ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1804 of 3903
« First < 804130417041754179418001801180218031804 180518061807180818141854190423042804 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 06:27 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
You stretch it out to give the medical community time to figure it out
I feel like we've already made huge strides, but it also feels like it's not enough. It probably won't ever feel like enough until a vaccine is ready to roll out in mass to the public.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:31 PM 05-03-2020
You stretch it out to give the medical community time to figure it out
Yeah, no. You hope too but in all reality you can't stretch it that long. We got Remdesivir coming so that helps.
[Reply]
TLO 06:32 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
No it's true, there's so much that we don't know, we could look back a year from now and see this thing was handled all wrong. I'm not sure about any of these projections. But it is pretty clear the thing has a pretty good shot of killing 100k people here, which is pretty brutal. And that's with most people not going to work. I don't see any evidence the thing is slowing down, especially in these places like nursing homes and meat plants where people are in close contact all the time. I think you'll be able to re-open some things but I have no idea how you send people back to large workplaces. Someone smarter than me will have to figure that out.
The list goes on and on for this group.
- prisons, jails, production lines, etc, etc.

I don't know what else can be done. We need all of these places up and running. There's no reliable way to prevent the infection from reaching these places either. You can social distance, temperature check, and do all these other things if it makes you feel better, but how much of a difference does it really make?
[Reply]
O.city 06:33 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah, no. You hope too but in all reality you can't stretch it that long. We got Remdesivir coming so that helps.
Stretch it as long and as much as you can
[Reply]
TLO 06:34 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Unfortunately, we don't have a whole lot of it. We can only pray it works for most people and they can ramp up production in a hurry.
[Reply]
TLO 06:36 PM 05-03-2020
I think that's the plan with the phased reopening of states. We're trying to make things go back to "normal" to a degree while still slowing the virus down as much as possible.

Will it work? Who knows. If it blows up in the country's face we're going to be looking at despair the likes we've never seen. People are going to be living with the reality that they can't go to work until there's a vaccine available, and the death toll is going to skyrocket.

The phased reopening has to work. It just has to.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:43 PM 05-03-2020
We have. We are at the end. People have had it rightly or wrongly. Phased re-openings are now the best option.
[Reply]
TLO 06:46 PM 05-03-2020
You were asking about Missouri numbers from yesterday. This link sums things up nicely.

https://health.mo.gov/living/healthc...-dashboard.pdf

They update it every day, usually somewhere between 2pm and 3pm.

This website, if you haven't checked it out already, has a plethora of good information. Breaks things down by county, age, race, etc.

https://health.mo.gov/living/healthc...us/results.php
[Reply]
petegz28 06:46 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I think that's the plan with the phased reopening of states. We're trying to make things go back to "normal" to a degree while still slowing the virus down as much as possible.

Will it work? Who knows. If it blows up in the country's face we're going to be looking at despair the likes we've never seen. People are going to be living with the reality that they can't go to work until there's a vaccine available, and the death toll is going to skyrocket.

It will because we have no other choice. The economy devastation is just barely starting to be felt. Not to mention there is a lot of other crap going on like increased spousal abuse, sexual assaults both on spouses and children, alcohol and drug abuse, etc.

I understand to need to stay at home but it is a very myopic and naive view to thing you can do it and things will just go on as they have.
[Reply]
O.city 06:46 PM 05-03-2020

Yeah they’re stretching it as much as they can here in Greene county and we haven’t had a new case in 10 days. Slow slow going.

Just wear a mask everywhere
[Reply]
O.city 06:49 PM 05-03-2020
You were asking about Missouri numbers from yesterday. This link sums things up nicely.

https://health.mo.gov/living/healthc...-dashboard.pdf

They update it every day, usually somewhere between 2pm and 3pm.

This website, if you haven't checked it out already, has a plethora of good information. Breaks things down by county, age, race, etc.

https://health.mo.gov/living/healthc...us/results.php
Thanks
[Reply]
TLO 06:51 PM 05-03-2020
Yeah they’re stretching it as much as they can here in Greene county and we haven’t had a new case in 10 days. Slow slow going.

Just wear a mask everywhere
That's relatively amazing considering how big Greene County is. We're about a 1/4th your size, and we were pushing 60 cases before the meat packing place had all those positives. You guys must be doing something right down there.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:52 PM 05-03-2020
But how common is this?
Too soon to know.
[Reply]
O.city 06:55 PM 05-03-2020
That's relatively amazing considering how big Greene County is. We're about a 1/4th your size, and we were pushing 60 cases before the meat packing place had all those positives. You guys must be doing something right down there.
Yeah people have been surprisingly good about doing this whole thing. It’s weird to that Springfield has a high population but is really spread out for the most part.

We’ll see how it goes. I’ve been seeing a lot of masks out and about for sure
[Reply]
O.city 06:56 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Too soon to know.
Did you see my post about the new serology tests?
[Reply]
Page 1804 of 3903
« First < 804130417041754179418001801180218031804 180518061807180818141854190423042804 > Last »
Up