ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the masks working for you
Chief Roundup 08:31 AM 07-15-2020
Today work made masks mandatory for everyone while inside buildings or working closely with others outside. I wear glasses and the masks that are available or the pull over tube type of face mask fog up my glasses. Most of the masks I have seen suck on several levels.

What are you all wearing? Where you getting them from? How do you keep them from fogging up your glasses or shades?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:14 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Uh, any of these 'home-made' masks offering smaller than 0.2 micron weave? Isn't that the threshold for effectively stopping a virus? If not, why exactly are people buying/wearing them?

And you don't have to wash your masks very often. Throw them in the microwave for 30 seconds every day; that's enough to kill any bacteria/viruses until you use it again (note: if your mask has a wire in it, obviously don't be a dumb-ass and microwave it). Wash 'em with your regular laundry once a week or whatever. Not that they're doing you or anyone else much good, but that's another story . . .

Oh, in response to the OP: not really using masks. Don't need them at work due to the lack of other humans, and most of the time when I go to the store there's nearly no one there. And they just closed both of my gyms again, so literally out of places where I might wear one.
Here every damn store, or it seems, has made it mandatory of they won't serve you. All of the grocery stores, shopping centers, pharmacies, gas stations have the signs no mask no service. You can't even do curbside pickup let alone inside pickup for carry out without a mask.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:29 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Here every damn store, or it seems, has made it mandatory of they won't serve you. All of the grocery stores, shopping centers, pharmacies, gas stations have the signs no mask no service. You can't even do curbside pickup let alone inside pickup for carry out without a mask.
One of the advantages to living in AZ is not having to put up with overzealous Dim policies. Most of the time anyway. The stores have signs that say "Please help us observe COVID-19 restrictions" or whatever. in other words, they try to treat you like you're a real live adult, not some junky idiot from back East. Or SoCal.

Have no fear though, some stupid twat(s) will screw it up and make the powers-that-be try to enforce these guidelines. Then we'll see some interesting things.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:47 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
One of the advantages to living in AZ is not having to put up with overzealous Dim policies. Most of the time anyway. The stores have signs that say "Please help us observe COVID-19 restrictions" or whatever. in other words, they try to treat you like you're a real live adult, not some junky idiot from back East. Or SoCal.

Have no fear though, some stupid twat(s) will screw it up and make the powers-that-be try to enforce these guidelines. Then we'll see some interesting things.
That is not the case here either. We never have had a lockdown, shelter in place or any order like that by our elected officials.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:19 PM 07-15-2020
They are hot & not in a good way.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:20 PM 07-15-2020
https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...5-5b07ae6fbb58

All about effectiveness. Posted in a few places.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:21 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
My wife found so good ones at Target.

Built in nose thing, that doesn't fit too tight.

I need to go to Target.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:34 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I've learned that the upper half of my head is more attractive to women than the entire head.
Beard time?
[Reply]
TinyEvel 09:37 PM 07-15-2020
The most comfortable mask I have is a surgical mask like in hospitals. Lightweight, small metal strip for the nose bridge, elastic ear loops that aren't too tight and pretty breathable. I went to the hospital for a biopsy and they gave it to me and I have been wearing it for two weeks, gonna buy a 12-pack.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:28 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Today work made masks mandatory for everyone while inside buildings or working closely with others outside. I wear glasses and the masks that are available or the pull over tube type of face mask fog up my glasses. Most of the masks I have seen suck on several levels.

What are you all wearing? Where you getting them from? How do you keep them from fogging up your glasses or shades?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I wear an N95 mask. Its a pain to put on when wearing a hat and glasses but it does the trick. And also gives me quite a bit of protection.
[Reply]
eDave 11:43 PM 07-15-2020
I just wear the free ones they give out. I write Dave on the lower left corner with a sharpie.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:23 AM 07-16-2020
I am in Naples, FL for the summer and there are no mask requirements in the county here.

Even some of the big retailers that are enforcing a mask policy nationally... such as Costco don't rigidly enforce it in the stores here.

It is great.
[Reply]
oldman 08:34 AM 07-16-2020
We tried several, but we were looking to buy local. I found this by digging around: https://www.kcppe.com/ We bought ours from Susan Ferguson and they work just fine. https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeautifullyWoven

I look at it this way. If I get 25% to whatever % protection from what other people are spewing in the air, groovy, that's better than 0%. If I can protect others whatever % (and it's close to 100%) from what bugs I'm spewing in the air, I'll do it. It's not that big of a deal. I know masks are hot, not very comfortable, etc., but this stuff has gotten out of control. I'll put my personal comfort aside for the greater good.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:16 PM 07-16-2020
Well the Governor of Arkansas made a mandate today making masks mandatory in public in the entire state of Arkansas. The news station said that they have been discussing fining people for not wearing masks and if people did not pay the fine it would be applied to their state income tax.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:17 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
I am in Naples, FL for the summer and there are no mask requirements in the county here.

Even some of the big retailers that are enforcing a mask policy nationally... such as Costco don't rigidly enforce it in the stores here.

It is great.
Yes Florida is booming with new cases. Coincidence, I think not.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:13 PM 07-16-2020
They suck but in a day you will figure it out
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up