ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the masks working for you
Chief Roundup 08:31 AM 07-15-2020
Today work made masks mandatory for everyone while inside buildings or working closely with others outside. I wear glasses and the masks that are available or the pull over tube type of face mask fog up my glasses. Most of the masks I have seen suck on several levels.

What are you all wearing? Where you getting them from? How do you keep them from fogging up your glasses or shades?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 09:51 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Yes Florida is booming with new cases. Coincidence, I think not.
4 weeks ago we were seeing 40k new cases a day. Deaths lag, so deaths today should be reasonably accurate to compare to those cases. We've been about 950 deaths the last 2-3 days.

What can be derive from that? It would be two likely possible scenarios.
1) We are better at treating the virus now than we were in the Spring
2) More of the REPORTED cases are mild or asymptomatic

I have not seen much to indicate we've gotten much better at treating the virus, but someone correct me if I'm wrong, so it appears #2 is true. Either way we can conclude that if we had the testing abilities now in the Spring we would have seen many, many more reported cases. Cases do not tell the story. Deaths correlated with the cases 3-5 weeks before is a better indicator.

Either way, 1,000 a day is nothing to sneeze at. And if we maintain this level of social distancing and discredit mask wearing we are going to have to shut everything down this winter - or just allow 4,000 to 5,000 people a day to die.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:53 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Today work made masks mandatory for everyone while inside buildings or working closely with others outside. I wear glasses and the masks that are available or the pull over tube type of face mask fog up my glasses. Most of the masks I have seen suck on several levels.

What are you all wearing? Where you getting them from? How do you keep them from fogging up your glasses or shades?

ive worn two both sucked but maybe 40 min total so tollerable
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:18 AM 07-17-2020
Anti mask people are faggots
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07-17-2020, 06:30 AM
This message has been deleted by Titty Meat. Reason: .
oldman 07:57 AM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
4 weeks ago we were seeing 40k new cases a day. Deaths lag, so deaths today should be reasonably accurate to compare to those cases. We've been about 950 deaths the last 2-3 days.

What can be derive from that? It would be two likely possible scenarios.
1) We are better at treating the virus now than we were in the Spring
2) More of the REPORTED cases are mild or asymptomatic

I have not seen much to indicate we've gotten much better at treating the virus, but someone correct me if I'm wrong, so it appears #2 is true. Either way we can conclude that if we had the testing abilities now in the Spring we would have seen many, many more reported cases. Cases do not tell the story. Deaths correlated with the cases 3-5 weeks before is a better indicator.

Either way, 1,000 a day is nothing to sneeze at. And if we maintain this level of social distancing and discredit mask wearing we are going to have to shut everything down this winter - or just allow 4,000 to 5,000 people a day to die.
Don't forget most of the country was on lockdown in the spring. I say the spike is a combination of better/more testing and people not maintaining social distancing. I like to knock back a few cold ones at my favorite watering hole, but if you pack the place and everyone is maskless (how do you drink beer weaing a mask?), of course the rate is going to go up.
[Reply]
cron912 08:22 AM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
I've had to wear a mask and have a mandatory thermal temperature with my picture taken at the front entrance door for every shift at Amazon.

I too wear reading glasses and at first it's a ****ing pain in the ass but you learn to breath at a normal lighter pace, not huff and puff.

If you work where you are moving around all the time, that would be tougher.

Started with disposable masks everyone has, the white inside blue outside and recently they gave everyone an Amazon logo reusable one that is heavier.
Have you tried any of the tricks to keep your glasses from fogging up?

Use a soft cloth to apply some soapy water to the lenses. Shake the excess liquid off, then let the lenses air dry.

Or try some shaving cream. Just put a dab on each side of the lenses, and use a soft cloth to rub shaving cream in until lenses are clear.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:30 AM 07-17-2020
Getting these

[Reply]
Whoarethechefs 11:38 AM 07-17-2020
I bought a few of these - https://robinplacefabrics.com/produc...ll-face-mask-2

Can breathe a lot easier with this compared to others I've worn, and my glasses don't steam up either
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:38 AM 07-17-2020
Pull your glasses OVER the top of the mask. It won't fog. Counter-intuitive, I know, but it works.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:41 AM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Whoarethechefs:
I bought a few of these - https://robinplacefabrics.com/produc...ll-face-mask-2

Can breathe a lot easier with this compared to others I've worn, and my glasses don't steam up either
Is that velcro on the back? I'm kind of interested. And how accessible/expensive are the filters?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:42 AM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Pull your glasses OVER the top of the mask. It won't fog. Counter-intuitive, I know, but it works.
Tried that. Doesn't work well with trifocal lenses, not to mention my glasses want to fall off.

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:53 AM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I wear sunglasses a lot and in the morning they fog up, this is what i do to remedy it.

Works for me, though depending on the mask it may require you to push the glasses further down your nose to be effective. Might not work for some people.
[Reply]
Whoarethechefs 12:02 PM 07-17-2020
yup , velcro

Replacement filters from Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-A...0&s=hi&sr=1-12
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:20 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Is that velcro on the back? I'm kind of interested. And how accessible/expensive are the filters?
Looks very similar to the one I purchased a while back. Replacement filters a readily available. I like the fact it has the breathing ports, doesnt get as steamy in there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B084T...b_b_asin_image
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 12:21 PM 07-17-2020
The shut down deeply affected our operations so we have pivoted into the mask business. These will be on the market in the next 30 days with a fully US made N95 version out by early Fall. We were forced to use a KN95 because there is very little available production of the N95. We are fixing that by standing up a factory and making them. Several other versions coming out soon as well. Particularly a cloth version that is treated as well that will be good for up to 30 washes/uses.

***Sweepstakes*** First response to my post gets a free box (20) of the KN95 version. ~$80 value! (I will pay for shipping.)
Attached: KN95.jpg (65.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:44 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief:
The shut down deeply affected our operations so we have pivoted into the mask business. These will be on the market in the next 30 days with a fully US made N95 version out by early Fall. We were forced to use a KN95 because there is very little available production of the N95. We are fixing that by standing up a factory and making them. Several other versions coming out soon as well. Particularly a cloth version that is treated as well that will be good for up to 30 washes/uses.

***Sweepstakes*** First response to my post gets a free box (20) of the KN95 version. ~$80 value! (I will pay for shipping.)
Winner!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up