave it legitimacy in my mind.

[Reply]
Sorce 09:35 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
Are night vision goggles a prerequisite for the family?
They are a prerequisite for practicing karate in the garage.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
loochy 09:37 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Around 4:00 AM and if so did you happen to be wearing Night Vision goggles?

Just wondering if anybody else saw what I saw. I had to go get my daughter as a witness.

I'm in the Texas panhandle and actually called my brother in Arkansas and told him to get his goggles and go see.
Yes, I randomly stay up very late and stare at the sky with night vision goggles....

...bunch of damn weirdos in this place
[Reply]
DaFace 09:40 AM 07-18-2020

[Reply]
eDave 09:41 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Technically true.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:44 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Was it this? Looks pretty crazy!

https://www.cbs7.com/2020/07/18/repo...urday-morning/
Wow! That's spectacular.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07-18-2020, 10:11 AM
This message has been deleted by smithandrew051.
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:21 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Yes, I randomly stay up very late and stare at the sky with night vision goggles....

...bunch of damn weirdos in this place
Well now if you live in the country and hunt coyotes at night and enjoy building camp fires and that sort of thing. It's pretty normal. My brother bought us both a pair of NVG's when he was working as a contractor overseas and making $$$.
You only live once. On a night when you can only see a few stars you can strap on the NVG's and see the sky lit with stars everywhere.
[Reply]
eDave 10:22 AM 07-18-2020
Well now if you live in the country and hunt coyotes at night and enjoy building camp fires and that sort of thing. It's pretty normal. My brother bought us both a pair of NVG's when he was working as a contractor overseas and making $$$.
You only live once. On a night when you can only see a few stars you can strap on the NVG's and see the sky lit with stars everywhere.
How are they for general stargazing?
[Reply]
loochy 10:22 AM 07-18-2020
Or I could sleep so I don't feel like crap the next day
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:23 AM 07-18-2020
So what did it look like with the goggles on? I'm guessing that's the big deal here? It looked much different than in the regular video?
[Reply]
eDave 10:23 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Or I could sleep so I don't feel like crap the next day
You aren't retired.
[Reply]
loochy 10:26 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
You aren't retired.
I'm working as hard as I can to make that happen by age 50.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:29 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
How are they for general stargazing?
They light the sky up with every object out there. Makes it easy to see passing satellites,space station ,meteors. You'll see a ton of shooting stars you'll never pick up with the naked eye.

This is the exact pair I have.

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/agm-gl...CABEgJ1yvD_BwE
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:31 AM 07-18-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
So what did it look like with the goggles on? I'm guessing that's the big deal here? It looked much different than in the regular video?
I could see 3 of the objects faintly with the naked eye. They got my attention so thats when I went in to grab my NVG's and Holy shit!
[Reply]
KurtCobain 10:33 AM 07-18-2020
The last time I looked up all I saw was your mother's meat curtains dangling and then she squirted and I've been in the hospital every since.
[Reply]
Sorry 10:33 AM 07-18-2020
I could see 3 of the objects faintly with the naked eye. They got my attention so thats when I went in to grab my NVG's and Holy shit!
So you don’t think it’s just space debris or a comet?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up