ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the masks working for you
Chief Roundup 08:31 AM 07-15-2020
Today work made masks mandatory for everyone while inside buildings or working closely with others outside. I wear glasses and the masks that are available or the pull over tube type of face mask fog up my glasses. Most of the masks I have seen suck on several levels.

What are you all wearing? Where you getting them from? How do you keep them from fogging up your glasses or shades?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:38 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
I too wear reading glasses and at first it's a fucking pain in the ass but you learn to breath at a normal lighter pace, not huff and puff.

If you work where you are moving around all the time, that would be tougher.
I am on the move often and have to give presentations in person and over zoom at the same time and I have COPD.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
redfan 11:48 AM 07-15-2020
I've been wearing a home made Chiefs one. It has a nose wire and pleats; not too shabby as far as comfort goes. Effectiveness? No covid yet.
[Reply]
old_geezer 02:21 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Those are not meant to be reused.
I know. Just my middle finger to the mandatory mask requirement. I wear it because it's required, not because I want to.
[Reply]
TEX 02:50 PM 07-15-2020
Wearing a mask sucks in Texas in the summer...
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:58 PM 07-15-2020
I've been trying some different types. Our first ones had the elastic bands that go over the ears, and I'm not wild about them. I can wear them when picking up food from a restaurant or other quick tasks.

We then got some gift ones from a donation, and they're really nice. They have long ties that you tie behind your head (I guess they're called ribbon ties), and the ties are some stretchy material. Those are really nice. I wear them when I'm out running because I can pull them down onto my neck and then quickly pull them back up if someone's coming.

I wanted more of those but haven't been able to find them. I've bought a few different ribbon tie masks but the ribbons aren't elastic. They work fine but I wish I could find more stretchy ribbon masks. The stretchy ones are easier to pull up and down.

My early ones also have a little filter pocket, which is nice. I've forgotten to look on the later purchases and they haven't had one. It's survivable. Well, I hope it is.
[Reply]
eDave 03:02 PM 07-15-2020
I've learned that the upper half of my head is more attractive to women than the entire head.
[Reply]
Spott 03:06 PM 07-15-2020
I’m just glad I don’t have to wear one at work or pretty much anywhere else. The only time I do is when I fly and I just wear a bandana for an hour and a half on the plane. Even then I have food and a drink with my so I only wear it for about 1/2 of the flight.
[Reply]
Sorce 03:44 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I've learned that the upper half of my head is more attractive to women than the entire head.
AKA just the tip.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
underEJ 06:01 PM 07-15-2020
I have a whole bunch now both because I was supporting people who needed to make some dough on etsy and because I don't reuse them without washing and sanitizing them so I need a few to get through the week to laundry day. The shape and fabric seem to make all the difference. And it is sort of trial and error because everyones face is a different shape.

I have a few softer ones with a filter pocket that are super comfortable, but not terrific for work where I really don't want it touching my lips while I have to talk and function. These are great for a trip to the store or something.

I also got a couple with behind the head ties instead of ear bands, but those slip down constantly and annoy me and don't have a filter pocket so I really don't use them.

The ones I like the most were provided at work for us. They are made by the drapery department of our parent company and those are some great sewers. None of the amateur stuff with these. High quality full thread count non-jersey fabric cut and stitched to fit the face nicely around the edges while staying out away from the mouth. They have filter pockets, nose wires, and at least for my head the ear bands are exactly the right size. I wear contacts, but we have to wear 3D glasses a few times a week and I still get a tiny bit of fogging, but way less than every other mask I have.

Union sewers ftw!
[Reply]
jdubya 06:14 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by underEJ:
I have a whole bunch now both because I was supporting people who needed to make some dough on etsy and because I don't reuse them without washing and sanitizing them so I need a few to get through the week to laundry day. The shape and fabric seem to make all the difference. And it is sort of trial and error because everyones face is a different shape.

I have a few softer ones with a filter pocket that are super comfortable, but not terrific for work where I really don't want it touching my lips while I have to talk and function. These are great for a trip to the store or something.

I also got a couple with behind the head ties instead of ear bands, but those slip down constantly and annoy me and don't have a filter pocket so I really don't use them.

The ones I like the most were provided at work for us. They are made by the drapery department of our parent company and those are some great sewers. None of the amateur stuff with these. High quality full thread count non-jersey fabric cut and stitched to fit the face nicely around the edges while staying out away from the mouth. They have filter pockets, nose wires, and at least for my head the ear bands are exactly the right size. I wear contacts, but we have to wear 3D glasses a few times a week and I still get a tiny bit of fogging, but way less than every other mask I have.

Union sewers ftw!
Have you seen any semi duplicate versions of this on Amazon or elsewhere? I`m looking to buy a few for my son who is heading to college in a few weeks and I have been trying to find the best of all worlds: Comfort, quality, effectiveness, nose wire, filter, etc...
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:19 PM 07-15-2020
Uh, any of these 'home-made' masks offering smaller than 0.2 micron weave? Isn't that the threshold for effectively stopping a virus? If not, why exactly are people buying/wearing them?

And you don't have to wash your masks very often. Throw them in the microwave for 30 seconds every day; that's enough to kill any bacteria/viruses until you use it again (note: if your mask has a wire in it, obviously don't be a dumb-ass and microwave it). Wash 'em with your regular laundry once a week or whatever. Not that they're doing you or anyone else much good, but that's another story . . .

Oh, in response to the OP: not really using masks. Don't need them at work due to the lack of other humans, and most of the time when I go to the store there's nearly no one there. And they just closed both of my gyms again, so literally out of places where I might wear one.
[Reply]
Fish 06:58 PM 07-15-2020
Meh... slightly inconvenient. But if it helps a bit, why not?
[Reply]
underEJ 07:01 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Have you seen any semi duplicate versions of this on Amazon or elsewhere? I`m looking to buy a few for my son who is heading to college in a few weeks and I have been trying to find the best of all worlds: Comfort, quality, effectiveness, nose wire, filter, etc...
I haven't, but I'd imagine the professional sewers are the key to it. There are some clothing and uniform companies who have started making masks. Might be a good place to look for something similar.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:07 PM 07-15-2020
I've taken to printing off shitty deberg threads and putting a rubberband on it for masks. I have a lifetime supply currently.
[Reply]
underEJ 07:13 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Uh, any of these 'home-made' masks offering smaller than 0.2 micron weave? Isn't that the threshold for effectively stopping a virus? If not, why exactly are people buying/wearing them?
The filter gets closer to the threshold. And even if it isn't 100% effective, it has effectiveness and I choose to try. I also carry hand sanitizer with me at all times and don't share equipment that hasn't been sanitized with anyone else. I hope it helps. If not, it isn't hurting anything either.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up