ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN: Who in NFL history would you draft No. 1 overall
Tribal Warfare 10:33 PM 06-26-2020

[Reply]
BlackOp 07:14 PM 06-27-2020
I'd take Brett Favre or Montana over Peyton Manning..if I were starting a franchise from scratch.

Manning had a terrible record in the post-season...he had 8 or 9 "one and done" appearances.

They also didn't uses HGH.... to cheat the system.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:14 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Best22:
If he had “goat” offensive weapons he’d have 2 rings by now
You mean if Dumbass Dee Ford had a fucking brain he'd have 2 rings by now.

Get it RIGHT!!!
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:19 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
You mean if Dumbass Dee Ford had a ****ing brain he'd have 2 rings by now.

Get it RIGHT!!!
This is a fact.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:38 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'd take Brett Favre or Montana over Peyton Manning..if I were starting a franchise from scratch.

Manning had a terrible record in the post-season...he had 8 or 9 "one and done" appearances.

They also didn't uses HGH.... to cheat the system.
So did Favre. Montana is a solid choice.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:28 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
So did Favre. Montana is a solid choice.
Yeah, kind of weird to knock Manning's post-season and pimp Favre.

Manning in his prime suffered from deficits in the team, Favre in his prime more often went offbook and had a bigger hand in the loss.

He had a 6 [SIX!!, . . . 3 ret4TD] Int performance against the Rams in the playoffs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:24 AM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic:
32 teams, 50 round draft, with zero salary cap implications. THAT would be fun.

1-1 Patrick Mother-******* Mahomes!!!!!!
In.

Time to recruit rainman as administrator
[Reply]
D.A.P. 02:07 PM 06-28-2020
Montana
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:47 PM 06-28-2020
If I’m picking top 5, then I’m taking a QB first. Mahomes, Manning, Marino, Montana, Rodgers. One of them.

If I can’t get one of them, I’m loading up with the best pass rushers and defensive backs of all time in the first several rounds. If I can’t have one of the very best, then I’ll do my best to stop them. I can take a QB later and not see as much of a drop off compared to the drop off from the top tier all time to the second tier.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:20 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
In.

Time to recruit rainman as administrator
It might be fun, but I'm not sure I see the endgame. Everyone would have good teams with great players. How would one determine which is "better"?
[Reply]
lcarus 04:16 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
If you're running a 32-team league and you were going to draft the first round, I think it would go like this.

1 Patrick Mahomes II
2 Peyton Manning
3 Otto Graham
4 Joe Montana
5 Dan Marino
6 Johnny Unitas
7 Don Hutson
8 Sammy Baugh
9 Aaron Rodgers
10 Jim Brown
11 Reggie White
12 Randy Moss
13 Roger Staubach
14 Brett Favre
15 Jerry Rice
16 Merlin Olsen
17 Mel Blount
18 Deion Sanders
19 Joe Greene
20 Barry Sanders
21 Anthony Munoz
22 Rod Woodson
23 Walter Payton
24 Lawrence Taylor
25 Fran Tarkenton
26 Alan Page
27 Tony Gonzalez
28 Jim Thorpe
29 Red Grange
30 Len Dawson
31 Ed Reed
32 Deacon Jones

Others that I considered in the first round are:

Bob Lilly
Bobby Bell
Buck Buchanan
Derrick Thomas
Doug Atkins
Earl Campbell
Ernie Nevers
Forrest Gregg
Jack Lambert
Jim Taylor
John Hannah
Kellen Winslow
Kevin Greene
Larry Allen
Larry Wilson
Marion Motley
Mel Hein
Orlando Pace
Randy White
Ronnie Lott
Will Shields
Willie Lanier
Willie Roaf

I excluded Tom Brady from this due to consistent allegations of cheating by his team, many of which have been proven to be true.
I like the list. It's tough to have a list of that many greats and not have Ray Lewis on it though. Guessing he just didn't quite make your cut.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 05:20 PM 06-28-2020
Brady, Brown, Rice, Taylor. I’ll let you know in 10 to 15 years whether anyone else could crack that list.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:10 PM 06-28-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I like the list. It's tough to have a list of that many greats and not have Ray Lewis on it though. Guessing he just didn't quite make your cut.
I know he made at least one other person's cut. (Mandatory murder joke.)

There's a glut of middle linebackers, which I suspect would push them down in a draft. Willie Lanier, Dick Butkus, Ray Lewis if you don't mind ego, Chuck Bednarik, Ray Nitschke, Brian Urlacher, Jack Lambert, and so on. For that reason, I think they'll all slip in the draft.

Defensive tackles are another overrepresented group. Who do you pick first when Alan Page, Buck Buchanan, Joe Greene, Merlin Olsen, Bob Lilly, and others are available?

And the odd thing is that if you look at the Hall of Fame, defensive ends are really underrepresented, and most of the ones in the Hall are not all-time top guys. In my opinion, the only defensive ends who could sneak into Round 1 would be Doug Atkins and Deacon Jones, and maybe Carl Eller.
[Reply]
tyton75 03:03 PM 06-29-2020
let me stir some sh*t... but it would be hard to pass up Elway/Marino/Peyton/Montana
[Reply]
A8bil 04:07 PM 06-29-2020
Too many empty stat choices with a lot of these picks (i.e., Marino).

Set Mahomes aside because the hype around him is off the charts (and deservedly so), but once you get past him, there are really only two choices in my mind. Montana -- a winner with ice in his veins. If any defensive player deserved to be chosen, the only real choice is LT. I've watched the NFL since the late 1960s, and the guy was just so dominant at arguably the most important position on defense. I was a huge fan of Ronnie Lott, who came into the league at the same time as LT, but even the most die hard 49er fans had to concede LT was the more impactful player.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:03 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by A8bil:
Too many empty stat choices with a lot of these picks (i.e., Marino).

Set Mahomes aside because the hype around him is off the charts (and deservedly so), but once you get past him, there are really only two choices in my mind. Montana -- a winner with ice in his veins. If any defensive player deserved to be chosen, the only real choice is LT. I've watched the NFL since the late 1960s, and the guy was just so dominant at arguably the most important position on defense. I was a huge fan of Ronnie Lott, who came into the league at the same time as LT, but even the most die hard 49er fans had to concede LT was the more impactful player.
Ideally you could draft a guy like Marino and change his career.

You can pick Montana but the unfair advantage he had before the salary cap isn't coming with him. You can pick Brady but Belichick and all the cheating doesn't come with him.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up