ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 149
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:33 AM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I have long been a fan of Rosenthal and am enjoying seeing him return to form.

This only increased my affinity for him.
I like Rosie as well. I compared the guy to Syndergaard coming up and thought he was the best pure pitching prospect our system had produced in a decade. The fact that we hammered him into the 'pen and never let him develop an absolute wipeout change and developing curve he came to the show with was just criminal. He should've been a starter - he'd have been a damn good one.

That said - I've never understood professional athletes doing stuff like that. Look - you scuffled a bit. Nobody said "Fire Rosenthal's worthless ass into the sun..." they simply made a fairly benign comment that maybe you weren't sharp that evening.

Bader got all huffy with a blogger when the guy pointed out that Bader can't hit breaking balls. Okay - well Bader can't !@#$ing hit breaking balls. At all. And eventually it's gonna be his ticket out of the league. What's the point in getting indignant over that fact? Nobody made it personal, nobody even questioned his dedication or effort.

But if someone just makes a factual statement 'hey, X is struggling with Y' - why would you be all uppity about it?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:01 PM 08-13-2020
I have downgraded Bret Phillips out of the 5-slot in my all time Royals defenders and replaced him with Wilson. He’s botched some plays this year and I know you needed my new ranking.

Re: Rosenthal. I’ve always liked him too. I understand why they had to cut him tho. These are the perfect fliers for us. Homer Bailey, Montgomery, Mike Minor, Wily Peralta et al. We aren’t winning until our rotation gets set anyway.

Btw someone will do that with Ian next year. 2M+ incentives, he will prob go 50IP at 4.20 and the GM will act like he’s a savant.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:30 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
You trolling right? Perez has been phenomenal this year
I'm sure at some point Prison Bitch has had disdain for Salvy since he's a brown person.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:43 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I'm sure at some point Prison Bitch has had disdain for Salvy since he's a brown person.
Oh no fucking doubt in my mind.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:15 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

They are pretty much identical its just preference.
If only Griffey didn't dive at walls as much. He became quite injury prone.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 07:52 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
If by "it" he means an editor, I think he's correct. Those guys pump out stories littered with grammar/spelling errors like fifth graders.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:15 PM 08-14-2020

For the first time in my life, the Royals have a manager willing to try creative new strategies to find an edge, and it's sort of breaking my brain.

If I was wrong about Mike Matheny, it would hardly be the first time I was proven wrong. But it might be the fastest. https://t.co/PcxQp8B1SG

— Rany Jazayerli (@jazayerli) August 14, 2020

Add me in with Rany on that one
[Reply]
cabletech94 02:09 PM 08-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

Add me in with Rany on that one
I just saw that Kennedy was starting and I was like “first overall pick here we come”. This makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification.
[Reply]
tk13 10:36 PM 08-14-2020
Gonna have to keep an eye on this since the Royals were just in Cincy.

A Reds player has tested positive for COVID-19, sources tell The Athletic. Team defeated Pirates on Friday night, scheduled to host them again at 6:10 p.m. ET on Saturday. Status of that game not yet known.

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) August 15, 2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:42 PM 08-15-2020
Royals are drafting about 6th-7th now. Plenty of time to go on a 18 game losing streak. Pirates are awful bad though. Maybe have to settle for Leiter instead of Rocker.

https://www.mlb.com/news/inbox-rocke...-in-2021-draft

Let’s see some Royal suckitude boys!
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:17 PM 08-15-2020
Royals aren't getting the number 1 pick and so I'd rather watch competitive baseball.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 04:11 PM 08-15-2020
Good lord Whit is good. Hopefully he will still be at this sort of level when we are better.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:33 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Royals aren't getting the number 1 pick and so I'd rather watch competitive baseball.

That’s the problem.
The Royals aren’t talented enough to win jackshit.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:44 PM 08-15-2020
Wtf is up with Kyle Zimmer? Hasn't pitched in like 10 days. Is he injured? He's been one of our best bull pen arms. Doesn't make any sense.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:47 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
That’s the problem.
The Royals aren’t talented enough to win jackshit.
Our offense been really good and our pitchers have been really good. We had one bad stretch, but we are playing really good now and this team is trending in the right direction.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 149
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136 > Last »
Up