ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 19
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stupid Tourist Tricks
Bwana 07:51 AM 05-15-2016

It's off to a fast start already this year! A list of incidents involving people trying to obtain the coveted Darwin Award. I will keep you up to date of all the stupid tourist tricks.

This yesterday: We thought it was cold! (this is a first) :-)
http://www.ktvq.com/story/31975424/y...ed-it-was-cold

How this lady lived and was not gored is beyond me: Buy a Powerball ticket lady:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfk1O9_quxs

This from last week: Amazing no one got taken out:
http://www.krtv.com/story/31915893/v...nal-park-video

Much of the time, this is what happens: Fat guy vs Bison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNvTHOrTf_Y

At this rate, it should be a record year for goring incidents, Chinese tourists seem particularly clueless. So far no goring's, but it's coming.

If you have any from your area, post them up.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:36 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Otter:
It is the the "show me state". I wonder what the Chinese's problem is?
"Show Me" sounds like it could be a Chinese word. Maybe that's its origin.
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:38 PM 05-16-2016
There's a video on YouTube of someone messing with a buffalo, and it ends with the dude being flipped up into a tree.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:18 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Cochise:
There's a video on YouTube of someone messing with a buffalo, and it ends with the dude being flipped up into a tree.
Yeah it's the last link in the OP. That looks like a big old boy and the bison tossed him like a twig.
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:01 PM 05-16-2016
Snapped this pic of a Darwin Award candidate at Yellowstone last year. He was not Chinese btw.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:09 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well now this just plain sucks.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29...by-yellowstone

News has been circulating on social media about people putting a bison calf in their car. The story is true, and its sad conclusion highlights the importance of keeping a safe distance from park wildlife. Here’s the full account:

Last week, visitors were cited for placing a newborn bison calf in their vehicle and transporting it to a park facility because of their misplaced concern for the animal's welfare. In terms of human safety, this was a dangerous activity because adult animals are very protective of their young and will act aggressively to defend them. In addition, interference by people can cause mothers to reject their offspring. In this case, park rangers tried repeatedly to reunite the newborn bison calf with the herd. These efforts failed. The bison calf was later euthanized because it was abandoned and causing a dangerous situation by continually approaching people and cars along the roadway.

In a recent viral video, a visitor approached within an arm's length of an adult bison in the Old Faithful area. Another video featured visitors posing for pictures with bison at extremely unsafe and illegal distances. Last year, five visitors were seriously injured when they approached bison too closely. Bison injure more visitors to Yellowstone than any other animal.

Approaching wild animals can drastically affect their well-being and, in this case, their survival. Park regulations require that you stay at least 25 yards (23 m) away from all wildlife (including bison, elk and deer) and at least 100 yards (91 m) away from bears and wolves. Disregarding these regulations can result in fines, injury, and even death. The safety of these animals, as well as human safety, depends on everyone using good judgment and following these simple rules.
[Reply]
Squalor2 08:02 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Cochise:

a bronco?
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:09 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Baconeater:
Snapped this pic of a Darwin Award candidate at Yellowstone last year. He was not Chinese btw.

If he falls in, it'll take a thousand years for him to be digested.
[Reply]
Athis 07:24 AM 05-17-2016
About twenty years ago me and the GF, at the time, took a trip to Yellowstone. There was an epic snowfall that year. So we did a snowmobile tour of a small area of the park. Given the snow fall the roads/paths had been plowed. The Bison were smart enough to use said roads/paths for their use. So deep into our tour we come around a turn and sure enough there are Bison on the road in single file walking. We had to pass within 6 feet of these massive animals only to have one swing his head and grunt at me. Made me a little concerned...the same tour later on, we on our way to a hot spring and had come to a stop. I look over I see a bush and hiding in there was a female Moose and her baby, I had another concern.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 08:04 AM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I was reading a news article that I think it is Greece will be importing Chinese police to help control Chinese tourists since they love doing dumb shit and damaging priceless landmarks.

Chinese people are doing their best to keep the worst national tourist mantle.
Living in Korea I've encountered my fair share of ignorant Chinese tourists. Koreans can give them a run for their money when it comes to doing stupid shit though.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 08:06 AM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by Otter:
It is the the "show me state". I wonder what the Chinese's problem is?
They are a country that is still full of uncultured and uncouth people.
[Reply]
Warrior5 08:21 AM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
It is possible it was already rejected and that is why they found it alone. Not that I am a huge PETA fan but I would think if they wanted to they could have kept the thing alive and raised it. Or at the least I would think someone would have taken it to hand raise it.
I'm not even a little PETA fan, and this makes sense to me. How about the Bison place at Fort Hayes mentioned earlier.

There are organizations that probably would have gladly taken this bison; why automatically put it down?
[Reply]
Bwana 08:47 AM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by Warrior5:
I'm not even a little PETA fan, and this makes sense to me. How about the Bison place at Fort Hayes mentioned earlier.

There are organizations that probably would have gladly taken this bison; why automatically put it down?
They did another story on it last night. Something tells me the people that gave the calf a joy ride in their rental are in for an expensive lesson.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/31988823/w...-not-relocated
[Reply]
Bwana 08:58 AM 05-17-2016
:-)

These guys are lucky to be alive as well. More guys that visited Yellowstone and left their brains at home.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/31986483/m...-national-park
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:12 AM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
"Show Me" sounds like it could be a Chinese word. Maybe that's its origin.
That baby bison didn't realize it was actually headed for Bo Ling's Chop Suey Palace
[Reply]
Lzen 09:23 AM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
News has been circulating on social media about people putting a bison calf in their car. The story is true, and its sad conclusion highlights the importance of keeping a safe distance from park wildlife. Here’s the full account:

Last week, visitors were cited for placing a newborn bison calf in their vehicle and transporting it to a park facility because of their misplaced concern for the animal's welfare. In terms of human safety, this was a dangerous activity because adult animals are very protective of their young and will act aggressively to defend them. In addition, interference by people can cause mothers to reject their offspring. In this case, park rangers tried repeatedly to reunite the newborn bison calf with the herd. These efforts failed. The bison calf was later euthanized because it was abandoned and causing a dangerous situation by continually approaching people and cars along the roadway.

In a recent viral video, a visitor approached within an arm's length of an adult bison in the Old Faithful area. Another video featured visitors posing for pictures with bison at extremely unsafe and illegal distances. Last year, five visitors were seriously injured when they approached bison too closely. Bison injure more visitors to Yellowstone than any other animal.

Approaching wild animals can drastically affect their well-being and, in this case, their survival. Park regulations require that you stay at least 25 yards (23 m) away from all wildlife (including bison, elk and deer) and at least 100 yards (91 m) away from bears and wolves. Disregarding these regulations can result in fines, injury, and even death. The safety of these animals, as well as human safety, depends on everyone using good judgment and following these simple rules.
Why didn't they allow someone to adopt it so that they could eventually slaughter it for the meat? This seems like such a waste.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 19
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up