ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN: Who in NFL history would you draft No. 1 overall
Tribal Warfare 10:33 PM 06-26-2020

[Reply]
lcarus 12:31 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
Imagine thinking mahomes is goat with the goat offensive weapons and offensive oriented coach
I wouldn't say the Chiefs offensive line is even close to "goat". They had shit for a running game all last season. He has a "goat" TE in Kelce and a great speed WR in Tyreek Hill. But we saw Mahomes without Tyreek Hill for nearly half the season and he was still great. He was also without his starting left tackle for half the season and the replacement was dog shit. Still great.

But you could take away Kelce, Hill, Watkins, and anyone else you might want to use as the reason Mahomes is goat and guess what. He'd still be fucking goat. Because guess what. He's goat. GOAT.

[Reply]
lcarus 12:36 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’d probably go manning. Sure sure Mahomes Mahomes but being a chiefs fan I’m gonna exclude him for now. I’m not objective towards him

I know what Manning can do to a franchise without the best coach In nfl history. He did it with 2 separate franchises. If I can have just an average coach, Manning can win with him. Maybe not deep in the playoffs cause he’ll run into better teams coaches etc, but over the long haul, he can.
I'd personally take Mahomes or Joe Montana but Peyton Manning would give you greatness at QB for a long time and you can't be wrong for picking that.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:43 PM 06-27-2020
Greg Ostertag.

Oh wait we are talking about football?

Ricky Stanzi.

I'm actually disappointed we got Mahomes because now I can't drunkenly yell "PUT IN STANZI" anymore.
[Reply]
Redbled 12:47 PM 06-27-2020
Has to be a QB. Can’t fathom starting your team with any other position. If it’s simply based on talent and doesn’t come with Brady’s 6 rings it’s Mahomes and really no need for hesitation.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:25 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by Best22:
If he had “goat” offensive weapons he’d have 2 rings by now
I don't know about that. But if the 2018 Chiefs had a defense with a pulse, he would have 2 rings right now. Even with the garbage defense, they were one silly offsides mistake from reaching Super Bowl. Extremely frustrating way to lose. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 02:56 PM 06-27-2020
32 teams, 50 round draft, with zero salary cap implications. THAT would be fun.

1-1 Patrick Mother-******* Mahomes!!!!!!
[Reply]
lcarus 04:49 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Has to be a QB. Can’t fathom starting your team with any other position. If it’s simply based on talent and doesn’t come with Brady’s 6 rings it’s Mahomes and really no need for hesitation.
Agreed. I'm getting my QB first, then a pass rusher, then a left tackle, then it's pretty much best player available. Of course I'd want to get an elite weapon or two for my QB pretty early.
[Reply]
O.city 04:51 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pass. Manning was a choke artist in the playoffs and wasn’t the reason he won in Denver in 2015
He still won 2 sbs and was a shoe in for 12 wins every year.

I’ll start there
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:06 PM 06-27-2020
If Mahomes follows his current trajectory, it’s not even close. He’d go down as the greatest sports athlete ever. If you want to assume he’s human, well, that’s another discussion.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:21 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
He still won 2 sbs and was a shoe in for 12 wins every year.

I’ll start there
One of those doesn't count. He was the 33rd-ranked quarterback in the league and the NFL gave him a farewell celebration.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:17 PM 06-27-2020
Depends what era and what rules.

Sure Mahomes and Marino would probably be great any era but would Brady or Manning survive having a coked up LT looking to rip off their head every play?

Would they be effective with safeties like Lott and Lynch completely destroying any receiver coming over the middle? How about when corners could be much more physical?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:19 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pass. Manning was a choke artist in the playoffs and wasn’t the reason he won in Denver in 2015
He took four teams to the Super Bowl with two different franchises and four different head coaches.

Guy played in Indy for 10+ seasons and the only defenders I can remember were a couple pass rushers (whose productivity was no doubt boosted by playing on a team led by Peyton) and like 6 games worth of Bob Sanders.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:48 PM 06-27-2020
If you're running a 32-team league and you were going to draft the first round, I think it would go like this.

1 Patrick Mahomes II
2 Peyton Manning
3 Otto Graham
4 Joe Montana
5 Dan Marino
6 Johnny Unitas
7 Don Hutson
8 Sammy Baugh
9 Aaron Rodgers
10 Jim Brown
11 Reggie White
12 Randy Moss
13 Roger Staubach
14 Brett Favre
15 Jerry Rice
16 Merlin Olsen
17 Mel Blount
18 Deion Sanders
19 Joe Greene
20 Barry Sanders
21 Anthony Munoz
22 Rod Woodson
23 Walter Payton
24 Lawrence Taylor
25 Fran Tarkenton
26 Alan Page
27 Tony Gonzalez
28 Jim Thorpe
29 Red Grange
30 Len Dawson
31 Ed Reed
32 Deacon Jones

Others that I considered in the first round are:

Bob Lilly
Bobby Bell
Buck Buchanan
Derrick Thomas
Doug Atkins
Earl Campbell
Ernie Nevers
Forrest Gregg
Jack Lambert
Jim Taylor
John Hannah
Kellen Winslow
Kevin Greene
Larry Allen
Larry Wilson
Marion Motley
Mel Hein
Orlando Pace
Randy White
Ronnie Lott
Will Shields
Willie Lanier
Willie Roaf

I excluded Tom Brady from this due to consistent allegations of cheating by his team, many of which have been proven to be true.
[Reply]
RustShack 06:55 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
Barry fucking sanders!
Didn’t you know you can’t draft RB’s in the first round????
[Reply]
RustShack 06:59 PM 06-27-2020
Based on two seasons Mahomes is the easy choice. Manning would be the next option, based on career.

BUT if it’s with current offense/weapons/coach. Vick would be interesting.

Id still pick Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up